Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Business & entrepreneur  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24.04.2019, 19:30
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 8
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Diablo has become a little unpopularDiablo has become a little unpopular
successful business in Switzerland

Hello to everybody

Well this is my first post in this forum and I have Inquiry I hope to get answers that help me.
I am a person who will move to Switzerland soon and I want to establish a successful business. I do not care about the cost of the project as much as I am interested in its prosperity in the market I wish from everyone who has experience in successful projects or ideas that advise me.
I also welcome The ambitious youth of commercial partnership.

have a good day.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24.04.2019, 19:35
roegner's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 8,309
Groaned at 294 Times in 241 Posts
Thanked 8,935 Times in 4,523 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: successful business in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Hello to everybody

Well this is my first post in this forum and I have Inquiry I hope to get answers that help me.
I am a person who will move to Switzerland soon and I want to establish a successful business. I do not care about the cost of the project as much as I am interested in its prosperity in the market I wish from everyone who has experience in successful projects or ideas that advise me.
I also welcome The ambitious youth of commercial partnership.

have a good day.
And from which country are you? That may determine the chances of getting a permit?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank roegner for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 24.04.2019, 19:53
grumpygrapefruit's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Zuriwest
Posts: 5,931
Groaned at 36 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 15,222 Times in 3,983 Posts
grumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: successful business in Switzerland

Reading between the lines, it sounds like you are looking for someone with ideas, ambition and drive. But no cash (which is what you have). Is that correct?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24.04.2019, 20:04
AbFab's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 7,266
Groaned at 311 Times in 207 Posts
Thanked 9,601 Times in 3,386 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: successful business in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Hello to everybody

Well this is my first post in this forum and I have Inquiry I hope to get answers that help me.
I am a person who will move to Switzerland soon and I want to establish a successful business. I do not care about the cost of the project as much as I am interested in its prosperity in the market I wish from everyone who has experience in successful projects or ideas that advise me.
I also welcome The ambitious youth of commercial partnership.

have a good day.
Money is no object and you‘d like EF members to hand over their experience so you can enjoy a „successful business“?

Nice first post...
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank AbFab for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 24.04.2019, 22:00
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 8
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Diablo has become a little unpopularDiablo has become a little unpopular
Re: successful business in Switzerland

roegner roegner : Investor from the Gulf


grumpygrapefruit grumpygrapefruit : Which I mean partnership not leadership


AbFab :Yes, I gladly want their experiences.
by the way, You Will be the first guest at the opening of the project.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24.04.2019, 22:58
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 3,975
Groaned at 96 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 4,311 Times in 2,062 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: successful business in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Investor from the Gulf
I'm the owner of very successful business, who is about to retire and I'm looking for someone to buy me out. Would you be interested?

It's a toll business, one of the busy bridges across the Limmat in Zurich. As the bridge was originally built by the city, maintenance costs are very low, so profit margins are high. Unfortunately, my authorisation to collect tolls is limited to 2 Swiss per car, but with 75k cars crossing each day it adds up, I can assure you.

Of course if you are interested I'd need a deposit of a say CHF 100k as a show of good will on your part. Please PM me to know more about this exciting opportunity.
__________________
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." - Nelson Mandela
Reply With Quote
The following 17 users would like to thank Jim2007 for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 25.04.2019, 06:23
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,460
Groaned at 633 Times in 467 Posts
Thanked 15,327 Times in 6,004 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: successful business in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Hello to everybody

Well this is my first post in this forum and I have Inquiry I hope to get answers that help me.
I am a person who will move to Switzerland soon and I want to establish a successful business. I do not care about the cost of the project as much as I am interested in its prosperity in the market I wish from everyone who has experience in successful projects or ideas that advise me.
I also welcome The ambitious youth of commercial partnership.

have a good day.
Quote:
View Post
roegner roegner : Investor from the Gulf


grumpygrapefruit grumpygrapefruit : Which I mean partnership not leadership


AbFab :Yes, I gladly want their experiences.
by the way, You Will be the first guest at the opening of the project.


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 25.04.2019, 07:29
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Misery, but not the SoT one
Posts: 20,112
Groaned at 349 Times in 264 Posts
Thanked 14,630 Times in 8,404 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: successful business in Switzerland

Surprised no one's asked your nationality yet as if you're not Swiss/EU you can't just simply move here anyway. If non-EU then investing in a business here doesn't give you residency rights.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 25.04.2019, 07:46
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,460
Groaned at 633 Times in 467 Posts
Thanked 15,327 Times in 6,004 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: successful business in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Surprised no one's asked your nationality yet as if you're not Swiss/EU you can't just simply move here anyway. If non-EU then investing in a business here doesn't give you residency rights.
Surprised anyone is actually taking posts like this seriously. I mean, come on...
Reply With Quote
The following 8 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 25.04.2019, 08:49
roegner's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 8,309
Groaned at 294 Times in 241 Posts
Thanked 8,935 Times in 4,523 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: successful business in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Surprised no one's asked your nationality yet as if you're not Swiss/EU you can't just simply move here anyway. If non-EU then investing in a business here doesn't give you residency rights.

See post 2
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 25.04.2019, 08:52
StirB's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,205
Groaned at 101 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 5,187 Times in 2,244 Posts
StirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond repute
Re: successful business in Switzerland

Very annoying. I read this and assumed it was Friday...Imagine my disappointment when glancing over at Outlook.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank StirB for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 25.04.2019, 12:35
bigblue2's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Glarus
Posts: 7,714
Groaned at 469 Times in 392 Posts
Thanked 13,290 Times in 5,282 Posts
bigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: successful business in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Money is no object and you‘d like EF members to hand over their experience so you can enjoy a „successful business“?

Nice first post...
LOL he think money is no object but has never experienced swiss prices, anyone with and decent amount of money to invest in anything certainly wouldn't be posting on a random internet forum lol

run along now chap
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 25.04.2019, 12:45
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 3,975
Groaned at 96 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 4,311 Times in 2,062 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: successful business in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
I'm the owner of very successful business, who is about to retire and I'm looking for someone to buy me out. Would you be interested?

It's a toll business, one of the busy bridges across the Limmat in Zurich. As the bridge was originally built by the city, maintenance costs are very low, so profit margins are high. Unfortunately, my authorisation to collect tolls is limited to 2 Swiss per car, but with 75k cars crossing each day it adds up, I can assure you.

Of course if you are interested I'd need a deposit of a say CHF 100k as a show of good will on your part. Please PM me to know more about this exciting opportunity.
Still waiting for my new investor to contact me... very disappointed.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 25.04.2019, 13:57
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 8
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Diablo has become a little unpopularDiablo has become a little unpopular
Re: successful business in Switzerland

Jim2007: Thank you for your courteous response we will be in touch.

My question to some frustrated people of life:
Is this place dedicated to business discussion?!
Because stupidity is prevalent in some people in a remarkable way!

My query was clear: am I talking about business ideas and partnership?
Does this inquiry cause some shock?!

Final advice: Raise your words before you write
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Diablo for this post:
  #15  
Old 25.04.2019, 14:02
roegner's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 8,309
Groaned at 294 Times in 241 Posts
Thanked 8,935 Times in 4,523 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: successful business in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Jim2007: Thank you for your courteous response we will be in touch.

My question to some frustrated people of life:
Is this place dedicated to business discussion?!
Because stupidity is prevalent in some people in a remarkable way!

My query was clear: am I talking about business ideas and partnership?
Does this inquiry cause some shock?!

Final advice: Raise your words before you write

Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank roegner for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 25.04.2019, 14:20
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 8
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Diablo has become a little unpopularDiablo has become a little unpopular
Re: successful business in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Still waiting for my new investor to contact me... very disappointed.
Check your inbox.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 25.04.2019, 14:26
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 3,789
Groaned at 80 Times in 75 Posts
Thanked 7,287 Times in 3,424 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: successful business in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Final advice: Raise your words before you write
Best advice: Good manners clearly cannot be bought.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post:
  #18  
Old 25.04.2019, 14:44
Swiss Cheddar's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Zug
Posts: 2,135
Groaned at 40 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 2,993 Times in 1,218 Posts
Swiss Cheddar has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Cheddar has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Cheddar has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Cheddar has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Cheddar has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Cheddar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: successful business in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
I'm the owner of very successful business, who is about to retire and I'm looking for someone to buy me out. Would you be interested?

It's a toll business, one of the busy bridges across the Limmat in Zurich. As the bridge was originally built by the city, maintenance costs are very low, so profit margins are high. Unfortunately, my authorisation to collect tolls is limited to 2 Swiss per car, but with 75k cars crossing each day it adds up, I can assure you.

Of course if you are interested I'd need a deposit of a say CHF 100k as a show of good will on your part. Please PM me to know more about this exciting opportunity.



I think the OP is the troll that lives under said bridge.


cheers
SC
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 25.04.2019, 14:48
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 8
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Diablo has become a little unpopularDiablo has become a little unpopular
Re: successful business in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Best advice: Good manners clearly cannot be bought.
My Moral in Life is Simple:
You treat me GOOD & I'll Definitely treat you BETTER.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 25.04.2019, 14:54
roegner's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 8,309
Groaned at 294 Times in 241 Posts
Thanked 8,935 Times in 4,523 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: successful business in Switzerland

You give a limited amount of information, you do not answer the question on nationality (which is fairly important if you want to reside in Switzerland), you do not state what exactly you want and now you wonder why you get answers like these above?


And then post it on an internet forum where you have no idea who participates :-)
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank roegner for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any successful person in swiss currently employing? Vajnto Employment 6 21.01.2019 20:44
HIV Vaccine successful in Phase 1 Human trials Chemmie General off-topic 1 17.10.2013 16:45
Switzerland: the most successful country in the world milesaway Swiss politics/news 7 30.06.2013 15:38
Can Swiss be successful in US/UK businesses? Caviarchips Business & entrepreneur 1 21.09.2010 22:27


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0