Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #241  
Old 27.09.2011, 10:18
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern NSW
Posts: 209
Groaned at 33 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 90 Times in 53 Posts
squidmonkey has no particular reputation at present
Re: Complain to the SBB about the posters

Ive noticed that the SVP/UDC have upped the anti of the vitriol directed at the "auslander" in recent days.

I know that there are more Swiss living in Australia then there are Australians living in Switzerland. And we dont try and alienate them. I would guess that the same applies to the USA, Canada, NZ, UK and probably a few other countries. If the SVP continues its broad swipe and up it nationalistic rhetoric at all foreigners living in Switzerland I would expect and hope that "auslanders" would go back to their respective governments and complain.

I understand that uncontrolled immigration can pose a problem. I am tired of being asked for money by the gypsies, however I pay a lot of tax and contribute to the local and national economy of Switzerland, and I know there are a lot of you who feel the same.

We in Australia have a right wing too.. no doubt some of you have seen coverage about the boat people issue. But when the right complains immigration they generally target their campaigns towards unskilled or illegals.. not just a shot gun approach at all non Australians.

I know how the politics of fear works, its how the nazis took control of Germany before the war, and I know If I feel at all intimidated or threatened by the authorities, or by groups or individuals incited by the nationalistic rhetoric, Ill be writing to my MP and consulate.. wouldn't you?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank squidmonkey for this useful post:
  #242  
Old 27.09.2011, 17:14
swedishguy's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: bern
Posts: 97
Groaned at 39 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 115 Times in 40 Posts
swedishguy has become a little unpopularswedishguy has become a little unpopular
Re: Complain to the SBB about the posters

Quote:
View Post
Ive noticed that the SVP/UDC have upped the anti of the vitriol directed at the "auslander" in recent days.

I know that there are more Swiss living in Australia then there are Australians living in Switzerland. And we dont try and alienate them. I would guess that the same applies to the USA, Canada, NZ, UK and probably a few other countries. If the SVP continues its broad swipe and up it nationalistic rhetoric at all foreigners living in Switzerland I would expect and hope that "auslanders" would go back to their respective governments and complain.

I understand that uncontrolled immigration can pose a problem. I am tired of being asked for money by the gypsies, however I pay a lot of tax and contribute to the local and national economy of Switzerland, and I know there are a lot of you who feel the same.

We in Australia have a right wing too.. no doubt some of you have seen coverage about the boat people issue. But when the right complains immigration they generally target their campaigns towards unskilled or illegals.. not just a shot gun approach at all non Australians.

I know how the politics of fear works, its how the nazis took control of Germany before the war, and I know If I feel at all intimidated or threatened by the authorities, or by groups or individuals incited by the nationalistic rhetoric, Ill be writing to my MP and consulate.. wouldn't you?
Forgive me if i have misunderstood, but i think SVP:s biggest issue is with the "mass immigration" from muslim countries, not highly qualified european work force.

I for one was appalled, even more then usual with their propaganda, with their little ad in 20 minuten saying that immigrants wants to ban the Swiss flag since its no longer a part of the "new and multi cultural Switzerland"..amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 27.09.2011, 17:18
PaddyG's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pensier, Fribourg
Posts: 9,243
Groaned at 118 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 16,857 Times in 5,912 Posts
PaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Complain to the SBB about the posters

Quote:
View Post
I for one was appalled, even more then usual with their propaganda, with their little ad in 20 minuten saying that immigrants wants to ban the Swiss flag since its no longer a part of the "new and multi cultural Switzerland"..amazing.
Do you realise that the Secondos organisation did actually state that they thought the flag should be changed? It wasn't just SVP propaganda. Of course it was going to get a response from the SVP, it was probably designed to do exactly that.
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 27.09.2011, 18:37
swedishguy's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: bern
Posts: 97
Groaned at 39 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 115 Times in 40 Posts
swedishguy has become a little unpopularswedishguy has become a little unpopular
Re: Complain to the SBB about the posters

Quote:
View Post
Do you realise that the Secondos organisation did actually state that they thought the flag should be changed? It wasn't just SVP propaganda. Of course it was going to get a response from the SVP, it was probably designed to do exactly that.
No I didnt..i just saw the ad quickly on the train and disregarded it as bullshit propaganda as with the minaret cruise missiles 2 years ago..anyways thanks for clarifying!
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 27.09.2011, 19:22
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Complain to the SBB about the posters

Where can I get a really thick black marker? How dare the UDC/SVP have huge posters saying 'THE SWISS VOTE UDC/SVP' ? Fraudulent propaganda- yes SOME Swiss do, a minority- MOST do NOT, me included. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
cff, ffs, poster protest, sbb




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best way to complain to SBB keymoo Complaints corner 77 17.12.2018 09:19
Foreigners not the target of the latest SVP posters panda Swiss politics/news 109 12.05.2011 17:18
Where to complain about noisy neighbours? icgrp Daily life 14 13.01.2010 13:29
Hi to the Weekend Posters !!! Sada General off-topic 12 12.12.2009 19:37
How to complain about a runway Guest Daily life 17 30.05.2007 15:16


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0