View Single Post
Old 12.10.2010, 22:51

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
randy_carney has no particular reputation at present
Re: I miss my dogs, I feel like I wanna borrow somebody's pet and take care of it

Quote:
View Post
Just wanted to pass along some info in case you are hoping to bring your dogs to Switzerland at some point . . .

While it is tremendously expensive to "ship" pooches as cargo without you being a passenger on the plane with them, it is Far less expensive to bring them along on the plane when you Are a fellow passenger . . .

There are airlines that will ship the dogs from the US to Switzerland for approximately 1500 US dollars, however flying them With you as cargo costs approx 80 dollars extra . . . .

I realize that 80 dollars isn`t INexpensive, however it might be worth it if you`re truly pining for your pups

WHOOAA
I don't know where you saw that price of 80 bucks!!
I just shipped over a terrier under the plane with me (mind you he was about 2 inches too long to go under the seat in front of me, but my laptop and feet barely fit there so I wouldn't wish that on anything but the smallest lap dog) and it cost us about $600 not to mention the 200 CHF or so in taxes and the over 2 hours of running around the geneva airport to finally retrieve him...

just sayin'...