Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #721  
Old 10.12.2014, 14:43
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 10,737
Groaned at 360 Times in 294 Posts
Thanked 19,403 Times in 7,402 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss rip-offs

Another example of terrible Swiss customer service:
Last week I bought a Bosch Multi-tool and a scrape attachment in order to remove the carpet residue left on the tiles in the toilet. (139chf from Migros). I almost finished the job last night and it packed up (perhaps 8 of 200 tiles left to do). I took it back into Migros and explained it stopped on me.

Do you know what they did?

They only went a gave me a full refund - not insistence on buying a new one.

Don't they know there is an online forum that needs complaints posted in??

So I bought a 115mm angle grinder, with sander attachment and 24grit sand paper instead - which is what I now need for the next stage of th renovation
__________________
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank dodgyken for this useful post:
  #722  
Old 10.12.2014, 14:47
Jern's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bern
Posts: 907
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 1,091 Times in 470 Posts
Jern has a reputation beyond reputeJern has a reputation beyond reputeJern has a reputation beyond reputeJern has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss rip-offs

Quote:
View Post
Last week I bought a Bosch Multi-tool and a scrape attachment in order to remove the carpet residue left on the tiles in the toilet.
This is dangerous work. You should have called in a Teppichrestentfernungsspezialist(in).
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Jern for this useful post:
  #723  
Old 10.12.2014, 14:52
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Formerly in Neuchatel
Posts: 2,573
Groaned at 224 Times in 155 Posts
Thanked 4,496 Times in 1,745 Posts
porsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss rip-offs

Quote:
View Post
Another example of terrible Swiss customer service:
Last week I bought a Bosch Multi-tool and a scrape attachment in order to remove the carpet residue left on the tiles in the toilet. (139chf from Migros). I almost finished the job last night and it packed up (perhaps 8 of 200 tiles left to do). I took it back into Migros and explained it stopped on me.

Do you know what they did?

They only went a gave me a full refund - not insistence on buying a new one.

Don't they know there is an online forum that needs complaints posted in??

So I bought a 115mm angle grinder, with sander attachment and 24grit sand paper instead - which is what I now need for the next stage of th renovation
I love how your version of good customer service is what is expected of a shop.
Reply With Quote
  #724  
Old 10.12.2014, 14:55
noipv4's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: lugano
Posts: 185
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 66 Times in 48 Posts
noipv4 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Swiss rip-offs

Quote:
View Post
Another example of terrible Swiss customer service:
Last week I bought a Bosch Multi-tool and a scrape attachment in order to remove the carpet residue left on the tiles in the toilet. (139chf from Migros). I almost finished the job last night and it packed up (perhaps 8 of 200 tiles left to do). I took it back into Migros and explained it stopped on me.

Do you know what they did?

They only went a gave me a full refund - not insistence on buying a new one.

Don't they know there is an online forum that needs complaints posted in??

So I bought a 115mm angle grinder, with sander attachment and 24grit sand paper instead - which is what I now need for the next stage of th renovation
Aforementioned would be a non-event at home-depot, lowe's, costco, walmart, etc..
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank noipv4 for this useful post:
  #725  
Old 10.12.2014, 14:55
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 10,737
Groaned at 360 Times in 294 Posts
Thanked 19,403 Times in 7,402 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss rip-offs

Quote:
View Post
This is dangerous work.
Indeed it is.

It started off as a quick "lift the carpet and lay laminate (looks like big slate tiles)."

Then it became "oh cock, the door rubs, I'll scrape off the stuck foam backing"

Then "oh cock, is still rubs, let me just manually scrape off the foam for 2 hours, and it just about works, hmm but don't the tiles look quite nice.

To "I'll get an electric scraper to get the worst off, quick sand and then reseal"

To "Hmm, the tiles look really nice if I sand them right back, I'll do the whole floor."

So far I have invested 7 hours into the floor, and still have around 190 tiles (small) to sand back (of 200)!! The result will be very nice - but I so wish I had gone and taken 0.5cm off the bottom of the door!!
__________________
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank dodgyken for this useful post:
  #726  
Old 10.12.2014, 15:03
Jern's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bern
Posts: 907
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 1,091 Times in 470 Posts
Jern has a reputation beyond reputeJern has a reputation beyond reputeJern has a reputation beyond reputeJern has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss rip-offs

Quote:
View Post
Do you know what they did? They only went a gave me a full refund - not insistence on buying a new one.

Don't they know there is an online forum that needs complaints posted in??
Things are definitely getting better. It reminds me of Berlin at the end of the eighties - the city had been largely cut off, and retail service was abominable, but ten years of increasing competition and a new influx of fussy West German shoppers improved it beyond all recognition.
Reply With Quote
  #727  
Old 10.12.2014, 15:07
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 10,737
Groaned at 360 Times in 294 Posts
Thanked 19,403 Times in 7,402 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss rip-offs

Quote:
View Post
Things are definitely getting better. It reminds me of Berlin at the end of the eighties - the city had been largely cut off, and retail service was abominable, but ten years of increasing competition and a new influx of fussy West German shoppers improved it beyond all recognition.
I have never had problems taking tools back over here. I did in the UK where they would ask a hundred questions about how it was used, what I was doing with it, and would insist on a replacement - and finding my response of "Why would I want another one when the one I bought a couple of days ago is not up to the job?" rather surprising.
Reply With Quote
  #728  
Old 10.12.2014, 15:11
Jern's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bern
Posts: 907
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 1,091 Times in 470 Posts
Jern has a reputation beyond reputeJern has a reputation beyond reputeJern has a reputation beyond reputeJern has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss rip-offs

Quote:
View Post
Indeed it is.

It started off as a quick "lift the carpet and lay laminate (looks like big slate tiles)."

Then it became "oh cock, the door rubs, I'll scrape off the stuck foam backing"

Then "oh cock, is still rubs, let me just manually scrape off the foam for 2 hours, and it just about works, hmm but don't the tiles look quite nice.

To "I'll get an electric scraper to get the worst off, quick sand and then reseal"

To "Hmm, the tiles look really nice if I sand them right back, I'll do the whole floor."

So far I have invested 7 hours into the floor, and still have around 190 tiles (small) to sand back (of 200)!! The result will be very nice - but I so wish I had gone and taken 0.5cm off the bottom of the door!!
So, not content with depriving the local Teppichrestentfernungsunternehmen of work, you also avoided giving work to the local Türeverkürzungsschleiferei AND the local Fliesensanierungsspezialist!
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Jern for this useful post:
  #729  
Old 10.12.2014, 15:15
Jern's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bern
Posts: 907
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 1,091 Times in 470 Posts
Jern has a reputation beyond reputeJern has a reputation beyond reputeJern has a reputation beyond reputeJern has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss rip-offs

Quote:
View Post
I have never had problems taking tools back over here. I did in the UK where they would ask a hundred questions about how it was used, what I was doing with it, and would insist on a replacement - and finding my response of "Why would I want another one when the one I bought a couple of days ago is not up to the job?" rather surprising.
Yes, back on topic, I also had a good experience the other day - stupidly bought some bike fittings which were the wrong size. Cleaned the oil off them and took them back to Velo Plus two weeks later and, even though the packaging had been opened, they just asked me if I wanted cash or voucher.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Jern for this useful post:
  #730  
Old 10.12.2014, 17:35
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Geneva
Posts: 13
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
val.b has no particular reputation at present
Re: Swiss rip-offs

Quote:
View Post
What things have you found here that are excessively (i.e. unreasonably) over-priced?
Like everything!! LOL
Reply With Quote
  #731  
Old 10.12.2014, 17:42
Papa Goose's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ägeri
Posts: 3,658
Groaned at 233 Times in 190 Posts
Thanked 4,105 Times in 1,766 Posts
Papa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss rip-offs

Quote:
View Post
Indeed it is.

It started off as a quick..... So far I have invested 7 hours.....I so wish I had gone and taken 0.5cm off the bottom of the door!!
Bad time to say you could have borrowed my table saw
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Papa Goose for this useful post:
  #732  
Old 10.12.2014, 17:46
22 yards's Avatar
Only in moderation
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel-Land
Posts: 7,310
Groaned at 210 Times in 168 Posts
Thanked 12,968 Times in 5,329 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss rip-offs

Quote:
View Post
Fliesensanierungsspezialist(in)!
Equality, and all.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank 22 yards for this useful post:
  #733  
Old 22.12.2014, 17:41
flow23's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zürich
Posts: 2,884
Groaned at 82 Times in 65 Posts
Thanked 1,639 Times in 900 Posts
flow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss rip-offs

any postage costs!!!
Reply With Quote
  #734  
Old 26.12.2014, 02:47
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: zurich
Posts: 18
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts
torontosun has earned some respecttorontosun has earned some respect
Re: Swiss rip-offs

Quote:
View Post
I pay CHF 80/hr for the cars, the bikes I do myself.

Tom
i pay 35 CHF per hour for the cars and bikes
Reply With Quote
  #735  
Old 24.01.2015, 01:30
Mark75's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: by the lake (either one)
Posts: 2,485
Groaned at 44 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 3,102 Times in 1,347 Posts
Mark75 has a reputation beyond reputeMark75 has a reputation beyond reputeMark75 has a reputation beyond reputeMark75 has a reputation beyond reputeMark75 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss rip-offs

The CHF 48 Caesar Salad and the CHF 38 Hot Dog... OK, it's the WEF, but what they serve for that kind of money is seriously embarrassing, have a look:

Reply With Quote
  #736  
Old 24.01.2015, 08:08
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,408
Groaned at 442 Times in 346 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss rip-offs

Quote:
View Post
The CHF 48 Caesar Salad and the CHF 38 Hot Dog... OK, it's the WEF, but what they serve for that kind of money is seriously embarrassing, have a look:

Ok, that is very embarrassing.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Nil for this useful post:
  #737  
Old 24.01.2015, 10:25
Jern's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bern
Posts: 907
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 1,091 Times in 470 Posts
Jern has a reputation beyond reputeJern has a reputation beyond reputeJern has a reputation beyond reputeJern has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss rip-offs

Don't forget that, unlike imported hot dogs, Swiss hot dogs contain real dog.
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank Jern for this useful post:
  #738  
Old 24.01.2015, 12:32
jacek's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aargau
Posts: 7,790
Groaned at 98 Times in 77 Posts
Thanked 5,265 Times in 2,958 Posts
jacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss rip-offs

I just got my car back from service in BMW garage. I was ensured that according to their service plan below 100k km it's free. Well I still expected some kind of bill knowing that they wouldn't let you go without one

The bill was surprisingly low at the first glance (for their standards) in region of CHF250. However when I looked at costs breakdown it was somewhat embarrassing:

Castrol edge professional 6.5 x 31.48 = 204.62 S.Fr.
Windscreen washer fluid 2 x 4.09 = 8.18 S.Fr.
Brake fluid 1 x 18.84 S.Fr.

+ VAT = 250.15 S.Fr. in total.

What was priceless though, I have been assured several times by the mechaniques that the car was in great condition. Then they called me and conducted customer satisfaction questionnaire. Well, I still gave them 4 out of 5 possible points.
__________________
🎾That's what we do to help English speaking expats community in Switzerland:
General Information About Swiss Tennis
Tennis Lessons Summer Winter Seasons
🎾🎾Our charity organization to help unprivileged kids to realize their dreams:
FMTF Supports Tennis For Children in Southern Africa
Reply With Quote
  #739  
Old 24.01.2015, 14:31
Today only's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 5,171
Groaned at 630 Times in 409 Posts
Thanked 6,039 Times in 2,895 Posts
Today only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss rip-offs

Quote:
View Post
I just got my car back from service in BMW garage. I was ensured that according to their service plan below 100k km it's free. Well I still expected some kind of bill knowing that they wouldn't let you go without one

The bill was surprisingly low at the first glance (for their standards) in region of CHF250. However when I looked at costs breakdown it was somewhat embarrassing:

Castrol edge professional 6.5 x 31.48 = 204.62 S.Fr.
Windscreen washer fluid 2 x 4.09 = 8.18 S.Fr.
Brake fluid 1 x 18.84 S.Fr.

+ VAT = 250.15 S.Fr. in total.

What was priceless though, I have been assured several times by the mechaniques that the car was in great condition. Then they called me and conducted customer satisfaction questionnaire. Well, I still gave them 4 out of 5 possible points.

The service itself is "free" (the person who buys the car new actually pays up front as there is no such thing as a free lunch)

The liquids yoiu always have to pay for, or certainly with BMW, Audi, Mercedes.

Oil sounds about right, windscreen washed they always try and screw you.
Reply With Quote
  #740  
Old 24.01.2015, 15:42
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,131
Groaned at 101 Times in 60 Posts
Thanked 1,799 Times in 617 Posts
Busby has a reputation beyond reputeBusby has a reputation beyond reputeBusby has a reputation beyond reputeBusby has a reputation beyond reputeBusby has a reputation beyond reputeBusby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss rip-offs

I'm not a person who normally would talk about Swiss Rip-offs but now that old age is making its mark a few things have to be helped along a bit. In this case it's my feet - a mixture of symptoms all causing pain.
So, Prof....... a specialist in such cases gave me a prescription for in-sets (Einlagen) ... you know, to put in the shoes.... Fr465.00!!!!!!!!! All that otherwise was needed was a photo of my feet from underneath...
I'm still breathing deeply.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Busby for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
cheaper, mugs, products




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is there a site for publicising rip-offs? Jern Complaints corner 11 30.04.2011 18:02
Where to watch Super League play-offs i_like_turtles Football/sports 0 08.09.2010 17:55
Championship play-offs basher Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 2 06.05.2010 08:15
EU commission challenges mobile roaming rip-offs Castro TV/internet/telephone 0 15.07.2008 19:26
Porno rip offs of Hollywood Blockbusters Polorise Jokes/funnies 1 24.08.2007 23:11


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0