Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 01.06.2011, 18:10
Jaro's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rafz (ZH)
Posts: 1,317
Groaned at 91 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 624 Times in 343 Posts
Jaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly

Quote:
View Post
Don't get too bothered by posters who aren't 100% sympathetic though- there's a huge cross section of folks here and some are fluffier than others. Mr. Jaro is pretty non-fluffy. (except for that gorgeous hair )
oh stooop it now...you silly monkey you
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Jaro for this useful post:
This user groans at Jaro for this post:
  #82  
Old 01.06.2011, 18:14
Mud's Avatar
Mud Mud is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Romandie
Posts: 2,552
Groaned at 26 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 5,008 Times in 1,828 Posts
Mud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly

Quote:
View Post
oh stooop it now...you silly monkey you
Now that's fluffy.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Mud for this useful post:
  #83  
Old 01.06.2011, 18:36
Jaro's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rafz (ZH)
Posts: 1,317
Groaned at 91 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 624 Times in 343 Posts
Jaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly

Quote:
View Post
Now that's fluffy.
see what you do to me? fluffy
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Jaro for this post:
  #84  
Old 01.06.2011, 18:48
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Basel
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Soupee has become a little unpopular
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly

Quote:
View Post
Australia even the UK seem to have their act together more

END RANT
If you don't like it here, why don't you just off to where you came from? As for Cablecom, it's the worst ISP in Switzerland, proven by many negative news stories and customer reviews.

Hi everybody.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Soupee for this useful post:
  #85  
Old 01.06.2011, 18:51
Jaro's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rafz (ZH)
Posts: 1,317
Groaned at 91 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 624 Times in 343 Posts
Jaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly

Quote:
View Post
If you don't like it here, why don't you just off to where you came from? As for Cablecom, it's the worst ISP in Switzerland, proven by many negative news stories and customer reviews.

Hi everybody.
I like you!!

tell us a bit about yourself
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Jaro for this post:
  #86  
Old 01.06.2011, 18:55
KingSam15's Avatar
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Génevá
Posts: 63
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
KingSam15 has become a little unpopularKingSam15 has become a little unpopular
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly



Wut can I say.. Switzerland lures you in, with Money Laundering ideas and then bam. You're stuck.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank KingSam15 for this useful post:
  #87  
Old 01.06.2011, 19:09
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: At home
Posts: 4,167
Groaned at 208 Times in 133 Posts
Thanked 6,403 Times in 2,719 Posts
Faltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly

Quote:
View Post
As for Cablecom, it's the worst ISP in Switzerland, proven by many negative news stories and customer reviews.
Am I the only happy Cablecom customer? If yes, did I win something?
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Faltrad for this useful post:
  #88  
Old 01.06.2011, 19:12
Jaro's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rafz (ZH)
Posts: 1,317
Groaned at 91 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 624 Times in 343 Posts
Jaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond reputeJaro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly


all that cust care just for you
Quote:
View Post
Am I the only happy Cablecom customer? If yes, did I win something?
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Jaro for this post:
  #89  
Old 01.06.2011, 21:00
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lenk im Simmental
Posts: 1,123
Groaned at 95 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 750 Times in 404 Posts
Keith66 has earned the respect of manyKeith66 has earned the respect of manyKeith66 has earned the respect of many
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly

Sorry I haven't read through all the posts but your location is London, also you are an Australlian, why do you think they have to give you a permit. Let's face it australlia don't really welcome imigrants with open arms!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Keith66 for this useful post:
  #90  
Old 03.06.2011, 09:27
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern NSW
Posts: 210
Groaned at 32 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 90 Times in 53 Posts
squidmonkey has no particular reputation at present
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly

Quote:
View Post
Sorry I haven't read through all the posts but your location is London, also you are an Australlian, why do you think they have to give you a permit. Let's face it australlia don't really welcome imigrants with open arms!

Thats an easy one.. they have to give me a permit because I am entitled to one. Its not the fact that I dont have a permit that bothers me its the constant bungles and incompetencies that do it.. In Oz sure it difficult to get a permit however you do it before you come and once its done its done..
Reply With Quote
This user groans at squidmonkey for this post:
  #91  
Old 03.06.2011, 10:05
Peg A's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 4,422
Groaned at 158 Times in 125 Posts
Thanked 5,428 Times in 2,510 Posts
Peg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly

Quote:
View Post
Thats an easy one.. they have to give me a permit because I am entitled to one. Its not the fact that I dont have a permit that bothers me its the constant bungles and incompetencies that do it.. In Oz sure it difficult to get a permit however you do it before you come and once its done its done..

Entitled to one? Says who? You aren't, neither am I, when it comes to it, no one is "entitled."

And... you were supposed to apply for your permit before coming here as well.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 03.06.2011, 10:11
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern NSW
Posts: 210
Groaned at 32 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 90 Times in 53 Posts
squidmonkey has no particular reputation at present
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly

Quote:
View Post

all that cust care just for you
This thread is heading towards an interesting direction. We have Mr Blatter.. with the "crisis what crisis" attitude. complaining about a complaint on a complaints that he feels is not a valid enough complaint to warrant complaining about on a complaints forum.. yet I struggle to find any troll like comments on the more pressing issues such as "where should I get off the bus" or "the difficulties of alighting from swiss trains" And then going round thanking anyone who mildly agrees with that attitude like someone running for the US presidency.

And the new found lacky joins in with the "if you dont like it go home" speech.. satisfied with the mediocrity of certain aspects life here in switzerland ready to condemn any complaint, remark or suggestion at least for improvement let alone change.

It people like you, those who are complicit and say nothing when surrounded by but currently unaffected by incompetence and corruption who complain the loudest when the wind changes and the stench is blown in your direction.

I will not head down to the TPG office complain loudly having to wait an hour in line because it being the only office in central geneva where can buy a monthly abonomment (like the rest of geneva is forced to) when the smart thing would be just to buy it one line.

I will not go to FUST with a baseball bat and angrily complain that they sold me a stove/oven without a bloody plug or cable and they dont have the service department or that every second electrician that can do it is going to try and rip you off.

I will not start a riot on the lack of accommodation in a city the size of one of londons suburbs.

I wont complain to the UN about the apparent racial profiling on the trains in swiss allemande.

I wont complain to the media about how its really shit that everything closes on sundays giving you only saturday to get stuff done..

I will not rally all of my patients in to writing petitions and forming political activity to stop the A.I./A.V.S. cuts that are about to kick in on the 1st of July that will affect thousands who are completely unaware that the money they have been paying all their lives is worth about 1/4 of what it was.. because they left their heads in the sand and said nothing

But I WILL complain on the EF complaints forum.. why.. not because I want help or advice.. I can deal with these chumps on my own and no one here would have the power to do anything about it anyway.. no no no I will because the last time I checked THATS WHAT ITS HERE FOR.. to vent.. i.e. after uve been fu"*ed around on a dodgy phone call or something like that... and it seems Im saying what a few on here are thinkig.

.. Id like to think my supporters, the vice chairman.. the people at the academy.. god..

Last edited by squidmonkey; 03.06.2011 at 10:24.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at squidmonkey for this post:
  #93  
Old 03.06.2011, 10:12
Fridge's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zürich
Posts: 687
Groaned at 23 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 757 Times in 331 Posts
Fridge has a reputation beyond reputeFridge has a reputation beyond reputeFridge has a reputation beyond reputeFridge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly

Quote:
View Post
Entitled to one? Says who? You aren't, neither am I, when it comes to it, no one is "entitled."

And... you were supposed to apply for your permit before coming here as well.
Ehem, any EU national or person married to a Swiss passport holder (that they don't have a very good reason to deny) is, in fact entitled to a permit.

Granted, I don't know the status of the passports held in question, but if he does have an eu pass, then yes, he's entitled to receive a permit upon being offered work.

The application process it also different for those, and you can be here to apply. It's only non-eu that needs to do it before getting here.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 03.06.2011, 10:17
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly

Quote:
View Post
This thread is heading towards an interesting direction. We have Mr Blatter.. with the "crisis what crisis" attitude. complaining about a complaint on a complaints that he feels is not a valid enough complaint to warrant complaining about on a complaints forum.. yet I struggle to find any troll like comments on the more pressing issues such as "where should I get off the bus" or "how the difficulties of alighting from swiss trains" And then going round thanking anyone who mildly agrees with that attitude like someone running for the US presidency.

And the new found lacky joins in with the "if you dont like it go home" speech.. satisfied with the mediocrity of certain aspects life here in switzerland ready to condemn any complaint, remark or suggestion at least for improvement let alone change.

It people like you, those who are complicit and say nothing when surrounded by but currently unaffected by incompetence and corruption who complain the loudest when the wind changes and the stench is blown in your direction.

I will not head down to the TPG office complain loudly having to wait an hour in line because it being the only office in central geneva where can buy a monthly abonomment (like the rest of geneva is forced to) when the smart thing would be just to buy it one line.

I will not go to FUST with a baseball bat and angrily complain that they sold me a stove/oven without a bloody plug or cable and they dont have the service department or that every second electrician that can do it is going to try and rip you off.

I will not start a riot on the lack of accommodation in a city the size of one of londons suburbs.

I wont complain to the UN about the apparent racial profiling on the trains in swiss allemande.

I wont complain to the media about how its really shit that everything closes on sundays giving you only saturday to get stuff done..

I will not rally all of my patients in to writing petitions and forming political activity to stop the A.I./A.V.S. cuts that are about to kick in on the 1st of July that will affect thousands who are completely unaware that the money they have been paying all their lives is worth about 1/4 of what it was.. because they left their heads in the sand and said nothing

But I WILL complain on the EF complaints forum.. why.. not because I want help or advice.. I can deal with these chumps on my own and no one here would have the power to do anything about it anyway.. no no no I will because the last time I checked THATS WHAT ITS HERE FOR.. to vent.. i.e. after uve been fu"*ed around on a dodgy phone call or something like that... and it seems that a few on here agree with me.

.. Id like to think my supporters, the vice chairman.. the people at the academy.. god..
I very rarely ask this question to expats but, given your obvious dislike of Switzerland and all the problems you have experienced either personally or on behalf of FIFA, why the bejeezus are you here?? There must be some reason for you to have landed here.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #95  
Old 03.06.2011, 10:25
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern NSW
Posts: 210
Groaned at 32 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 90 Times in 53 Posts
squidmonkey has no particular reputation at present
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly

Quote:
View Post
Entitled to one? Says who? You aren't, neither am I, when it comes to it, no one is "entitled."

And... you were supposed to apply for your permit before coming here as well.
duh done that
Reply With Quote
This user groans at squidmonkey for this post:
  #96  
Old 03.06.2011, 10:26
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern NSW
Posts: 210
Groaned at 32 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 90 Times in 53 Posts
squidmonkey has no particular reputation at present
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly

Quote:
I very rarely ask this question to expats but, given your obvious dislike of Switzerland and all the problems you have experienced either personally or on behalf of FIFA, why the bejeezus are you here?? There must be some reason for you to have landed here.
I dont dislike Switzerland its the way that some things are done here irks me... ie after being jerked around on the phone.. and I have my reasons in being here..
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank squidmonkey for this useful post:
This user groans at squidmonkey for this post:
  #97  
Old 03.06.2011, 10:32
Fridge's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zürich
Posts: 687
Groaned at 23 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 757 Times in 331 Posts
Fridge has a reputation beyond reputeFridge has a reputation beyond reputeFridge has a reputation beyond reputeFridge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly

Quote:
View Post
I dont dislike Switzerland its the way that some things are done here irks me. and I have my reasons in being here..
Completely agree.

It's entirely self-deluding to actually attack everyone that complains about the country here!

Every country in the world has positives and negatives - Just because you're sticking your head in the sand to hide from the reality that the place isn't the fairy-tale you heard about doesn't mean that it's actually any good.

Sure, there are some very good things about Switzerland, but there are also some very bad things; did you ever wonder why it's so transient here? The turnover is amazing - the average (skilled, and international) expat isn't exactly here for very long. Why do you think that is?
__________________
The red blobs are all mine, you can't have 'em back!!! Bwahahaha!!!
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 03.06.2011, 10:38
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern NSW
Posts: 210
Groaned at 32 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 90 Times in 53 Posts
squidmonkey has no particular reputation at present
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly

Quote:
View Post
Completely agree.

It's entirely self-deluding to actually attack everyone that complains about the country here!

Every country in the world has positives and negatives - Just because you're sticking your head in the sand to hide from the reality that the place isn't the fairy-tale you heard about doesn't mean that it's actually any good.

Sure, there are some very good things about Switzerland, but there are also some very bad things; did you ever wonder why it's so transient here? The turnover is amazing - the average (skilled, and international) expat isn't exactly here for very long. Why do you think that is?
Thank you very much.. I dont hate switzerland and I wasnt expecting a smooth ride in coming here.. I read it on EF before I even got here... I was just venting frustrations here so I dont do it over the phone to some poor call center worker on 6 chf an hour.. thats all
Reply With Quote
This user groans at squidmonkey for this post:
  #99  
Old 03.06.2011, 10:41
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly

Quote:
View Post
Completely agree.

It's entirely self-deluding to actually attack everyone that complains about the country here!

Every country in the world has positives and negatives - Just because you're sticking your head in the sand to hide from the reality that the place isn't the fairy-tale you heard about doesn't mean that it's actually any good.

Sure, there are some very good things about Switzerland, but there are also some very bad things; did you ever wonder why it's so transient here? The turnover is amazing - the average (skilled) expat isn't exactly here for very long. Why do you think that is?
Attack?? I was asking him why he was here seeing as he has had so many negative experiences.

Nowhere is ever as good as the "fairy tale you heard about" but it's how you deal with it that matters. Plenty of expats manage to cope with the fact their permit isn't waiting for them on the doorstep when they arrive or are able to arrange internet coverage without too much difficulty.

If the OP is finding problems with the basics at this stage how is he going to cope with all the other related stuff to moving to a new country?

The system is not perfect but neither is the system in Australia or the UK (the UK, come on - total joke!). In the 10 years I have been here, I have found a lot less difficulty arranging paperwork, permits and services; and I do this not just for myself but for the expats moving here to work for our company so I have regular experience with them.

Yes, I have problems now and again because someone has lost a form or someone has gone off on holiday and forgotten to complete some admin but, on the whole, I find it a lot less painful than trying to arrange services in the UK.

If you chuck your toys out of the pram every time something goes wrong or someone is incompetent you are in for an absolutely miserable existence here, as you would be anywhere.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #100  
Old 03.06.2011, 10:44
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern NSW
Posts: 210
Groaned at 32 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 90 Times in 53 Posts
squidmonkey has no particular reputation at present
Re: Switzerland.. Only the watches work properly

Quote:
Attack?? I was asking him why he was here seeing as he has had so many negative experiences.

Nowhere is ever as good as the "fairy tale you heard about" but it's how you deal with it that matters. Plenty of expats manage to cope with the fact their permit isn't waiting for them on the doorstep when they arrive or are able to arrange internet coverage without too much difficulty.

If the OP is finding problems with the basics at this stage how is he going to cope with all the other related stuff to moving to a new country?

The system is not perfect but neither is the system in Australia or the UK (the UK, come on - total joke!). In the 10 years I have been here, I have found a lot less difficulty arranging paperwork, permits and services; and I do this not just for myself but for the expats moving here to work for our company so I have regular experience with them.

Yes, I have problems now and again because someone has lost a form or someone has gone off on holiday and forgotten to complete some admin but, on the whole, I find it a lot less painful than trying to arrange services in the UK.

If you chuck your toys out of the pram every time something goes wrong or someone is incompetent you are in for an absolutely miserable existence here, as you would be anywhere.
Yet if you sit on your grievances without venting every now and again your whole life ur just as likely to end up going postal while the house of cards is falling around you.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at squidmonkey for this post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disable PM option not working properly Phil_MCR Forum support 15 20.05.2011 10:15
Victorinox Swiss Army Watches...any advice on Swiss watches LittleFlower Daily life 59 04.03.2011 23:21
How to properly dock a boat Shorrick Mk2 Jokes/funnies 0 22.03.2008 10:44


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0