Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12.08.2011, 10:57
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Basel Stadt
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 24 Times in 7 Posts
Isa_RC has no particular reputation at present
Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

I'll try to make this a short story. My bike was stolen from my building (bike room on underground floor, with enrance to the room from outside the building and within the building, both doors always locked). On Saturday afternoon (4 weeks ago) I put my bike in the room as usual, I did not put the lock since the room is locked anyhow. On Monday when I was going to go to work I go down to the room and find my bike missing, only thing left behind was my lock, helmet, water bottle (neatly placed on someone's bike basket, which leads me to believe the thief had plenty of time to steal my bike). On thing that was different that week is that the caretakers of the building were on vacation and there was some lady, not from, the building in charge for that week.
Anyhow, I posted a sign in the building to alert others of the theft, and ask if anyone knew anythign. But I did not hear anything. So a week later I go to the police and make a report. A week after that I find my bike on Ricardo.ch and called the police to let them know. They told me that they would take care of it, of course my bike was sold two days later. I am not sure I will be getting my bike back. Should I contact the peron on Ricardo that bought my bike? or should I just let the police "handle" it and maybe never get my bike back. It was an expensive bike I got back in the States, that was sold for 1/4 of the price on the website. The guy who sold it (who is probably who stole it) is a questionable person, he had some weird youtube site, with guns and nationalistic parafinalia (not Swiss). So I don't want to be in contact with such a person. It's just frustrating to know who sold my bike, who bought it, and I still don't have it back. And I have not reported it to the insurance in case I get it back. Any suggestions on what I should do?
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Isa_RC for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 12.08.2011, 10:59
AbFab's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 8,517
Groaned at 364 Times in 251 Posts
Thanked 12,723 Times in 4,340 Posts
AbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond reputeAbFab has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

Quote:
View Post
Any suggestions on what I should do?
Change your location from "USA" to where you are in Switzerland...
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank AbFab for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 12.08.2011, 11:03
Tom1234's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kanton Luzern
Posts: 16,472
Groaned at 578 Times in 453 Posts
Thanked 24,631 Times in 9,919 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

Quote:
View Post
I'll try to make this a short story. My bike was stolen from my building (bike room on underground floor, with enrance to the room from outside the building and within the building, both doors always locked). On Saturday afternoon (4 weeks ago) I put my bike in the room as usual, I did not put the lock since the room is locked anyhow. On Monday when I was going to go to work I go down to the room and find my bike missing, only thing left behind was my lock, helmet, water bottle (neatly placed on someone's bike basket, which leads me to believe the thief had plenty of time to steal my bike). On thing that was different that week is that the caretakers of the building were on vacation and there was some lady, not from, the building in charge for that week.
Anyhow, I posted a sign in the building to alert others of the theft, and ask if anyone knew anythign. But I did not hear anything. So a week later I go to the police and make a report. A week after that I find my bike on Ricardo.ch and called the police to let them know. They told me that they would take care of it, of course my bike was sold two days later. I am not sure I will be getting my bike back. Should I contact the peron on Ricardo that bought my bike? or should I just let the police "handle" it and maybe never get my bike back. It was an expensive bike I got back in the States, that was sold for 1/4 of the price on the website. The guy who sold it (who is probably who stole it) is a questionable person, he had some weird youtube site, with guns and nationalistic parafinalia (not Swiss). So I don't want to be in contact with such a person. It's just frustrating to know who sold my bike, who bought it, and I still don't have it back. And I have not reported it to the insurance in case I get it back. Any suggestions on what I should do?
Tell Ricardo what has happened.

Report it to the insurance (you should have done this immediately - why didn't you?).
Tell the insurance that you have seen it bought and sold on Ricardo and give details.
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank Tom1234 for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 12.08.2011, 11:10
TiMow's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 9,295
Groaned at 237 Times in 154 Posts
Thanked 12,188 Times in 5,300 Posts
TiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

Probably, also need to monitor "For Sale/Wanted" (Market Place Forum), of EF - just in case it's offered for resale.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank TiMow for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 12.08.2011, 11:11
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Basel Stadt
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 24 Times in 7 Posts
Isa_RC has no particular reputation at present
Re: Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

Yeah, I've only been here 7 months, and have not used the forum in a while, so have not changed my location .. now in Basel
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Isa_RC for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 12.08.2011, 11:11
Carlos R's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Roundn'about Basel
Posts: 7,232
Groaned at 105 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 9,934 Times in 4,178 Posts
Carlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond reputeCarlos R has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

Quote:
View Post
Tell Ricardo what has happened.

Report it to the insurance (you should have done this immediately - why didn't you?).
Tell the insurance that you have seen it bought and sold on Ricardo and give details.
+ next time lock your bike.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12.08.2011, 11:15
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Basel Stadt
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 24 Times in 7 Posts
Isa_RC has no particular reputation at present
Re: Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

I know, live and learn, you would think that this is safe Switzerland and it's not common to have thing stolen from your building. I've lived in a not-so-"safe" neighborhood back home, that same bike was once left outside in the garden (by accident), and it was still there two days later.. go figure!!
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Isa_RC for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 12.08.2011, 11:40
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Geneva
Posts: 122
Groaned at 8 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 91 Times in 41 Posts
Rugbylad is considered knowledgeableRugbylad is considered knowledgeableRugbylad is considered knowledgeable
Re: Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

This is a nightmare, fortunately myself and 3 friends, lets call them for arguments sake, BA, Murdoch and Face travel around in a large black van with a red stripe down the side which we used to escape from a maximum security prison...anyway I digress...If have a problem, and if you can find us...maybe we can bring to justice this ricardo,ch? BTW We go by the common pseudonym - The A Team.
Alternatively claim on the insurance?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Rugbylad for this useful post:
The following 3 users groan at Rugbylad for this post:
  #9  
Old 12.08.2011, 12:25
nickatbasel's Avatar
Mod, Chips and Mushy Peas
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Albisrieden
Posts: 5,310
Groaned at 160 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 8,340 Times in 3,087 Posts
nickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

Let the police handle it.

Your post is a good reminder to lock my bike even when in our apartment Veloraum. I've a habit of assuming it will be safe there. Mind you there is nothing to lock the bike to - so it could still be carried away by a determined enough thief but it will at least discourage the opportunists.

Cheers,
Nick

Quote:
View Post
I'll try to make this a short story. My bike was stolen from my building (bike room on underground floor, with enrance to the room from outside the building and within the building, both doors always locked). On Saturday afternoon (4 weeks ago) I put my bike in the room as usual, I did not put the lock since the room is locked anyhow. On Monday when I was going to go to work I go down to the room and find my bike missing, only thing left behind was my lock, helmet, water bottle (neatly placed on someone's bike basket, which leads me to believe the thief had plenty of time to steal my bike). On thing that was different that week is that the caretakers of the building were on vacation and there was some lady, not from, the building in charge for that week.
Anyhow, I posted a sign in the building to alert others of the theft, and ask if anyone knew anythign. But I did not hear anything. So a week later I go to the police and make a report. A week after that I find my bike on Ricardo.ch and called the police to let them know. They told me that they would take care of it, of course my bike was sold two days later. I am not sure I will be getting my bike back. Should I contact the peron on Ricardo that bought my bike? or should I just let the police "handle" it and maybe never get my bike back. It was an expensive bike I got back in the States, that was sold for 1/4 of the price on the website. The guy who sold it (who is probably who stole it) is a questionable person, he had some weird youtube site, with guns and nationalistic parafinalia (not Swiss). So I don't want to be in contact with such a person. It's just frustrating to know who sold my bike, who bought it, and I still don't have it back. And I have not reported it to the insurance in case I get it back. Any suggestions on what I should do?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank nickatbasel for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 12.08.2011, 12:45
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 4,518
Groaned at 491 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 4,099 Times in 1,952 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

Quote:
View Post
I'll try to make this a short story. My bike was stolen from my building (bike room on underground floor, with enrance to the room from outside the building and within the building, both doors always locked). On Saturday afternoon (4 weeks ago) I put my bike in the room as usual, I did not put the lock since the room is locked anyhow. On Monday when I was going to go to work I go down to the room and find my bike missing, only thing left behind was my lock, helmet, water bottle (neatly placed on someone's bike basket, which leads me to believe the thief had plenty of time to steal my bike). On thing that was different that week is that the caretakers of the building were on vacation and there was some lady, not from, the building in charge for that week.
Anyhow, I posted a sign in the building to alert others of the theft, and ask if anyone knew anythign. But I did not hear anything. So a week later I go to the police and make a report. A week after that I find my bike on Ricardo.ch and called the police to let them know. They told me that they would take care of it, of course my bike was sold two days later. I am not sure I will be getting my bike back. Should I contact the peron on Ricardo that bought my bike? or should I just let the police "handle" it and maybe never get my bike back. It was an expensive bike I got back in the States, that was sold for 1/4 of the price on the website. The guy who sold it (who is probably who stole it) is a questionable person, he had some weird youtube site, with guns and nationalistic parafinalia (not Swiss). So I don't want to be in contact with such a person. It's just frustrating to know who sold my bike, who bought it, and I still don't have it back. And I have not reported it to the insurance in case I get it back. Any suggestions on what I should do?
I will groan you, not that I believe in that crap "groan thing" but apparently it does impact some people. I will explain why and I will try to suggest you the best actions to help you.

First you get groaned for that "So a week later I go to the police and make a report." Why on earth you have waited a week to make a police report?

I know it seems useless because they obviously don't care. But that's the only way to report, and that's important to have a written document ASAP. That document can be used to any of your possible other actions: "insurance"; riccardo, etc...
Also, if you are convincing enough you can get the police to collect fingerprints on the scene; often it's local stupid kids and they need to be caught and confronted.
The groan is linked to the fact that passive people are telling a clear message to those thiefs: stealing bikes is acceptable, no one cares.
Especially in your case, which was a valuable bike( so the hassle is even more justified).

I would have not "groaned" you if you would chose the "Vigilante way": hiring some mugs to track the thiefs and give them a good beating. But hey you've not done that.

Now actions:
-Never lose hope or get angry: useless and will only take you away from your objectives: get bike back and help to get those thiefs punished

-You got an official document with stolen report. FAX it to Riccardo Customer service:
Fax service clientèle: 041 769 33 20
Keep copy, explain the advert details you have seen. Explain them the situation and ask them to provide you contact details, and block both accounts of the thief.
Or better give them your Police report reference number and ask them to send information to the police.

-Follow up regularly to the "civil servants": the police. Nearly harass them but in a friendly way (don't annoy them). You need to make sure they are doing something.

EDIT: Here's some official information:
http://translate.google.com/translat...tes-victime%2F
You can see there's some official procedure when you are a victim, to report to the police and so they do something.
Don't hesitate to re contact them for additional informations, such as "giving them a ricardo.ch reference number" so they can get in contact. Maybe they'll get IPS addresses, etc...
Reply With Quote
This user groans at CorsebouTheReturn for this post:
  #11  
Old 12.08.2011, 12:51
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lyss
Posts: 910
Groaned at 37 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 883 Times in 434 Posts
glinaa has a reputation beyond reputeglinaa has a reputation beyond reputeglinaa has a reputation beyond reputeglinaa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

And why on earth haven't you bought the bike on ricardo (or ask someone to do it for you if afraid that the thief would recognize your address) and went to pick it up with a police officer?
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank glinaa for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 12.08.2011, 12:54
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 4,518
Groaned at 491 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 4,099 Times in 1,952 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

Quote:
View Post
And why on earth haven't you bought the bike on ricardo (or ask someone to do it for you if afraid that the thief would recognize your address) and went to pick it up with a police officer?
I'm not too sure it was the solution...
It should have been reported asap and really extreme follow up with police, if possible.

Because they could have intercepted the thief!
Buying it yourself could have been suspicious, for example if the thief wanted to deliver... what address, etc...

Anyway, now it's time for our victim to fight back!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12.08.2011, 13:02
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Lyss
Posts: 910
Groaned at 37 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 883 Times in 434 Posts
glinaa has a reputation beyond reputeglinaa has a reputation beyond reputeglinaa has a reputation beyond reputeglinaa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

Quote:
View Post
Because they could have intercepted the thief!

Buying it yourself could have been suspicious, for example if the thief wanted to deliver... what address, etc...
They could have, during pickup - this is a very common scenario for such things.

What address? The train station - the most common place for personal Ricardo deliveries :-). Not a thing suspicious about it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12.08.2011, 13:05
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Basel Stadt
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 24 Times in 7 Posts
Isa_RC has no particular reputation at present
Re: Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

Hey, thanks for the Groan (seriously) but the reason I waited for a week to go to the police was that I was only going to wait 1 and a half days, to see if any of the neighbors had seen anything so that I could have more facts for the police. And so after that time I did go to the police, but you know I have the expat-syndome-of-language-barrier, and there were no English speaking cops at the time and I had no one to help me out, so they told me "come back this other day" so that was almost a week later. So in my defence, my reaction was not slow, it was my fault for not speaking German (though I have started lessons 2 months ago, not enough time to learn enough to report a crime).
Once I saw my bike on Ricardo, my first instinct was bid on it and confront the guy! Then I find I need at least a few days to open the Ricardo account (since they have to send you the code by mail) so that was not very productive. Then with some more digging to find out who this guy was, he also had a facebook account, and a youtube account with pictures of him holding guns, rifles, dressed in military uniform. I mean I don't know if this guy is mentally stable or vengeful, and you know Basel is not big enough to not see the same people around town, and that guy lives in Basel too, so I guess his intimidating tactics work

Here's the link in case you've seen this guy, I have no prove that he's the one that stole it, but for sure he's the one that sold it.

youtube


ebay
http://myworld.ebay.ch/tekbenmi/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

facebook
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000691160312



I appreciate your advice, I still have hope I will get my bike back.

Quote:
View Post
I will groan you, not that I believe in that crap "groan thing" but apparently it does impact some people. I will explain why and I will try to suggest you the best actions to help you.

First you get groaned for that "So a week later I go to the police and make a report." Why on earth you have waited a week to make a police report?

I know it seems useless because they obviously don't care. But that's the only way to report, and that's important to have a written document ASAP. That document can be used to any of your possible other actions: "insurance"; riccardo, etc...
Also, if you are convincing enough you can get the police to collect fingerprints on the scene; often it's local stupid kids and they need to be caught and confronted.
The groan is linked to the fact that passive people are telling a clear message to those thiefs: stealing bikes is acceptable, no one cares.
Especially in your case, which was a valuable bike( so the hassle is even more justified).

I would have not "groaned" you if you would chose the "Vigilante way": hiring some mugs to track the thiefs and give them a good beating. But hey you've not done that.

Now actions:
-Never lose hope or get angry: useless and will only take you away from your objectives: get bike back and help to get those thiefs punished

-You got an official document with stolen report. FAX it to Riccardo Customer service:
Fax service clientèle: 041 769 33 20
Keep copy, explain the advert details you have seen. Explain them the situation and ask them to provide you contact details, and block both accounts of the thief.
Or better give them your Police report reference number and ask them to send information to the police.

-Follow up regularly to the "civil servants": the police. Nearly harass them but in a friendly way (don't annoy them). You need to make sure they are doing something.

EDIT: Here's some official information:
http://translate.google.com/translat...tes-victime%2F
You can see there's some official procedure when you are a victim, to report to the police and so they do something.
Don't hesitate to re contact them for additional informations, such as "giving them a ricardo.ch reference number" so they can get in contact. Maybe they'll get IPS addresses, etc...
Reply With Quote
The following 8 users would like to thank Isa_RC for this useful post:
  #15  
Old 12.08.2011, 13:14
bigblue2's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Glarus
Posts: 8,082
Groaned at 484 Times in 403 Posts
Thanked 14,715 Times in 5,780 Posts
bigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

lol he does look a bit of a nutter
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank bigblue2 for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 12.08.2011, 13:18
Tom1234's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kanton Luzern
Posts: 16,472
Groaned at 578 Times in 453 Posts
Thanked 24,631 Times in 9,919 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

Quote:
View Post
Here's the link in case you've seen this guy, I have no prove that he's the one that stole it, but for sure he's the one that sold it.

youtube

Is he the one on the left or the right?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Tom1234 for this useful post:
  #17  
Old 12.08.2011, 13:47
TitanTurbo10's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 585
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 748 Times in 306 Posts
TitanTurbo10 has a reputation beyond reputeTitanTurbo10 has a reputation beyond reputeTitanTurbo10 has a reputation beyond reputeTitanTurbo10 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

Is there anything like ImmobiTag in Switzerland? It's very useful to help with the return of a stolen bike or to prove ownership if your bike is being sold online, and not easy to remove. Probably too late for the OP but maybe for her next bike.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12.08.2011, 15:44
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 4,518
Groaned at 491 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 4,099 Times in 1,952 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

Hi,
Ok, I feel sorry for your difficult situation, and I understand your difficulties.
Fair enough, it's not easy when you don't speak the local language, yet.

Hm, don't hesitate to add any infos to the police report, in the meantime don't forget the fax to Ricardo. It's not easy to be a victim but you're now going to be the one using legal system to catch the guy.

About the guy:
Whoever he is (thief, partner, etc...) he looks... dodgy and dangerous. So it's quite better if you don't confront him (obviously, you already identified that...).

Hm, if anything occurs such as intimidation, etc...don't let yourself be scared off, the police, ultimately will do something.

Hm I don't know what to suggest anymore, maybe meet locals EnglishForumers for assistance in case the nutter causes you troubles?

You need solutions, police's already on your side!

How about the buyer, can you pretend to sell him an item or use friend ricardo account to contact him. When you know his residence, call police and confront him.

Do you have "proof of purchase" or old pictures or anything? For example if it's US bike... Anyway the guy won't have any beside Ricardo and you have the "police report".
Don't hesitate, if you are 100% it's your bike, to confront him, take the bike off their hands, and call police to come to the action scene immediately!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12.08.2011, 22:23
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,356
Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

I am sorry for your situation. No matter what you'll do or what will happen, do not get close to this guy.

Nil
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12.08.2011, 22:51
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 37
Groaned at 7 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Pearshakes has annoyed a few people around herePearshakes has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Stolen Bike (from the building not the street) then sold and bought online

Quote:
View Post
Is there anything like ImmobiTag in Switzerland? It's very useful to help with the return of a stolen bike or to prove ownership if your bike is being sold online, and not easy to remove. Probably too late for the OP but maybe for her next bike.
This won't work, because every bike thief worth their salt knows that all they need to do, is stick the bicycle into the bicycle sized microwave to destroy the RFID signal.

PS that bloke looks like a right nutter. Friend request sent .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
stolen bike




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stolen bike: does the little sticker help to track it/ FabrizioM Insurance 5 16.06.2011 22:08
Mountain bike sold on English Forum - please help me to find the buyer and seller lssilva Other/general 64 05.05.2011 20:24
Bike stolen in the appartment kg7 Complaints corner 3 22.03.2011 13:32
[Zurich] Is your bike parked on the street? economisto Transportation/driving 5 02.07.2010 15:48


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0