English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Business & entrepreneur (https://www.englishforum.ch/business-entrepreneur/)
-   -   Looking for wine distributors... (https://www.englishforum.ch/business-entrepreneur/1035-looking-wine-distributors.html)

BacchusWines 17.08.2006 10:57

Looking for wine distributors...
 
Hi,
We have a small wine company called Bacchus Wines and we are currently importing small production wines of a very high quality from Italy (and eventually France) to Switzerland. We would like to expand our distribution in Switzerland and are looking for sales people with an interest in wine and food to conduct wine tastings and/or sell to restaurants and shops in your area.
Our wines are all of very high quality and generally cost between 10 and 25 Chf per bottle. We personally visit the wineries and select each wine carefully and make sure there are no other importers bringing in the same wines. You will decide your own hours, so you can work as much or as little as you like. Salary will be determined on a commission basis.

If you are interested please contact:
Ed McGaugh
041 750 55 01 or 079 419 50 82
www.bacchuswines.ch

Jack 18.08.2006 07:25

Re: Looking for wine distributors...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BacchusWines
We would like to expand our distribution in Switzerland and are looking for sales people with an interest in wine and food to conduct wine tastings and/or sell to restaurants and shops in your area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BacchusWines
You will decide your own hours, so you can work as much or as little as you like. Salary will be determined on a commission basis.

Ed,

As a suggestion, you may want to be a bit more clear on how this post reads... By asking for sales people, there is an implication that you want to hire individuals for your company, and I'm sure you realize there are Swiss laws regarding minimum base salaries, paying AHV, etc. Perhaps you should insert the word 'independent' into your posting, unless of course you are looking to actually hire someone...

Second, independent distributors also need to comply with permit requirements, which I'm sure you will mention to those who reply. But for those who don't know, there is already quite a bit about that topic in this forum (use the search feature to find out more about businesses and permits)... You could get a hefty fine by Swiss authorities by hiring (even independent I'm told) individuals without proper work permits...

It's great to see independent businesses in Switzerland doing well... Best of luck to you and your expansion plans...

Jack

BacchusWines 18.08.2006 07:41

Re: Looking for wine distributors...
 
Hi Jack and thanks for your reply, these are excellent points and I was aware of the issues regarding hiring and AHV etc. and of course anyone who applies needs to have the proper permit. My intention is to share the profits with independent distributors on a commission basis. Although this type of employment is usually not practiced here in Switzerland it is quite common in the US. It can work very well and affords very flexible hours.
Thanks again, Ed


Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack
Ed,

As a suggestion, you may want to be a bit more clear on how this post reads... By asking for sales people, there is an implication that you want to hire individuals for your company, and I'm sure you realize there are Swiss laws regarding minimum base salaries, paying AHV, etc. Perhaps you should insert the word 'independent' into your posting, unless of course you are looking to actually hire someone...

Second, independent distributors also need to comply with permit requirements, which I'm sure you will mention to those who reply. But for those who don't know, there is already quite a bit about that topic in this forum (use the search feature to find out more about businesses and permits)... You could get a hefty fine by Swiss authorities by hiring (even independent I'm told) individuals without proper work permits...

It's great to see independent businesses in Switzerland doing well... Best of luck to you and your expansion plans...

Jack


tmagnus 13.06.2008 16:48

Re: Looking for wine distributors...
 
Please check out my CV on my recent post 'Wine Work', I think I may be able to help you.

gregv 13.06.2008 17:19

Re: Looking for wine distributors...
 
You would be better off contacting Ed directly. http://www.bacchuswines.ch/ He tends to be busier these days with his expat expo than with his wine business.

grumpygrapefruit 13.06.2008 17:36

Re: Looking for wine distributors...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregv (Post 247351)
You would be better off contacting Ed directly. http://www.bacchuswines.ch/ He tends to be busier these days with his expat expo than with his wine business.

Yes, and the original posts are nearly 2 years old.

miniMia 13.06.2008 18:35

Re: Looking for wine distributors...
 
This sound likes something I'd love to do. Of course, I don't have the time to get this going now, but I'm curious, would the "independent distributor" need any sort of business license? I believe you do as an importer, but what about for selling/distributing food, wine, alcohol?

(oh, doesn't Ed join us here any more? Ed? Where are you?) ;)

Texaner 13.06.2008 20:38

Re: Looking for wine distributors...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregv (Post 247351)
You would be better off contacting Ed directly. http://www.bacchuswines.ch/ He tends to be busier these days with his expat expo than with his wine business.

Even the "tasting schedule" on that website stops with October 2007. :eek: (Must be really busy elsewhere...)

BacchusWines 20.07.2008 18:22

Re: Looking for wine distributors...
 
Hi Guys,
Sorry, I am really busy with Expat-Expo so I had to close the wine business.
Thanks,
Ed


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:39.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0