English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Complaints corner (https://www.englishforum.ch/complaints-corner/)
-   -   See-through leggings- classy? (https://www.englishforum.ch/complaints-corner/121146-see-through-leggings-classy.html)

Chemmie 08.08.2011 14:24

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil_MCR (Post 1292576)
leg warmers. yes! people still wear these. they keep the leg muscles warm to prevent injuries/cramping.


also covers up unsightly Cankles.

08.08.2011 15:09

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemmie (Post 1292315)
I think it's the concept that they are more revealing and leave a bit less to the imagination--but are still very covering clothing. For those who have fabulous bodies, they can show off even more of it in style and still feel comfortable. For those which body image issues and some sort of shallow complex, such people with their leggings cause anger and rub into a psychological sore spot.

Yes, I have been trying to work out if that is what it is with me, however if the waitress in question had been wearing stockings and suspenders I wouldn't have minded so much. There is something honest about stockings and suspenders, although i doubt that I would have chosen a place where women dress in Stockings for lunch with my brother-in-law. I thought dance ones have a strap under the foot which keeps them down or they are full tights.
They are just a pet peeve which me remind me of Bette Midler, I wore the m in the 80's. Now the update with them being see-through just looks crass.

If you search on Youtube for transparent leggings then maybe you will understand why I think they are so ugly.

Phil_MCR 08.08.2011 15:13

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemmie (Post 1292650)
also covers up unsightly Cankles.

dancers don't have cankles.

08.08.2011 15:16

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil_MCR (Post 1292755)
dancers don't have cankles.

I know a Swiss ballet dancer with cankles, it isn't fat just body structure.

Phil_MCR 08.08.2011 15:22

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil_MCR (Post 1292755)
dancers don't have cankles, by definition

added to fix.

Guest 08.08.2011 15:22

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoppy (Post 1292762)
I know a Swiss ballet dancer with cankles, it isn't fat just body structure.

They all say that... ;)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_brIfpsMytq...Roly+10001.jpg

Guest 08.08.2011 15:25

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoppy (Post 1292762)
I know a Swiss ballet dancer with cankles, it isn't fat just body structure.

A lesson NEVER to fart in your tights...

Chemmie 08.08.2011 15:30

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoppy (Post 1292741)
Yes, I have been trying to work out if that is what it is with me, however if the waitress in question had been wearing stockings and suspenders I wouldn't have minded so much. There is something honest about stockings and suspenders, although i doubt that I would have chosen a place where women dress in Stockings for lunch with my brother-in-law. I thought dance ones have a strap under the foot which keeps them down or they are full tights.
They are just a pet peeve which me remind me of Bette Midler, I wore the m in the 80's. Now the update with them being see-through just looks crass.

If you search on Youtube for transparent leggings then maybe you will understand why I think they are so ugly.


did the search---still like them :P

Now how do you feel about revealing bikini bottoms, or general nudity for that matter....again the idea behind the leggins (and most sexy clothing) is to provide the illusion of nudity while being covered with clothes.

flow23 08.08.2011 20:12

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
who is that kadash-dings-bums-chick?
wide load. keep roads clear! thats fo shizzl.

08.08.2011 20:40

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 


http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/600-awww-yeah-guy.jpg

Chemmie 09.08.2011 17:21

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
relevant comic: (cept breasts instead of ass)

http://i.imgur.com/PgPi6.png

09.08.2011 17:45

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemmie (Post 1292786)
did the search---still like them :P

Now how do you feel about revealing bikini bottoms, or general nudity for that matter....again the idea behind the leggins (and most sexy clothing) is to provide the illusion of nudity while being covered with clothes.

I like nudity- there's an honesty about it. I grew up with nudity and am nude much of the time at home- saves on clothes washing. My husband is used to it but the kids tend not to invite friends over because I am getting a bit old and tend to forget when we have company. I find G-Strings including bikinis to be most comfortable, they make practical sense to me. My fashion faux as is that I wear G- strings, loose shorts, sports bra top and flipflops, that's what I'm wearing now and I'm off to the bank. I know I should get changed but I am so comfortable. See-through leggings are dishonest- a kind of 'Stop looking at my butt you perve. that's not what I intended at all'
To be honest I don't know why- I have worn see-through dresses to clubs- so whats the difference?

Phil_MCR 09.08.2011 17:53

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoppy (Post 1294474)
I like nudity- there's an honesty about it. I grew up with nudity and am nude much of the time at home- saves on clothes washing. My husband is used to it but the kids tend not to invite friends over because I am getting a bit old and tend to forget when we have company. I find G-Strings including bikinis to be most comfortable, they make practical sense to me. My fashion faux as is that I wear G- strings, loose shorts, sports bra top and flipflops, that's what I'm wearing now and I'm off to the bank. I know I should get changed but I am so comfortable. See-through leggings are dishonest- a kind of 'Stop looking at my butt you perve. that's not what I intended at all'
To be honest I don't know why- I have worn see-through dresses to clubs- so whats the difference?

:msnsick:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_X9I7B7s8ZT...tmi%2Blogo.jpg

Shorrick Mk2 09.08.2011 17:55

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoppy (Post 1294474)
I like nudity- there's an honesty about it. I grew up with nudity and am nude much of the time at home- saves on clothes washing.

I bet that was very popular back in Iran.

09.08.2011 17:56

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoppy (Post 1288251)
So I have to go out. I am considering dropping by Walmart and picking up a pair of see-through leggings- Just for research purposes;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoppy (Post 1294474)
I like nudity- there's an honesty about it. I grew up with nudity and am nude much of the time at home- saves on clothes washing. My husband is used to it but the kids tend not to invite friends over because I am getting a bit old and tend to forget when we have company. I find G-Strings including bikinis to be most comfortable, they make practical sense to me. My fashion faux as is that I wear G- strings, loose shorts, sports bra top and flipflops, that's what I'm wearing now and I'm off to the bank. I know I should get changed but I am so comfortable. See-through leggings are dishonest- a kind of 'Stop looking at my butt you perve. that's not what I intended at all'
To be honest I don't know why- I have worn see-through dresses to clubs- so whats the difference?

Makes so much sense all of a sudden.

09.08.2011 19:20

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
[QUOTE=Phil_MCR;1294498]:msnsick:

Quote:

Need a place to stay in Zurich or Schaffhausen? Email me for details - places available!
Naughty naughty- Oh I am so popular:D OK thanks for the warning,I would have deleted but can't now.
Actually I have bashed knees at present- I wonder if I should wear the see-through tights, they cover a multitude of imperfections. No, I just can't bring myself to do it.

Nil 09.08.2011 19:24

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
And what about see through shirt where you can see hard nipples because the lady doesn't wear a bra?

Classy, sexy, trashy, stupid?

Guest 09.08.2011 19:26

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nil (Post 1294637)
And what about see through shirt where you can see hard nipples because the lady doesn't wear a bra?

Classy, sexy, trashy, stupid?

hard to say without pictures...

09.08.2011 19:27

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nil (Post 1294637)
And what about see through shirt where you can see hard nipples because the lady doesn't wear a bra?

Classy, sexy, trashy, stupid?

Small perky breasts= classy. 34E.= Porno.:(

Nil 09.08.2011 19:41

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoppy (Post 1294644)
Small perky breasts= classy. 34E.= Porno.:(

And old ladies with small perky breast?

09.08.2011 19:59

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nil (Post 1294662)
And old ladies with small perky breast?

Still OK with me. Actually It would be OK if she had wrinkled dugs, if she has the confidence to deal with the comments.

I don't really care about age or body type-it depends on how you wear it! I do admire people who look after their bodies- try not to get too fat or unfit. Rod Stewart's you wear it well comes to mind. Sometimes you see very gracious elderly ladies in Swimsuits and they look great! I wouldn't want to see them in see-through leggings though. Lycra body swimsuits and regular leggings if they are exercising are OK.

Pancakes 09.08.2011 19:59

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nil (Post 1294662)
And old ladies with small perky breast?

I didn't know that was possible... :msnsarcastic:

:p

st2lemans 09.08.2011 20:09

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoppy (Post 1294632)
I have bashed knees at present- I wonder if I should wear the see-through tights

I think knee-pads would be a better choice!

Tom

Nil 09.08.2011 20:42

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carrie F (Post 1294686)
I didn't know that was possible... :msnsarcastic:

:p

Sorry, my bad, I should have said:

Old ladies with small perky low breast...

09.08.2011 20:43

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nil (Post 1294722)
Sorry, my bad, I should have said:

Old ladies with small perky low breast...

That clears everything up :confused:

09.08.2011 21:58

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by porsch1909 (Post 1294724)
That clears everything up :confused:

No, but Surgery and HRT can.

jacksarahholly 16.08.2011 14:48

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
Why is it the people who hate them so much post links to pictures of famous people wearing them. You are corect though, no class

Phil_MCR 16.08.2011 14:50

Re: See-through leggings- classy?
 
thanks to this thread, i'm now noticing them everywhere. not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:56.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0