View Single Post
Old 24.08.2007, 08:19
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 30 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 1,407 Times in 684 Posts
fduvall has a reputation beyond reputefduvall has a reputation beyond reputefduvall has a reputation beyond reputefduvall has a reputation beyond reputefduvall has a reputation beyond repute
Re: International Money Transfer

My attorney actually advised me to bring cash with me from the US when I was going to form a corporation here in CH. A wire may have taken too long (in this case), so I would have brought close to US$20K with me. He said it was quite common for people in CH to carry large sums of cash. The one issue would have been declaring the funds on the way out of the US, which is not a real problem.

You could probably do the same for your savings...and no fees. Your Swiss bank could surely accept Canadian Loonies (even though they look funny ). This only works if you have not already arrived here, of course.

fduvall

Quote:
View Post
Can anyone tell me the best way to transfer money from Canada to Switzerland - ie my old saving. I am not really sure if the cheapest way to do it would be a international bank transfer, or trying to open a canadian account that is affiliated with my swiss bank or something(???)

How did you do it? and if you did - was it very expensive?

thanks!

Andrew