Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06.07.2011, 16:20
Mowvich's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Genève
Posts: 1,422
Groaned at 28 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 1,308 Times in 607 Posts
Mowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Our middle eastern guests in Geneva

Quote:
View Post
There are no conferences, as far as I know, but there are school programs that bring entire classes here for the whole summer holidays..Study abroad programs. Most of the kids actually concentrate around Starbux at the River, try to get coffee or a seat there after they are done, horrific. Since we have Stitch and Bitch there, it's funny to really not fit in...but it has been every summer since 2007. They often bring family members for visits, while they are studying. I haven't seen any littering, nor obvious hustle..but I'm not there everyday.
What kind of students come in 5 x Airbus 320 private jets loaded with Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Bughattis, staying at hotels for over 10k a night?
This user would like to thank Mowvich for this useful post:
  #22  
Old 06.07.2011, 16:22
Mowvich's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Genève
Posts: 1,422
Groaned at 28 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 1,308 Times in 607 Posts
Mowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Our middle eastern guests in Geneva

Quote:
View Post
Displays of expenditure in Geneva is no problem at all, its the behaviour of the people here that is totally unacceptable. If visitors want to stay in b&b or in pres suites , thats fine, but not to behave in such a way that revolts the local community. This is not a money thing and incidentally, you might want to check on the ownership of said hotels. There are not many locally owned.
Well, who actually keeps marketing Geneva tourism and CH businesses to them?
This user would like to thank Mowvich for this useful post:
  #23  
Old 06.07.2011, 16:25
grumpygit's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: geneva
Posts: 1,476
Groaned at 29 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 1,508 Times in 695 Posts
grumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Our middle eastern guests in Geneva

Quote:
View Post
Well, who actually keeps marketing Geneva tourism and CH businesses to them?
Once again the point is not whetehr they choose to come or not, its how they behave here. We get plenty of other nationalities in hordes (Oriental who behave sooo well) Russian (who are more than capable of displaying that wealth) and of course European who also come for the Fetes but do not make themselves noticed by behaving badly.
There is no justification for that kind of arrogant misbehaviour from the largesse of spending.
  #24  
Old 06.07.2011, 16:27
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 1,191
Groaned at 11 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,781 Times in 704 Posts
ceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Our middle eastern guests in Geneva

Quote:
View Post
Displays of expenditure in Geneva is no problem at all, its the behaviour of the people here that is totally unacceptable. If visitors want to stay in b&b or in pres suites , thats fine, but not to behave in such a way that revolts the local community. This is not a money thing and incidentally, you might want to check on the ownership of said hotels. There are not many locally owned.
What are you doing out and about anyway?
You should be home eating gherkins
This user would like to thank ceppych for this useful post:
  #25  
Old 06.07.2011, 16:28
grumpygit's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: geneva
Posts: 1,476
Groaned at 29 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 1,508 Times in 695 Posts
grumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Our middle eastern guests in Geneva

Quote:
View Post
What are you doing out and about anyway?
You should be home eating gherkins
Im so sour I can pickle them just by looking at them!
The following 5 users would like to thank grumpygit for this useful post:
  #26  
Old 06.07.2011, 16:29
Mowvich's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Genève
Posts: 1,422
Groaned at 28 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 1,308 Times in 607 Posts
Mowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Our middle eastern guests in Geneva

Quote:
View Post
Once again the point is not whetehr they choose to come or not, its how they behave here. We get plenty of other nationalities in hordes (Oriental who behave sooo well) Russian (who are more than capable of displaying that wealth) and of course European who also come for the Fetes but do not make themselves noticed by behaving badly.
There is no justification for that kind of arrogant misbehaviour from the largesse of spending.
I'm not really justifying their behavior, for me they're nothing but uneducated, totally arrogant garbage bags full of money (and that's pretty much most lebanese, egyptians, syrians and jordanians opinion of them)......but it's a package, you take their money with behavior or you lose it all, myself i try to keep away from the tourist area of the lake and head further out (Bellevue, Hermance, Cologny) to not mix with them.

If you wanna join, give me a shout
  #27  
Old 06.07.2011, 16:30
Mel07's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 756
Groaned at 14 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 949 Times in 371 Posts
Mel07 has a reputation beyond reputeMel07 has a reputation beyond reputeMel07 has a reputation beyond reputeMel07 has a reputation beyond reputeMel07 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Our middle eastern guests in Geneva

Quote:
View Post
Once again the point is not whetehr they choose to come or not, its how they behave here. We get plenty of other nationalities in hordes (Oriental who behave sooo well) Russian (who are more than capable of displaying that wealth) and of course European who also come for the Fetes but do not make themselves noticed by behaving badly.
There is no justification for that kind of arrogant misbehaviour from the largesse of spending.
I know! The expats and tourists, especially from the UK, are so well behaved on their holidays in the Gulf. A credit to their country, what with all that cultural sensitivity they display from the very moment they step on their budget flight.
The following 2 users would like to thank Mel07 for this useful post:
  #28  
Old 06.07.2011, 16:30
grumpygit's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: geneva
Posts: 1,476
Groaned at 29 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 1,508 Times in 695 Posts
grumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Our middle eastern guests in Geneva

Quote:
View Post
I'm not really justifying their behavior, for me they're nothing but uneducated, totally arrogant garbage bags full of money (and that's pretty much most lebanese, egyptians, syrians and jordanians opinion of them)......but it's a package, you take their money with behavior or you lose it all, myself i try to keep away from the tourist area of the lake and head further out (Bellevue, Hermance, Cologny) to not mix with them.
That is wise advice indeed. If we didn`t live immediately within the "hotspot" we probably wouldn`t notice so much.
  #29  
Old 06.07.2011, 16:32
Mowvich's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Genève
Posts: 1,422
Groaned at 28 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 1,308 Times in 607 Posts
Mowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Our middle eastern guests in Geneva

Quote:
View Post
That is wise advice indeed. If we didn`t live immediately within the "hotspot" we probably wouldn`t notice so much.
I live in Eaux Vives, just few meters from the Jet d'eau which is the most infected area, i just sneak from the back through parc La Grange
  #30  
Old 06.07.2011, 16:32
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,488
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,435 Times in 10,578 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Our middle eastern guests in Geneva

Quote:
View Post
I know! The expats and tourists, especially from the UK, are so well behaved on their holidays in the Gulf. A credit to their country, what with all that cultural sensitivity they display from the very moment they step on their budget flight.
You forgot the bachelor beer trips to Prague.
The following 2 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #31  
Old 06.07.2011, 16:34
Mowvich's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Genève
Posts: 1,422
Groaned at 28 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 1,308 Times in 607 Posts
Mowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Our middle eastern guests in Geneva

Quote:
View Post
You forgot the bachelor beer trips to Prague.
Oh Lord....don't even start about that one, the ones in Riga are way much worst even
  #32  
Old 06.07.2011, 16:34
grumpygit's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: geneva
Posts: 1,476
Groaned at 29 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 1,508 Times in 695 Posts
grumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Our middle eastern guests in Geneva

Quote:
View Post
Oh Lord....don't even start about that one, the ones in Riga are way much worst even
I like Riga, and I can enjoy it without yacking in public too.
  #33  
Old 06.07.2011, 16:39
Mowvich's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Genève
Posts: 1,422
Groaned at 28 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 1,308 Times in 607 Posts
Mowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Our middle eastern guests in Geneva

Quote:
View Post
I like Riga, and I can enjoy it without yacking in public too.
But you aren't going for bachelor parties, aren't you??
  #34  
Old 06.07.2011, 16:39
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,488
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,435 Times in 10,578 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Our middle eastern guests in Geneva

Ok, enough slinging, go play outside, it's lovely....
The following 3 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
Closed Thread




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
International Middle School Vaud, Geneva Caligal Family matters/health 9 01.03.2012 13:59
Rules regarding guests Dietiker Housing in general 43 11.08.2011 09:30
middle age / middle of europe/ middle of autumn starshine Daily life 6 14.10.2010 14:24
Middle Eastern Spice Mix Baharat, Dried Cod Fish, and Kale, in Zurich?? louloubel Food and drink 9 15.06.2010 11:56
Where do your guests sleep? swisskat Other/general 21 28.05.2009 17:26


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0