View Single Post
Old 18.08.2007, 23:35

Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
born2run has no particular reputation at present
Re: [US->CH] Good moving company??

I will add more to my response later, but let me say in no uncertain terms that you should avoid Euro Transport which is based in the US and Canada. We are filing criminal charges against this company for fraud/theft for their charging us $1250 (usd) for insurance that they did not provide. the goods have not yet been delivered (YIKES).

Pay very careful attention to the contract that you will be required to sign with whatever company you work end up hiring. they will interpret the terms and conditions of the contract in ways that will shock you. also you should note that Euro Transport (and another Canadian-based moving company) are merely inept, general contractors who make a few bookings, hire local movers, and drivers as independent contractors do not directly manage or perform the move. My advice is that you would save a lot of money and hassle if you find a trucker who will deliver a cargo container to your home/apartment, get space on a ship to Europe, find a european-based mover to get your goods from the port to your new home. It is easier than it sounds and would take no more than a week at most to plan and execute.

Otherwise, get yourself a lawyer or smoke a big fattie, cus you are going to be taken for a ride like never before. bonne chance!!!