View Single Post
Old 29.08.2007, 19:38
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
muze7 is considered knowledgeablemuze7 is considered knowledgeablemuze7 is considered knowledgeable
Re: Postdoc tax question

Sarahw, I am in exactly that situation. I will reply to that below, but first somthing else related to previous posts on getting money back if you pay into 3rd pillar accounts while paying tax at source.

Quote:
So, I am taxed at the source, and you don't have to fill any form. Every year in January you receive from your employer the certificate of salary for the tax declaration ("Lohnausweis für die Steuererklärung" or "Certificat de salaire pour la déclaration d'impôt"), and when you are taxed at the source it doesn't seem very useful, but it is! ...............Then you will get the money a month later. The earlier you send all this, the fastest you get your money back.
I checked this out further, it seems it is not possible in every kanton, apparantly Basel and Ticino and a 3rd kanton I forgot do not allow it.
So before you open a pillar 3a Fisca account and deposit money in it, check that it is is allowed for quellensteuer people (who pay tax at source) with your tax office (steuerverwaltung)!