Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Business & entrepreneur  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10.03.2021, 12:46
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tbilisi
Posts: 141
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 48 Times in 33 Posts
zuercherbirmensdorfer has slipped a little
Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

Hi,
I'm looking at some of the investment options available with Amea Villas (www.ameavillas.com) and Pillar (www.pillar.ch). Do you think these are reliable companies? Their investments typically offer a return of 5-10% p.a. depending on the size and risk of the investment.
Amea is planning on opening 5-star luxury villas in the Lake Maggiore area and Pillar is currently working on acquiring and renovating a building (until 2023) in Schwanenplatz, Lucerne assuming they are able to get a loan that covers about 48% of the building's value.
Best, Paul
Reply With Quote
This user groans at zuercherbirmensdorfer for this post:
  #2  
Old 10.03.2021, 12:50
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

Quote:
View Post
Hi,
I'm looking at some of the investment options available with Amea Villas (www.ameavillas.com) and Pillar (www.pillar.ch). Do you think these are reliable companies? Their investments typically offer a return of 5-10% p.a. depending on the size and risk of the investment.
Best, Paul
I would run away very fast, this yields are a pipe dream, especially after the charges.
Reply With Quote
The following 9 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 10.03.2021, 12:58
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tbilisi
Posts: 141
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 48 Times in 33 Posts
zuercherbirmensdorfer has slipped a little
Re: Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

Quote:
View Post
I would run away very fast, this yields are a pipe dream, especially after the charges.
I'm not entirely convinced by their proposal or T&C's either but I thought 5% would be a reasonable return even in a country like Switzlerand. Do you have a rough estimate of the typical charges of such real estate companies?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10.03.2021, 13:03
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

Quote:
View Post
I'm not entirely convinced by their proposal or T&C's either but I thought 5% would be a reasonable return even in a country like Switzlerand. Do you have a rough estimate of the typical charges of such real estate companies?
5% return from property is unlikely in CH, rents are 1/400 of purchase price so a a net return is likely to be under 2%
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 10.03.2021, 13:10
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tbilisi
Posts: 141
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 48 Times in 33 Posts
zuercherbirmensdorfer has slipped a little
Re: Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

Quote:
View Post
5% return from property is unlikely in CH, rents are 1/400 of purchase price so a a net return is likely to be under 2%
Even for centrally located commercial property in a city like Lucerne? Interesting. Yeah, I see what you mean about rents on Comparis.ch.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10.03.2021, 13:14
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Luzern
Posts: 610
Groaned at 36 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 794 Times in 382 Posts
nejc has a reputation beyond reputenejc has a reputation beyond reputenejc has a reputation beyond reputenejc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

haha, what a terrible stunt:
1. Schwanenplatz, Luzern, not exactly an opportunity to enrich your investment, how to say it, place is already over-saturated. What brilliant new use are they bringing to it? Hotel beside iconic Schweizerhoff? Luxury shope beside even more iconic Bucherer?
2. Amea, where shall I start, not a single original photo of project, where are those photos taken, Spain? South America?
Instagram account is the same, photos from overall Swiss tourist attractions, pool from States, view of Lago Maggiore from public view point
And you don't get any more info till you sign in
OP, are you Nigerian prince too?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank nejc for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 10.03.2021, 13:28
AbFab's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 8,654
Groaned at 383 Times in 263 Posts
Thanked 13,019 Times in 4,450 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

Amea Villas are advertising heavily on facebook, usually a warning sign.

It is essentially a timeshare where you actually pay to build places too...
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank AbFab for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 10.03.2021, 13:31
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tbilisi
Posts: 141
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 48 Times in 33 Posts
zuercherbirmensdorfer has slipped a little
Re: Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

Quote:
View Post
haha, what a terrible stunt:
1. Schwanenplatz, Luzern, not exactly an opportunity to enrich your investment, how to say it, place is already over-saturated. What brilliant new use are they bringing to it? Hotel beside iconic Schweizerhoff? Luxury shope beside even more iconic Bucherer?
2. Amea, where shall I start, not a single original photo of project, where are those photos taken, Spain? South America?
Instagram account is the same, photos from overall Swiss tourist attractions, pool from States, view of Lago Maggiore from public view point
And you don't get any more info till you sign in
OP, are you Nigerian prince too?
Amea looked particularly shaky, I must admit. I thought Pillar may be a bit more plausible. Well, I signed in and that's not a big deal. As soon as I did, I could see more info but more importantly (and a bit suspiciously) I got e-mails from staff saying they'd like to schedule a call with their CFO or CIO this week. What I really didn't like was that the responses from Pillar and Amea were pretty much identical in principle, i.e. welcome, want to schedule call etc. Of course, I told 'em not to schedule anything because I do my own research.
__________________
The secret of life and power is largely this: create the problem and then solve it. Ponder this daily. Limitlessly.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10.03.2021, 13:33
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tbilisi
Posts: 141
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 48 Times in 33 Posts
zuercherbirmensdorfer has slipped a little
Re: Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

Quote:
View Post
Amea Villas are advertising heavily on facebook, usually a warning sign.

It is essentially a timeshare where you actually pay to build places too...
Yeah, that much I understood but that's not necessarily bad.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10.03.2021, 13:36
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

Quote:
View Post
Yeah, that much I understood but that's not necessarily bad.
It is if you are an 'owner', you will end up 'giving' it back as fees will get very high. The promoter will make several millions originally & on an ongoing basis.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10.03.2021, 14:19
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tbilisi
Posts: 141
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 48 Times in 33 Posts
zuercherbirmensdorfer has slipped a little
Re: Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

Quote:
View Post
It is if you are an 'owner', you will end up 'giving' it back as fees will get very high. The promoter will make several millions originally & on an ongoing basis.
So after investing they keep asking for more and raise their fees? Will they ever build and actually rent out those apartments?
I see that they take on very low risk, i.e. mostly organising investors, construction and promoting.

Interesting. I did not expect to see so much scammy stuff in Switzerland.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10.03.2021, 21:42
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SG
Posts: 9,827
Groaned at 548 Times in 399 Posts
Thanked 13,190 Times in 6,846 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

Next time do a search, and at least check the most recent threads. Your question on pillar.ch has already been answered less than a month ago.

No serious company will pay you to invest in them. That's money that must come from somewhere - care to guess where that's taken from? Of course if they intend to fleece you anyway that won't really matter, they'll simply increase the percentage they'll hit everbody with.

Even if they're not a scam, their investment case must be exceptionally unattractive to need that kind of incentive.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11.03.2021, 07:59
AbFab's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 8,654
Groaned at 383 Times in 263 Posts
Thanked 13,019 Times in 4,450 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

Quote:
View Post
So after investing they keep asking for more and raise their fees? Will they ever build and actually rent out those apartments?
I see that they take on very low risk, i.e. mostly organising investors, construction and promoting.

Interesting. I did not expect to see so much scammy stuff in Switzerland.
This not a nanny state! Just about every scam there is, is here.

Even though you said you didn‘t want calls, expect to have your arm over the phone...
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank AbFab for this useful post:
  #14  
Old 11.03.2021, 11:21
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tbilisi
Posts: 141
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 48 Times in 33 Posts
zuercherbirmensdorfer has slipped a little
Re: Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

Quote:
View Post
This not a nanny state! Just about every scam there is, is here.

Even though you said you didn‘t want calls, expect to have your arm over the phone...
It's not a nanny state but a lot of people do expect a higher standard of ethics in Switzerland. Scams can exist anywhere and Switzerland will be no exception but I wasn't expecting to see so many: these aren't the only ones I've come across.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11.03.2021, 11:29
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tbilisi
Posts: 141
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 48 Times in 33 Posts
zuercherbirmensdorfer has slipped a little
Re: Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

Quote:
View Post
No serious company will pay you to invest in them.
What do you mean? Don't all serious companies allow investors to benefit when they succeed (and they do aim to succeed) by way of dividends, increased share value and in some cases interest on bonds?
The scams have no interest in giving anything back to investors, that's true.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11.03.2021, 11:40
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

Quote:
View Post
What do you mean? Don't all serious companies allow investors to benefit when they succeed (and they do aim to succeed) by way of dividends, increased share value and in some cases interest on bonds?
The scams have no interest in giving anything back to investors, that's true.
Could I suggest you invest & report back in 5 years, no point in arguing with lots of old fools on EF.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #17  
Old 11.03.2021, 11:46
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tbilisi
Posts: 141
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 48 Times in 33 Posts
zuercherbirmensdorfer has slipped a little
Re: Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

Quote:
View Post
Could I suggest you invest & report back in 5 years, no point in arguing with lots of old fools on EF.
I wasn't talking about these schemes in that last post: just "serious companies". No, I'm not one of those "old fools" you speak of but I do seek clarity.

Last edited by zuercherbirmensdorfer; 11.03.2021 at 11:57.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11.03.2021, 13:44
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SG
Posts: 9,827
Groaned at 548 Times in 399 Posts
Thanked 13,190 Times in 6,846 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

Quote:
View Post
What do you mean?
What else is a bonus for handing over your money?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11.03.2021, 15:43
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tbilisi
Posts: 141
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 48 Times in 33 Posts
zuercherbirmensdorfer has slipped a little
Re: Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

Quote:
View Post
What else is a bonus for handing over your money?
Serious companies, i.e. those offering genuine services/products, will pay dividends or allow capital appreciation with share value. Of course, scams won't. They'll take as much as they can and vanish or dodge legally.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11.03.2021, 15:51
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Amea Villas and Pillar Real Estate

Quote:
View Post
Serious companies, i.e. those offering genuine services/products, will pay dividends or allow capital appreciation with share value. Of course, scams won't. They'll take as much as they can and vanish or dodge legally.
Companies don't 'allow' capital appreciation of their shares, the price what a willing buyer will pay, totally unconnected with what you paid. Companies may pay a dividend, however the best companies will reinvest most fo there free cash flow at a high rate of return rather than pay it out to share holders. Bad companies may borrow money to pay out dividends & repurchase stock, this can be seen with companies like Shell.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
amea, investment, pillar, real estate




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Real estate in Switzerland...seriously? arrow Housing in general 15 21.09.2014 14:37
I can help you with your Real Estate needs swisscanmom Commercial 0 04.12.2013 20:17
The REAL real estate prices in Geneva Guest Housing in general 0 16.06.2012 15:15
Commercial real estate musli Employment 0 24.02.2011 20:49
Real Estate Gtd1980 Business & entrepreneur 12 25.01.2010 23:10


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0