English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Commercial (https://www.englishforum.ch/commercial/)
-   -   Computer help / repair (https://www.englishforum.ch/commercial/302808-computer-help-repair.html)

nokivoki 21.02.2021 10:18

Computer help / repair
 
Hello guys,

I am computer scientist apprentice in one of private schools in Zürich and decided to offer my services for reasonable price:

Laptop or PC Hardware (Replacement or Upgrade) – 30 CHF + part

SSD upgrade (makes your device +70% faster at booting up the OS & opening applications) – 30 CHF + desired SSD

Operating System Formatting – 30 CHF

Virus Removal (7 days guarantee if reinfected you will have free of charge another virus removal session) – 40 CHF

Complete Tune Up & Repair (virus removal + system upgrade + optimization + updates) – 60 CHF

Those are [b]ALL FLAT RATES[b] it doesn’t matter how much time will take to do a certain job you going to be charged fixed price!

If you are unable to bring your device you can always send it by Post and I will send it to you back [ALL TRANSPORT EXPENSES WILL BE PAID BY THE CUSTOMER]

If you have any other question please reply here or contact me through DM

NOTE: I work privately from home so I can’t do anything onsite! Most devices take 1-2 days to be repaired / upgraded. So, you can choose next day to come back to take your device or I can send it to you by Post

Chuff 21.02.2021 10:21

Re: Computer help / repair
 
Those are very reasonable prices. :)

However I have a question: what happens if during the course of your repair or replacement, through your actions you further damage an expensive device or component? Are you insured against this?

roegner 21.02.2021 10:21

Re: Computer help / repair
 
You are an apprentice you say? How much experience do you have?

nokivoki 21.02.2021 10:24

Re: Computer help / repair
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuff (Post 3278167)
Those are very reasonable prices. :)

However I have a question: what happens if during the course of your repair or replacement, through your actions you further damage an expensive device or component? Are you insured against this?

No, i am not insured for those cases but always have a budget in case something goes wrong (which is very rare if you do your job with precaution and dedication). btw thank your for your pricing feedback

nokivoki 21.02.2021 10:27

Re: Computer help / repair
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by roegner (Post 3278168)
You are an apprentice you say? How much experience do you have?

I have done dozens of laptops (mostly OS formatting and virus removal) but have done some hardware upgrades (which aren´t common). So i´m very confident on my abilities and don´t overpromise!

RTN 22.02.2021 06:50

Re: Computer help / repair
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nokivoki (Post 3278173)
No, i am not insured for those cases but always have a budget in case something goes wrong (which is very rare if you do your job with precaution and dedication). btw thank your for your pricing feedback

IMHO offering services without insurance is a recipe for disaster. As a minimum you need law and personal liability insurance. It doesn't matter about your skill leval, abilities or prices, it's the fact that nowadays people don't buy a product or service, they buy a price. So the more they can get for the lowest price by any means they will try, having these insurances allows you to negotiate fairly because of access to support when there is a disagreement. Chf500 should cover both.

Chuff 22.02.2021 06:54

Re: Computer help / repair
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RTN (Post 3278366)
IMHO offering services without insurance is a recipe for disaster. As a minimum you need law and personal liability insurance. It doesn't matter about your skill leval, abilities or prices, it's the fact that nowadays people don't buy a product or service, they buy a price. So the more they can get for the lowest price by any means they will try, having these insurances allows you to negotiate fairly because of access to support when there is a disagreement. Chf500 should cover both.

Yes, having no insurance is not ideal as if the OP has a mistake with a really expensive device then it will cost him a lot of money to replace. It's rare, but it can happen.

Anyway, good luck OP.

nokivoki 22.02.2021 07:29

Re: Computer help / repair
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RTN (Post 3278366)
IMHO offering services without insurance is a recipe for disaster. As a minimum you need law and personal liability insurance. It doesn't matter about your skill leval, abilities or prices, it's the fact that nowadays people don't buy a product or service, they buy a price. So the more they can get for the lowest price by any means they will try, having these insurances allows you to negotiate fairly because of access to support when there is a disagreement. Chf500 should cover both.

Thanks for your advice. What you've said is true. I will look to make personal liability insurance this week :)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:31.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0