English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Complaints corner (https://www.englishforum.ch/complaints-corner/)
-   -   Smoking on the train platforms.uughh (https://www.englishforum.ch/complaints-corner/105247-smoking-train-platforms-uughh.html)

Samaire13 27.08.2017 12:50

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom1234
Loads of cafes/restaurants and other places have a bowl of water outside for pets to drink from (without charge, I hasten to add).

Maybe someone should tell aresid to make use of that. I mean free water in restaurants IS a basic human (animal??) right...

Guest 27.08.2017 15:26

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belgianmum (Post 2837374)
I'm not a smoker but I do have a cat and I have to say that if I saw a bowl of water outside an apartment building a drinking bowl for a cat wouldn't be the first thing that sprung into my mind.
Why on earth would you need to leave water out for a cat anyway? I've often seen bowls of water for dogs put out for dogs but never for cats.

On the other hand I don't think I would assume it was an ashtray either.


Maybe Omtatsat is............lets say, embellishing the truth a little ;)

omtatsat 27.08.2017 19:44

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
You think cats dont need water when they are outside in the heat.



http://www.petmd.com/cat/centers/nut...k-enough-water
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belgianmum (Post 2837374)
I'm not a smoker but I do have a cat and I have to say that if I saw a bowl of water outside an apartment building a drinking bowl for a cat wouldn't be the first thing that sprung into my mind.
Why on earth would you need to leave water out for a cat anyway? I've often seen bowls of water for dogs put out for dogs but never for cats.

On the other hand I don't think I would assume it was an ashtray either.


Belgianmum 27.08.2017 20:15

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 2837924)
You think cats dont need water when the are outside in the heat.
Get a life!

Read my post again slowly. Nowhere did I say that cats don't need water but a bowl of still water sitting outside an apartment block is really not that helpful. Running water, water fountains or wet cat food are much better than bowls of stagnant water.

If our cat was drinking large amounts of water from a bowl I'd be more concerned about getting it checked out for diabetes or kidney disease.

Guest 28.08.2017 08:49

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 2837924)
You think cats dont need water when they are outside in the heat.



http://www.petmd.com/cat/centers/nut...k-enough-water

Cats my dear boy, will find water if and when the want it from wherever

omtatsat 28.08.2017 16:43

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
The discussion is anyhow about dirty smokers with no respect .
Quote:

Cats my dear boy, will find water if and when the want it from wherever

omtatsat 09.09.2017 15:24

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
And bad news for non smokers-3000 non smokers die yearly in Germany due to smokers fumes. So smokers are murderers in a way


https://www.bluewin.ch/de/news/ausla...hverboten.html

Patsycat 09.09.2017 22:10

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Well, they must be stupid people with inconsiderate smoking friends, or they are on a suicide mission!! Or, maybe just maybe, they got a disease that can be associated to passive smoking.

Would you like my details so you can get me arrested? The cops with cigs hanging out of their mouths would probably arrest you for wasting their time!!

Enjoy life in your completely sterile bubble!! Sorry, no beer and only organic foods. Nothing else. No telly, books, sex. Fun.

curley 09.09.2017 22:49

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patsycat (Post 2844416)
Well, they must be stupid people with inconsiderate smoking friends, or they are on a suicide mission!! Or, maybe just maybe, they got a disease that can be associated to passive smoking.

Would you like my details so you can get me arrested? The cops with cigs hanging out of their mouths would probably arrest you for wasting their time!!

Enjoy life in your completely sterile bubble!! Sorry, no beer and only organic foods. Nothing else. No telly, books, sex. Fun.

If those buggers wouldn't always follow us to the smoker zones they would live for ever. Oh, hang on, do gastic ulcers kill?
Sex? :rofl: Did you ever imagine the things they probably complain about during sex?

Tom1234 09.09.2017 23:04

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patsycat (Post 2844416)
Well, they must be stupid people with inconsiderate smoking friends, or they are on a suicide mission!! Or, maybe just maybe, they got a disease that can be associated to passive smoking.

.

Or maybe they are restaurant or bar staff in one-room places in Germany that do, or did, allow smoking?


Or maybe they are children whose parents smoke at home or in the car?

You and Curley can carry on with your little jokes now....

omtatsat 10.09.2017 06:59

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
I think we all know who are the stupid inconsiderate ones

Tony82s 14.09.2017 00:34

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 2844466)
I think we all know who are the stupid inconsiderate ones

The ones that drag hard as if their life depended on it multiple times, flick the butt and walk inside the train and proceed to exhale out. If it was only legal to dragon punch people for such.

Guest 02.11.2017 09:15

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
http://www.20min.ch/schweiz/news/sto...oefen-24411536

SBB trialing smoke-free railway platforms.

Interesting that the overwhelming majority of the poll supports the smoke-free option...

Samaire13 02.11.2017 11:49

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:


Interesting that the overwhelming majority of the poll supports the smoke-free option...
Needless to say it's not a representative vote, but I don't find this interesting as in surprising at all. Despite the comparably high number of smokers in Switzerland, many were in favor of a smoking ban in restaurants (and just as many non-smokers were against it) and will be in favor of this. Just because someone smokes doesn't mean they want to smoke everywhere and any time and/or are utterly ignorant, unaware and selfish. Despite what some people on EF and in RL might say.

Guest 02.11.2017 11:55

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samaire13 (Post 2868683)
Needless to say it's not a representative vote, but I don't find this interesting as in surprising at all. Despite the comparably high number of smokers in Switzerland, many were in favor of a smoking ban in restaurants (and just as many non-smokers were against it) and will be in favor of this. Just because someone smokes doesn't mean they want to smoke everywhere and any time and/or are utterly ignorant, unaware and selfish. Despite what some people on EF and in RL might say.

Sorry, forgot the tongue-in-cheek emoji... :)

Samaire13 02.11.2017 11:56

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Sorry, forgot the tongue-in-cheek emoji... :)
Hehe ;)

Fish Paste 02.11.2017 12:20

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samaire13 (Post 2868683)
Just because someone smokes doesn't mean they want to smoke everywhere and any time and/or are utterly ignorant, unaware and selfish.

But usually they are.

My commute has recently changed and now I am taking the train, and Basel SBB is a disgusting place to have to use.
I really cannot see why smoking is allowed is such an enclosed public place.

Blueangel 02.11.2017 12:35

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
2 November 2017 09:35 CET+01:00
Quote:

Swiss Federal Railways, SBB, is said to be planning to outlaw smoking at five stations in Switzerland from next month.

...Quoting an SBB internal paper, NZZ said the one-year test phase would begin in December.

Basel, Nyon and Zurich Stadelhofen would become completely smoke-free, it said.


Bellinzona station would be smoke-free except for three platforms with two smoking zones each, and Neuchâtel would ban smoking but provide a smokers’ lounge.
https://www.thelocal.ch/20171102/sbb...an-in-stations

Guest 02.11.2017 12:46

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
It kind of begs the question; will it create a little huddle of smokers at the entrances to the railway stations, having a last puff before they go to the platform?

A concentrated fug around the top of the staircase or by the Brezelkönig stand sounds even worse than a dozen smokers spread out along a 300 metre platform.

Blueangel 02.11.2017 13:11

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
I was surprised smoking is allowed at Basel SBB. I've always seen a huddle of smokers outside that station.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:41.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0