View Single Post
Old 27.10.2010, 18:50
Mimster's Avatar
Mimster Mimster is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Thalwil
Posts: 158
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 108 Times in 60 Posts
Mimster has no particular reputation at present
Re: Non EU on 1 yr renewable B Permit eligible for unemployment insurance

From my knowledge, there are two types of B-permits. One attached directly to your employer, one that is not. If you have the one that is not, then immigration will extend your B permit as long as you are elible for RAV payments. This I know from experience, unfortunately it was from 2003, so perhaps things has changed since then though it does not make any sense if you are eligble for RAV benefits but are not allowed to stay and receive it.

Regarding the other type of B - I can not help as I am not so sure how that goes. I agree that RAV will be the best place to get the correct answers and will recommend you reach out to them before going to immigration.
Reply With Quote