English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Complaints corner (https://www.englishforum.ch/complaints-corner/)
-   -   Smoking on the train platforms.uughh (https://www.englishforum.ch/complaints-corner/105247-smoking-train-platforms-uughh.html)

DantesDame 24.08.2018 20:26

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 2983777)
Well it finally rained hard around my area and all these buttheads were washed into the drain. Good riddance butthead

And right into the nearest gutter/river.... Out of sight, out of mind, right? :rolleyes:

DantesDame 24.08.2018 20:27

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlie (Post 2983888)
One guy threw his onto the floor and stomped on it. They made him pick it up and put it in the ashtray.

Well done CFF!

I'm not sure if it is only BS, BL, or all of CH, but it is an 80CHF fine for tossing your butts on the ground in BS at least. Now there's easy picking's to increase revenue :msngrin:

omtatsat 24.08.2018 21:39

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DantesDame (Post 2984247)
And right into the nearest gutter/river.... Out of sight, out of mind, right? :rolleyes:

Gutters don't go into rivers in ZŁrich.( at least one hopes so ) And yes its nice to see all this shit that smokers put out removed from the streets. Until the next thoughtless smoker throws another butt on the street. And just another example of what a shithole the city would become if no one cleaned and if nature did not help eliminate the waste!


https://telebasel.ch/2018/04/20/80-f...tte-wegwerfen/

Sorry its in German.



"Anyone throwing a cigarette butt on the floor in Basel will be asked to pay. From May waste sinners will be billed with 80 francs."

Thank you Basel. They should make these sinners lick the ground!!

omtatsat 31.08.2018 20:25

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfXgmHihfWk

bowlie 01.09.2018 20:45

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DantesDame (Post 2984248)
I'm not sure if it is only BS, BL, or all of CH, but it is an 80CHF fine for tossing your butts on the ground in BS at least. Now there's easy picking's to increase revenue :msngrin:

Yes. But rent-a-cops canít fine anybody. I doubt that they have the authority to tell the addict to pick up his butt either, but they outweighed him by an order of magnitude.

omtatsat 02.09.2018 06:49

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlie (Post 2987251)
Yes. But rent-a-cops canít fine anybody. I doubt that they have the authority to tell the addict to pick up his butt either, but they outweighed him by an order of magnitude.

The buttheads will never learn!

DantesDame 02.09.2018 11:31

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
I was walking home from the store the other day, following at a distance a young couple. They were probably almost a full block ahead of me, but I could still smell her cigarette. I crossed the street in an attempt to avoid walking in her stench, and it worked for a while. But as I slowly caught up to them, they also crossed the street, now just a few meters in front of me. She crushed out her cigarette and dropped it on the sidewalk without a thought. I loudly said "80 Francs" but they didn't bother to notice me. I ended up following them home, learning that they are part of the new residents* in the recently renovated building next to mine.

On Monday evening, a little excerpt from the local paper announcing the 80 CHF fine will be posted on the building's door.....



* I highly disapprove of just about everyone that has moved into the building so far: the smokers, the people with the yappy little dog, the people on the 3rd floor who have a cat on the balcony without a cat net...

bowlie 02.09.2018 12:24

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Perhaps if the authorities offered to split the fine with witnesses (providing a phone video) it would be more effective.

omtatsat 02.09.2018 14:09

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DantesDame (Post 2987330)
I was walking home from the store the other day, following at a distance a young couple. They were probably almost a full block ahead of me, but I could still smell her cigarette. I crossed the street in an attempt to avoid walking in her stench, and it worked for a while. But as I slowly caught up to them, they also crossed the street, now just a few meters in front of me. She crushed out her cigarette and dropped it on the sidewalk without a thought. I loudly said "80 Francs" but they didn't bother to notice me. I ended up following them home, learning that they are part of the new residents* in the recently renovated building next to mine.

On Monday evening, a little excerpt from the local paper announcing the 80 CHF fine will be posted on the building's door.....



* I highly disapprove of just about everyone that has moved into the building so far: the smokers, the people with the yappy little dog, the people on the 3rd floor who have a cat on the balcony without a cat net...

Wow. You know stalking. Is an offence

DantesDame 02.09.2018 14:53

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 2987377)
Wow. You know stalking. Is an offence

So is. An overuse. Of Periods.

(you'll notice that I mentioned that they live in the building next to me. Hardly "stalking") :msnsarcastic:

omtatsat 02.09.2018 16:41

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DantesDame (Post 2987392)
So is. An overuse. Of Periods.

(you'll notice that I mentioned that they live in the building next to me. Hardly "stalking") :msnsarcastic:

You are right. Women don't usually stalk:)

Urs Max 02.09.2018 23:25

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DantesDame (Post 2987330)
On Monday evening, a little excerpt from the local paper announcing the 80 CHF fine will be posted on the building's door.....

You've definitely arrived. High time to buy yellow post-it's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DantesDame (Post 2987330)
* I highly disapprove of just about everyone that has moved into the building so far: the smokers, the people with the yappy little dog, the people on the 3rd floor who have a cat on the balcony without a cat net...

Don't worry, we're all getting older.

omtatsat 03.09.2018 15:17

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
1 Attachment(s)
Our Swiss " clean " bustop. See the rubbish bin a few metres away.:msnmad:. Thats always the cleanest spot!

Attachment 134281

Samaire13 03.09.2018 16:57

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
You mean the three butts and the one tissue?

Oh boy yes, total shocker, a true garbage dump this is.

You've definitely been in Switzerland too long if you think THIS is "dirty".

Quote:

Originally Posted by DantesDame (Post 2987330)
I ended up following them home, learning that they are part of the new residents* in the recently renovated building next to mine.
(...)

* I highly disapprove of just about everyone that has moved into the building so far: the smokers, the people with the yappy little dog, the people on the 3rd floor who have a cat on the balcony without a cat net...

WTF.

greenmount 03.09.2018 17:59

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samaire13 (Post 2987853)
You mean the three butts and the one tissue?

Oh boy yes, total shocker, a true garbage dump this is.

You've definitely been in Switzerland too long if you think THIS is "dirty".



WTF.


You don't understand. Switzerland is NOT a real country. It's a myth we live in. In our heads. :msnblush:
We're exigent and unforgiving....

Samaire13 03.09.2018 18:07

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenmount (Post 2987873)
You don't understand. Switzerland is NOT a real country. It's a myth we live in. In our heads. :msnblush:
We're exigent and unforgiving....

Oops my bad, I forgot it's essentially Narnia... :p

greenmount 03.09.2018 18:25

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samaire13 (Post 2987879)
Oops my bad, I forgot it's essentially Narnia... :p

In Narnia every corner of the street is spotless and you can eat your lunch straight from the pavement. Neighbours are suave creatures never to be seen or heard. Cow bells collide in the rhythm of Vivaldi's Seasons....:msnblush:

Tom1234 03.09.2018 19:32

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samaire13 (Post 2987879)
Oops my bad, I forgot it's essentially Narnia... :p

Who's the witch?

Samaire13 03.09.2018 20:00

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenmount (Post 2987889)
In Narnia every corner of the street is spotless and you can eat your lunch straight from the pavement. Neighbours are suave creatures never to be seen or heard. Cow bells collide in the rhythm of Vivaldi's Seasons....:msnblush:

Cow bells in the rhythm of Vivaldi's Seasons :rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom1234 (Post 2987905)
Who's the witch?

In your mind that's probably me :D

greenmount 04.09.2018 09:12

Re: Smoking on the train platforms.uughh
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samaire13 (Post 2987917)
Cow bells in the rhythm of Vivaldi's Seasons :rofl:

Church bells would have been more plausible, but I didn't want to open yet another Pandora's box - how the "locals" live their lives according to churchy customs and there are no open shops on Sundays... :msnblush:


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0