View Single Post
Old 23.09.2010, 20:03

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
tanyarama has no particular reputation at present
Insurance pregnancy help needed!

Have looked through previous posts and have not found my situation so please some help needed.
Long story short, I'm pregnant, due in 2 weeks and all has been relatively normal except a few weeks back I had early contractions so was admitted to hospital for a few days, then sent home. We have basic insurance and have been sending my bills in and been quickly re-imbursed. Our deductable is 2500 but since this is a pregnancy, they have covered most of the doc bills. BUT yesterday we received a bill for 2300sf from the ins. company. Rang them and they said because I was admitted to the hospital and stayed a few days it was considered an 'illness', even though it was pregnancy related, it would not be covered. Had I given birth at the time of my hospital stay it would have been covered as pregnancy.
We assumed and were told anything relating to preg would be covered under basic and there is nothing stating different in the fine print.
The hospital said it is up to the ins co to pay or not..
Can anyone offer some advice!! We can hardly afford an unexpected bill like this so close to me not having an income for many months..
Many thanks!
Tanya