English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Business & entrepreneur (https://www.englishforum.ch/business-entrepreneur/)
-   -   Want something 3d printed? (https://www.englishforum.ch/business-entrepreneur/286379-want-something-3d-printed.html)

bigblue2 07.01.2019 14:38

Re: Want something 3d printed?
 
Right now I have no spare capacity, seems everyone was waiting until after christmas to order and now we're swamped, going to be at least a month until I can take on new orders, sorry.

Rjellsch 07.01.2019 21:01

Re: Want something 3d printed?
 
Thanks for the update. A month could fit my time frame pretty well. Do you have any information on the strength of materials which could be used for printing? I have a couple small projects upcoming and may be able to print the prototypes instead of making them by hand on lathe/mill.

I don't have an established 3d printing workflow. Can you work with Vectorworks STL files or is something else preferred??

Thanks.

MiB 08.01.2019 22:21

Re: Want something 3d printed?
 
How about 3D printed homes?

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-h0tTcJJrm...n%2B3D%2B0.jpg
source

bigblue2 09.01.2019 10:51

Re: Want something 3d printed?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rjellsch (Post 3028184)
Thanks for the update. A month could fit my time frame pretty well. Do you have any information on the strength of materials which could be used for printing? I have a couple small projects upcoming and may be able to print the prototypes instead of making them by hand on lathe/mill.

I don't have an established 3d printing workflow. Can you work with Vectorworks STL files or is something else preferred??

Thanks.

I use PLA which is pretty strong depending on the size of the object, really depends on the intended use.

STL files are fine

bigblue2 11.02.2019 15:08

Re: Want something 3d printed?
 
been working on this display piece for the past few weeks

https://i.imgur.com/r0dgEur.jpg

which is mainly the failed / seconds from this print

https://i.imgur.com/dnm0wzY.jpg

Guest 11.02.2019 15:22

Re: Want something 3d printed?
 
Big Blue & his old lady ?

bigblue2 05.06.2019 14:41

Re: Want something 3d printed?
 
no capacity again at the moment, while the printers are busy earning their keep I've been busy finishing something I started printing a while ago

at the start of the bank holiday weekend it looked like this

https://i.imgur.com/TY4lG8x.jpg

now it looks like this :)

https://i.imgur.com/Ne3IzZM.jpg


fortunately its been great weather for painting

https://i.imgur.com/m7BMI53.jpg

still a shed load of work to do

Tony82s 18.10.2019 00:21

Re: Want something 3d printed?
 
Hi sent you a PM!

Can you have a read 👍🏼
Cheers
Tony

bigblue2 18.12.2019 14:15

Re: Want something 3d printed?
 
I have some spare capacity again, but only for a couple of weeks, what do you need? :)

DantesDame 18.12.2019 19:39

Re: Want something 3d printed?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigblue2 (Post 3130890)
I have some spare capacity again, but only for a couple of weeks, what do you need? :)

Well, I'd like a 4cm tall replica of the Basel basilisk, but I don't have any files to go along with this wish....

Guest 18.12.2019 20:02

Re: Want something 3d printed?
 
Can you do new wives and girlfriends ?

bigblue2 30.12.2019 17:14

Re: Want something 3d printed?
 
Quote:

Can you do new wives and girlfriends ?
if you have the files :p

bigblue2 30.12.2019 17:18

Re: Want something 3d printed?
 
another completed project, R2-KT (the pink one) http://www.r2kt.com/

https://i.imgur.com/3eolery.jpg?1

at the swiss priemere of the rise of skywalker, more pics etc in blick etc, all 3d printed

bigblue2 10.02.2020 17:23

Re: Want something 3d printed?
 
did a bit more work on KT over the weekend





busy with commissions at the moment so no free space for large projects, if you have something fairly small I might be able to squeeze you in

Medea Fleecestealer 01.04.2020 08:38

Re: Want something 3d printed?
 
bigblue2, maybe an idea for you.

"Some 1,400 3D-printer owners have pledged to use their machines to help make face shields for the NHS.

Started by palliative-medicine doctor James Coxon, the 3DCrowd UK group is now looking to recruit more volunteers.

It says thousands of its 3D-printed masks have already been made and donated to hospitals, GPs, pharmacies, paramedics and social-care practices."

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52111522

greenmount 01.04.2020 13:06

Re: Want something 3d printed?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Medea Fleecestealer (Post 3165983)
bigblue2, maybe an idea for you.

"Some 1,400 3D-printer owners have pledged to use their machines to help make face shields for the NHS.

Started by palliative-medicine doctor James Coxon, the 3DCrowd UK group is now looking to recruit more volunteers.

It says thousands of its 3D-printed masks have already been made and donated to hospitals, GPs, pharmacies, paramedics and social-care practices."

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52111522


Finally something useful to do with our 3d printer I always thought is wasted money and a source of dust. They've been trying to do the same in CH, glad we would be able to help soon... (I hope)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:39.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0