Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 14.02.2011, 15:54
porsch1909
 
Posts: n/a
Sometimes I really hate people :mad:

So one of the people in our building sends an email around about setting up a lunch with a doodle attached. I sign up to the doodle and that's that.

Then some other person in my office forwards the email to a visiting PhD student in my office and asks if he wants to come.

Today comes around and we get an email saying we are going to some Chinese Buffet place. I automatically say no I'm not going there. I'm trying to watch what I eat and I can't eat the chicken or meat because of religious reasons. Also the buffet is 25CHF. I know that's normal for a buffet in Switzerland but it's about 15CHF more than I like to spend on lunch.

So the girl in the office asks if I'm going and I say no, I'm trying to watch what I eat. Then she starts shouting at me about why I signed up for the doodle if I wasn't going to go. I obviously wasn't aware that signing up to a doodle is a legal contract. Then she goes on about how she has French lessons tomorrow and then the visiting guy will have to go alone. Really not my problem since she's the one who invited him

Then the visiting guy comes in the office and she says to hi, 'The lunch is tomorrow and porsch1909 (yes that's my real name...my parents had a sick sense of humor) will go with you.'

I'm gobsmacked and say 'Yeh sure whatever I will go.'

I'm just too nice of a person, as anyone who has met me will attest too


Thread is now open for LiB to troll


Edit: http://www.doodle.com/ for the older people on EF.

Last edited by porsch1909; 14.02.2011 at 16:17.
Reply With Quote
The following 12 users would like to thank for this useful post:
This user groans at for this post:
  #2  
Old 14.02.2011, 16:05
Ittigen
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Sometimes I really hate people :mad:

Take the Newbie to Migros. Then they won't ask you again.
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 14.02.2011, 16:07
economisto
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Sometimes I really hate people :mad:

wtf is a doodle?
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 14.02.2011, 16:08
porsch1909
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Sometimes I really hate people :mad:

Quote:
View Post
wtf is a doodle?
http://www.doodle.com/

You choose a few dates and forward the link to all the people and they choose which dates are suitable.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 14.02.2011, 16:10
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,491
Groaned at 655 Times in 417 Posts
Thanked 16,388 Times in 6,379 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sometimes I really hate people :mad:

Quote:
View Post
wtf is a doodle?
...yodeling for dudes I'd assume.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank lost_inbroad for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 14.02.2011, 16:11
mimi1981's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London, previously Basel
Posts: 3,773
Groaned at 21 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 5,792 Times in 2,173 Posts
mimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond reputemimi1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sometimes I really hate people :mad:

Quote:
View Post
So one of the people in our building sends an email around about setting up a lunch with a doodle attached. I sign up to the doodle and that's that.

Then some other person in my office forwards the email to a visiting PhD student in my office and asks if he wants to come.

Today comes around and we get an email saying we are going to some Chinese Buffet place. I automatically say no I'm not going there. I'm trying to watch what I eat and I can't eat the chicken or meat because of religious reasons. Also the buffet is 25CHF. I know that's normal for a buffet in Switzerland but it's about 15CHF more than I like to spend on lunch.

So the girl in the office asks if I'm going and I say no, I'm trying to watch what I eat. Then she starts shouting at me about why I signed up for the doodle if I wasn't going to go. I obviously wasn't aware that signing up to a doodle is a legal contract. Then she goes on about how she has French lessons tomorrow and then the visiting guy will have to go alone. Really not my problem since she's the one who invited him

Then the visiting guy comes in the office and she says to hi, 'The lunch is tomorrow and porsch1909 (yes that's my real name...my parents had a sick sense of humor) will go with you.'

I'm gobsmacked and say 'Yeh sure whatever I will go.'

I'm just too nice of a person, as anyone who has met me will attest too


Thread is now open for LiB/mimi to troll
Fixed that for ya....

Did someone not get any Valentine's cards

Seriously though, that would cheese me off too. Hope you de-stress soon Porsch
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank mimi1981 for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 14.02.2011, 16:12
Ouchboy's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Baden
Posts: 3,345
Groaned at 67 Times in 54 Posts
Thanked 5,739 Times in 2,182 Posts
Ouchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sometimes I really hate people :mad:

are u mad because LiB didn't give you a gift for valentine's day???
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank Ouchboy for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 14.02.2011, 16:12
miss_bean's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 525
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 464 Times in 224 Posts
miss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputation
Re: Sometimes I really hate people :mad:

Anger Management
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank miss_bean for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 14.02.2011, 16:14
Castro's Avatar
la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZG
Posts: 5,729
Groaned at 126 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 17,260 Times in 5,479 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sometimes I really hate people :mad:

What is a doodle is that like a facepage or something?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Castro for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 14.02.2011, 16:15
Ouchboy's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Baden
Posts: 3,345
Groaned at 67 Times in 54 Posts
Thanked 5,739 Times in 2,182 Posts
Ouchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sometimes I really hate people :mad:

Quote:
View Post
What is a doodle is that like a facepage or something?
It's a google thing where you propose a date/hour and people vote /comment. It sums up the votes at the end.

http://www.doodle.com/
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 14.02.2011, 16:16
porsch1909
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Sometimes I really hate people :mad:

I get I may sound a bit mad here. But it's actually really hard for me to not give in to temptation as far as food goes.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 14.02.2011, 16:17
porsch1909
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Sometimes I really hate people :mad:

Quote:
View Post
http://www.doodle.com/

You choose a few dates and forward the link to all the people and they choose which dates are suitable.
Quote:
View Post
What is a doodle is that like a facepage or something?
They are really quite useful when they aren't used to screw you over
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 14.02.2011, 16:17
Joey82's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Belgium, formerly Frick AG
Posts: 1,703
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 1,414 Times in 795 Posts
Joey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sometimes I really hate people :mad:

If only you could red blob your co workers ej.. does doodle allow that?
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Joey82 for this useful post:
  #14  
Old 14.02.2011, 16:19
porsch1909
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Sometimes I really hate people :mad:

Quote:
View Post
Fixed that for ya....

Did someone not get any Valentine's cards

Seriously though, that would cheese me off too. Hope you de-stress soon Porsch
LiB says it's in the post....
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #15  
Old 14.02.2011, 16:23
economisto
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Sometimes I really hate people :mad:

Quote:
View Post
http://www.doodle.com/

You choose a few dates and forward the link to all the people and they choose which dates are suitable.
um...yeah...serves you right then. If people send me anything to do with twitter, Facebook, Myspace, photo attachments, a joke, or anything weird I just reply with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject title. A lesson for you then.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 14.02.2011, 16:26
porsch1909
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Sometimes I really hate people :mad:

Quote:
View Post
um...yeah...serves you right then. If people send me anything to do with twitter, Facebook, Myspace, photo attachments, a joke, or anything weird I just reply with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject title. A lesson for you then.
I like to socialise. I thought at the worst it would be a crepe. I'd get one with tuna or something and minimal damage to my stomach and to my wallet
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #17  
Old 14.02.2011, 16:28
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Monaco
Posts: 514
Groaned at 61 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 658 Times in 281 Posts
scrambled has a reputation beyond reputescrambled has a reputation beyond reputescrambled has a reputation beyond reputescrambled has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sometimes I really hate people :mad:

when you think about it, 25 chf for lunch is pretty crazy but you just get so used to it that it seems normal after a while.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank scrambled for this useful post:
  #18  
Old 14.02.2011, 16:31
miss_bean's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 525
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 464 Times in 224 Posts
miss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputation
Re: Sometimes I really hate people :mad:

Quote:
View Post
Then she starts shouting at me about why I signed up for the doodle if I wasn't going to go.
Quote:
View Post
I get I may sound a bit mad here. But it's actually really hard for me to not give in to temptation as far as food goes.
Forward the Anger management link to her

Last edited by miss_bean; 14.02.2011 at 16:44.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank miss_bean for this useful post:
  #19  
Old 14.02.2011, 16:38
economisto
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Sometimes I really hate people :mad:

Quote:
View Post
I like to socialise. I thought at the worst it would be a crepe. I'd get one with tuna or something and minimal damage to my stomach and to my wallet
Yeah man well it's not the lunch's fault and it's not your fault. It's the stupid ba%$ch's fault. Now go give her a piece of your mind.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #20  
Old 14.02.2011, 16:40
the_clangers's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO was St Prex, VD
Posts: 1,999
Groaned at 17 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 1,185 Times in 697 Posts
the_clangers has a reputation beyond reputethe_clangers has a reputation beyond reputethe_clangers has a reputation beyond reputethe_clangers has a reputation beyond reputethe_clangers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sometimes I really hate people :mad:



This is why I don't doodle in public.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mimi smells, porsch1909 hates people, porsch1909 is mad




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why do people hate the UK ? Mikers International affairs/politics 458 07.10.2012 00:23
Why do so many people hate Michael Moore? Hugh Osborne International affairs/politics 64 31.05.2010 21:59
I hate it when people are late sygirl101 Complaints corner 69 14.11.2009 11:59
What do you do when you get really mad ... ? ? ? Sada General off-topic 133 25.03.2009 09:47
I really hate when Swiss people talk in German in front of me... Tweener Complaints corner 108 03.10.2008 14:54


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0