View Single Post
Old 21.10.2010, 18:46
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
muze7 is considered knowledgeablemuze7 is considered knowledgeablemuze7 is considered knowledgeable
Re: What is the cheapest way to transfer money from UK to Swiss bank account?

Has anyone more info on which UK banks allow you to do electronic international transfers simply from within internet banking?

With LLoyds (SWIFT = 20 pounds or 35 above 5000!) and the Co-Operative bank (Swift costs 0,25% of total, min. of 13 up to 35 pounds) , they tell me you have to visit a branch or telephone, which is a pain!. A forum member said Nationwide (SWIFT 25 pounds) allow it online if you have the reader.

Any have any info on whether you can transfer online with these banks?
  1. Halifax
  2. HSBC?
  3. First direct?
Some tips
  1. Voltrex is a UK company that also offers online FX services like Oanda, they were very fast so far (if you want the spread I got, let me know).
  2. Raiffeisen offers free UK sterling accounts (only costs 15chf if you close it), unlike PostFinance which is not free if you have less than 7.5k in your set
  3. You can transfer pounds to your Swiss account in pounds (see above) and use local companies to transfer to CHF/EURO or other currencies (example Wechselstube.ch)
  4. Nationwide will change the overseas withdrawal fees! From November I think it will be much more (check out their site, cannot remember how much http://www.nationwide.co.uk/current_...nt-changes.htm)