View Single Post
Old 19.10.2010, 18:56

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
AlexandraD has no particular reputation at present
...and how about the homework of the children?

Hello everyone J

I truly wish that someone put my mind at rest by giving me a hint as to how to deal with the great issue of the “devoirs”, the homework. Since I can communicate only the basics in french and my husband will be travelling frequently, you see why the homework of the children can become challenging…

My family (a boy 9, a girl 7, my husband and I) are to move permanently to Switzerland in 15 days. I am greek (so do forgive my rather simple english) and my husband french, both British universities graduates (as a matter of fact my son was born in the UK) and at home we speak english. The childern have joined from the beginning the french educational system at the French Lyceé in Anthens with excellent results. We plan now to register them to the local elementary which happens to be 20 meters from our house in Vufflens-la-Ville near Lausanne.

Now, as honest and organised a 9 and 7 years old can be, I believe that they need guidance and control through their homework. In Athens this was beautifully settled with the precious help of a swiss private tutor. However, how about the homework of the childern here, in Switzerland? Is it organised by the school or maybe locally by the community? Are there study groups? Is private tutoring common –and how much would it cost? Any ideas?

Thank you!