Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05.04.2011, 17:58
Fei Fei is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 98
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Fei has made some interesting contributions
Lousy IKEA delivery

They said they will deliver our stuff this afternoon between 2pm-6pm

I've been sitting my ass down here for the whole afternoon waiting for them. Can't even do shopping for dinner !

Now it is 6pm and they didn't show up. Not a single word came in my mobile.

So I called. They said they will be here in one hour !

What are those people doing !!!!!

Last edited by Fei; 05.04.2011 at 18:06. Reason: I called. not them.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05.04.2011, 18:02
seyon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Olten
Posts: 471
Groaned at 15 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 128 Times in 74 Posts
seyon is considered knowledgeableseyon is considered knowledgeableseyon is considered knowledgeable
Re: Lousy IKEA delivery

so, did they call or not?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05.04.2011, 18:06
Fei Fei is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 98
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Fei has made some interesting contributions
Re: Lousy IKEA delivery

Quote:
View Post
so, did they call or not?
They didn't call me. I called them at last.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05.04.2011, 18:12
seyon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Olten
Posts: 471
Groaned at 15 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 128 Times in 74 Posts
seyon is considered knowledgeableseyon is considered knowledgeableseyon is considered knowledgeable
Re: Lousy IKEA delivery

hope they do not forget the matress for tonight!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05.04.2011, 18:22
Leni's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sunny Solothurn
Posts: 942
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 765 Times in 406 Posts
Leni has a reputation beyond reputeLeni has a reputation beyond reputeLeni has a reputation beyond reputeLeni has a reputation beyond reputeLeni has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lousy IKEA delivery

Oh dear! Poor you!!

Kept seeing the title of this thread and wondering who Louise Ikea was.......!?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05.04.2011, 18:22
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Lousy IKEA delivery

Delivery is a bit hit and miss, I've found. I was told we would have some stuff delivered by Möbel Pfister "after 14H" so I arrived home from work at 1345 to see the Möbel Pfister van driving off from the front of our apartment as I walked round the corner.

Rang the depot to find out what they were playing at but the guy said they had filled in a chit to say I was out when they called at 14H. Ran out of German-punchy argument at that point so the hubby had to call them.

They delivered the next morning at 8am.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05.04.2011, 18:24
Fei Fei is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 98
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Fei has made some interesting contributions
Re: Lousy IKEA delivery

Quote:
Delivery is a bit hit and miss, I've found. I was told we would have some stuff delivered by Möbel Pfister "after 14H" so I arrived home from work at 1345 to see the Möbel Pfister van driving off from the front of our apartment as I walked round the corner.

Rang the depot to find out what they were playing at but the guy said they had filled in a chit to say I was out when they called at 14H. Ran out of German-punchy argument at that point so the hubby had to call them.

They delivered the next morning at 8am.
Thanks dear, you are making me feel better...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05.04.2011, 18:31
seyon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Olten
Posts: 471
Groaned at 15 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 128 Times in 74 Posts
seyon is considered knowledgeableseyon is considered knowledgeableseyon is considered knowledgeable
Re: Lousy IKEA delivery

I have to say ikea was great for me. They call me 2 days before the desire date of delivery. And confirm that day in the morning they will deliver. Then, that day they call me on their way, 30min before arriving. And there they were! I coudn't believe it!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05.04.2011, 18:35
Fei Fei is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 98
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Fei has made some interesting contributions
Re: Lousy IKEA delivery

Quote:
View Post
I have to say ikea was great for me. They call me 2 days before the desire date of delivery. And confirm that day in the morning they will deliver. Then, that day they call me on their way, 30min before arriving. And there they were! I coudn't believe it!
Lucky you!


Last night when we were at the delivery-service counter, things was not right already.

The stuff at the counter was super slow, and not familiar with their system at all. But he was busy with making jokes with his fellas.They all speak French.

We waited for 20 mins. Then it took us another 20 mins to have our request made.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05.04.2011, 18:36
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 12,361
Groaned at 338 Times in 274 Posts
Thanked 26,263 Times in 11,000 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lousy IKEA delivery

I lived in the Niederdorf for a while. The street I lived on had limited vehicle access times as it is a pedestrian friendly shopping street. I told IKEA that and they said, no problem, they would take it into account. I also asked them if they knew where the street was and they said yes.

Then on the agreed day they didn't turn up. I phoned to ask what was up and they said my street didn't exist as they couldn't find it on their TomTom. The lady asked me, could it be that it's a new street, maybe it's too new to be in the system. I cynically replied that the house had been here since the 15th Century and the street was probably a bit older than that but obviously not as old as IKEA's TomTom. The lady failed to spot the cynicsm and said, that would be the problem then, I should have told them it was a new street but that they were downloading new software. I told her that I had explained exactly where it was and really almost lost my patience.

At the next attempt they again failed to deliver. When I called it was because they had tried to deliver at a time that vehicular access was restricted and they hadn't been able to drive into the street. Again, I told the lady that I had explained that to them and she replied that it was only written on her copy but not on the driver's. I wondered whose fault that might be.

The next time they came they did find the house but they had the wrong stuff. That's when I started trying to cancel my order but IKEA insisted that they can only take stuff back after it's been delivered as they cannot delete it from the system.

That day IKEA lost a customer for life.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05.04.2011, 18:41
Fei Fei is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 98
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Fei has made some interesting contributions
Re: Lousy IKEA delivery

Quote:
View Post
I lived in the Niederdorf for a while. The street I lived on had limited vehicle access times as it is a pedestrian friendly shopping street. I told IKEA that and they said, no problem, they would take it into account. I also asked them if they knew where the street was and they said yes.

Then on the agreed day they didn't turn up. I phoned to ask what was up and they said my street didn't exist as they couldn't find it on their TomTom. The lady asked me, could it be that it's a new street, maybe it's too new to be in the system. I cynically replied that the house had been here since the 15th Century and the street was probably a bit older than that but obviously not as old as IKEA's TomTom. The lady failed to spot the cynicsm and said, that would be the problem then, I should have told them it was a new street but that they were downloading new software. I told her that I had explained exactly where it was and really almost lost my patience.

At the next attempt they again failed to deliver. When I called it was because they had tried to deliver at a time that vehicular access was restricted and they hadn't been able to drive into the street. Again, I told the lady that I had explained that to them and she replied that it was only written on her copy but not on the driver's. I wondered whose fault that might be.

The next time they came they did find the house but they had the wrong stuff. That's when I started trying to cancel my order but IKEA insisted that they can only take stuff back after it's been delivered as they cannot delete it from the system.

That day IKEA lost a customer for life.

Poor you. IKEA might think they did you a favor as they didn't charge you for 3 times for the deliveries they made.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05.04.2011, 18:58
Fei Fei is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 98
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Fei has made some interesting contributions
Re: Lousy IKEA delivery

Quote:
View Post
They said they will deliver our stuff this afternoon between 2pm-6pm

I've been sitting my ass down here for the whole afternoon waiting for them. Can't even do shopping for dinner !

Now it is 6pm and they didn't show up. Not a single word came in my mobile.

So I called. They said they will be here in one hour !

What are those people doing !!!!!
7pm, hasn't showed up yet !

Tonight we have a good reason to eat out ! IKEA Should pay for it !
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05.04.2011, 19:14
Fei Fei is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 98
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Fei has made some interesting contributions
Re: Lousy IKEA delivery

Quote:
View Post
they said they will deliver our stuff this afternoon between 2pm-6pm

i've been sitting my ass down here for the whole afternoon waiting for them. Can't even do shopping for dinner !

Now it is 6pm and they didn't show up. Not a single word came in my mobile.

So i called. They said they will be here in one hour !

What are those people doing !!!!!


finally! Delivered !
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Fei for this useful post:
  #14  
Old 05.04.2011, 19:15
Fei Fei is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 98
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Fei has made some interesting contributions
Re: Lousy IKEA delivery

I noticed that the time in EF hasn't been changed into summer time
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05.04.2011, 19:36
seyon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Olten
Posts: 471
Groaned at 15 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 128 Times in 74 Posts
seyon is considered knowledgeableseyon is considered knowledgeableseyon is considered knowledgeable
Re: Lousy IKEA delivery

Now we will not heard from Fei in a long long time...he will be busy I guess
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05.04.2011, 21:45
Fei Fei is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 98
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Fei has made some interesting contributions
Re: Lousy IKEA delivery

Quote:
View Post
Now we will not heard from Fei in a long long time...he will be busy I guess
Hello~~~Im here~~~~
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05.04.2011, 21:52
seyon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Olten
Posts: 471
Groaned at 15 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 128 Times in 74 Posts
seyon is considered knowledgeableseyon is considered knowledgeableseyon is considered knowledgeable
Re: Lousy IKEA delivery

Quote:
View Post
Hello~~~Im here~~~~
what did you bought at IKEA? cushionss??
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05.04.2011, 22:01
Fei Fei is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 98
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Fei has made some interesting contributions
Re: Lousy IKEA delivery

Quote:
View Post
what did you bought at IKEA? cushionss??
not one cushion but two.


Actually it was a wardrobe
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05.04.2011, 22:18
summerrain's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 4,350
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 985 Times in 325 Posts
summerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lousy IKEA delivery

Quote:
They delivered the next morning at 8am.
At least they delivered it at 8am.

Pfister rang our door bell at 6.45am, bloody [insert foulest swear word here] - and the furniture wasnt even meant for us but my dear neighbour upstairs who arranged for a 7am delivery.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 13.04.2011, 16:48
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,970
Groaned at 2,032 Times in 1,120 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Lousy IKEA delivery

better to order in bulk and then rent a van from ikea to deliver it. much cheaper
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ikea delivery




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ikea delivery or warentaxi? owls_79 Housing in general 26 28.06.2013 13:15
IKEA delivery times seyon Housing in general 0 11.02.2011 15:32


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0