View Single Post
Old 25.01.2006, 19:18
The Architect

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
mark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Consumer rights in Switzerland

Quote:
Mark here you are right. I asked a Swiss distributor to provide me a price list for a webshop and they point blank refused with the reasoning that I might undercut the shops. I told him that I have contacts in other larger countries and that I could undercut the shops anyway and was just trying to do him a favour. Still refused... Richard
Ah... nothing like a good cartel is there? Sadly this doesn't just happen in CH, but at least in economies like the EU and USA they are large enough for businesses to get around these things (in many, but not all industries). Switzerland being out of the EU still leaves you with the problem that you have to parallel import, and that is not without its share of problems...

I think as consumers we like to get on our high horses (especially we spoilt ex-pats) but we should also take time to consider how tough it is to run these webshops on razor-thin margins. This is not a country that encourages risk-taking! Still - despite all the hardships that these shops face, an apology or good manners costs absolutely nothing - my biggest complaint!

Mark