Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07.11.2011, 10:53
KeinFranzösisch's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,198
Groaned at 63 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,115 Posts
KeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: notes on door

Quote:
View Post
I'm on the ground floor, that means that any door slammers go thorough me. I don't mind as I play PS3 at late hours of the night and tend to get vocal while doing it. It's a trade off.... (just to be sure, I let anyone wash their clothes after 10pm)
Wait. I think you're in my building...
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07.11.2011, 10:55
Ouchboy's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Baden
Posts: 3,324
Groaned at 58 Times in 47 Posts
Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,146 Posts
Ouchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: notes on door

Quote:
View Post
Wait. I think you're in my building...
Either that or an amateur porn production company.. it's all the same dialog really....
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07.11.2011, 13:32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 31
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Total has no particular reputation at present
Re: Notes on door

Just to clarify I understand that we all need to be careful in closing doors and so on as sounds travel through an apartment building but my concern was more that I know I have been extremely careful and yet my neighbour is annoyed- what happens when there really is some noise!! Hopefully she will just calm down over the next while.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07.11.2011, 13:35
porsch1909
 
Posts: n/a
Re: notes on door

I got exactly the same thing a week after I moved in
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07.11.2011, 13:38
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 31
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Total has no particular reputation at present
Re: notes on door

Quote:
View Post
I assume that there is a connection to this thread, so it seems you upset ONE Swiss. Statistically, that's a pretty tiny sample. It's not THE Swiss. There may be many more, as we all know, but that still doesn't make them THE Swiss.

Please note that there are Swiss on this forum too, and most of them are here to help you guys, voluntarily, mind you. On the other hand, there are nutcases everywhere, not only in Switzerland.
Hi Greybeard, yes, there are nutters everywhere I totally agree with you and as I in any case, am non swiss, I am trying to play by the local rules as I am a visitor in your country.
I do however find that swiss people are generally less noisy, even bars, restaurants, trains etc where there are large groups of people are gathered much quieter than in cities outside of Switzerland.
Therefore, they expect other people to be quiet aswell and it seems that an unreasonable level of quiet is required. Unreasonable, that is, to me.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07.11.2011, 13:47
HollidayG's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kanton Zürich
Posts: 3,038
Groaned at 50 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 1,180 Times in 738 Posts
HollidayG has an excellent reputationHollidayG has an excellent reputationHollidayG has an excellent reputationHollidayG has an excellent reputation
Re: notes on door

Quote:
View Post
Hi Greybeard, yes, there are nutters everywhere I totally agree with you and as I in any case, am non swiss, I am trying to play by the local rules as I am a visitor in your country.
I do however find that swiss people are generally less noisy, even bars, restaurants, trains etc where there are large groups of people are gathered much quieter than in cities outside of Switzerland.
Therefore, they expect other people to be quiet aswell and it seems that an unreasonable level of quiet is required. Unreasonable, that is, to me.
Just ignore them.

I received a note on my car asking me to park my car straight although
my car was between the lines of my space. My car was just a little
crooked within my own space.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07.11.2011, 13:51
marksmadsen's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Geneva
Posts: 180
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 209 Times in 93 Posts
marksmadsen has a reputation beyond reputemarksmadsen has a reputation beyond reputemarksmadsen has a reputation beyond reputemarksmadsen has a reputation beyond repute
Re: notes on door

Quote:
View Post
Did you not complain about the person above you shutting her shutters at 2am? I did.
Congratulations. You have been assimilated
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07.11.2011, 14:00
NSchulzi's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Zug
Posts: 2,422
Groaned at 52 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 2,523 Times in 1,215 Posts
NSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: notes on door

I just cannot stand all this weird crap. I can honestly say that I never experienced anything like this all the time that I lived in London, and that includes dodgily converted flats in the early days (with no insulation), etc
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank NSchulzi for this useful post:
  #29  
Old 07.11.2011, 14:23
TidakApa's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Top of a Triangle
Posts: 2,992
Groaned at 38 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 5,673 Times in 2,039 Posts
TidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: notes on door

ahhh, the pretentiousness of people who leave notes on doors.

The sense of superiority they must experience while otherwise overlooking their own pathetic cowardice.


I say fight fire with fire:


Quote:
Hi,
Thanks for the note on my door the other day.

I also have had some of your mail delivered to my letterbox . You can come and collect it.

P.S. The letter was accidently opened by mistake. It was from the VD clinic - bad news

or perhaps

Quote:
Could you watch your Porn movies a little quieter please
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank TidakApa for this useful post:
  #30  
Old 07.11.2011, 14:26
KeinFranzösisch's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,198
Groaned at 63 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,115 Posts
KeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: notes on door

Quote:
View Post
Either that or an amateur porn production company.. it's all the same dialog really....
Oh ya, take that cruise missle you dirty slag. *sound of plastic slapping rapidly* Oh yah!!! Oh yah!!!!! DAMMIT!!!!!! Gawwwwwwwd!

Quote:
View Post
Just ignore them.

I received a note on my car asking me to park my car straight although
my car was between the lines of my space. My car was just a little
crooked within my own space.
That was me. I was in Baar, spotted your car... left you a note. Next time, I lift your wipers.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank KeinFranzösisch for this useful post:
  #31  
Old 07.11.2011, 14:29
slammer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lummerland
Posts: 5,335
Groaned at 149 Times in 105 Posts
Thanked 9,294 Times in 3,534 Posts
slammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: notes on door

Quote:
View Post
I'm on the ground floor, that means that any door slammers go thorough me. I don't mind as I play PS3 at late hours of the night and tend to get vocal while doing it. It's a trade off.... (just to be sure, I let anyone wash their clothes after 10pm)
Just so that everybody knows: I do not go through Ouchboy
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank slammer for this useful post:
  #32  
Old 07.11.2011, 14:31
Ouchboy's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Baden
Posts: 3,324
Groaned at 58 Times in 47 Posts
Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,146 Posts
Ouchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: notes on door

Quote:
View Post
Just so that everybody knows: I do not go through Ouchboy
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Ouchboy for this useful post:
  #33  
Old 07.11.2011, 15:36
Captain Greybeard's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sarganserland / NW Lower Penin
Posts: 3,518
Groaned at 43 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 7,410 Times in 2,314 Posts
Captain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Greybeard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: notes on door

Quote:
View Post
Hi Greybeard, yes, there are nutters everywhere I totally agree with you and as I in any case, am non swiss, I am trying to play by the local rules as I am a visitor in your country.
I do however find that swiss people are generally less noisy, even bars, restaurants, trains etc where there are large groups of people are gathered much quieter than in cities outside of Switzerland.
Therefore, they expect other people to be quiet aswell and it seems that an unreasonable level of quiet is required. Unreasonable, that is, to me.
Depends on what "cities outside of Switzerland" means, but I know what you mean. On the other hand, my OH, grown up in Detroit, says the youngsters in our little town here in Heidiland are terribly noisy, just because on Friday and Saturday evenings they stand at the intersection in front of our house to have a last 10 minute chat on their way home from the bar. I keep telling her she once was one of those youngsters too, albeit a long time ago, so her memory may have faded a little bit.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07.11.2011, 15:48
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,601
Groaned at 570 Times in 483 Posts
Thanked 20,854 Times in 10,954 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: notes on door

Quote:
View Post
Just ignore them.

I received a note on my car asking me to park my car straight although
my car was between the lines of my space. My car was just a little
crooked within my own space.
I had a letter in the summer from the Gemeinde saying my boat was not parked straight!
I have to park at right angles to the bank so the front was chained & locked to a Gemeinde supplied permanent hook and the back was tied between 2 permanent pillars firmly sunk in the bottom.
When I enquired I was told the guy in the next berth complained I was too close to the pillar on his side ; although we do have this 10inch wide steel pillar between our boats.

The Gemeinde were kind enough to tell me I was not doing anything illegal so there would be no question of a fine
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07.11.2011, 15:55
Sry Sry is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: switzerland
Posts: 44
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sry has no particular reputation at present
Re: notes on door

Quote:
View Post
Had a note left on my apartment door by my neighbour this evening saying i make too much noise putting my roller shutters down and closing doors! bizarre.
perhaps this apartment was vacant for a while before i moved in i dont know but one has to expect some noise when sharing a building with others no? ordinary living noises!
I know sounds swiss but I had a german neighbour who close the roller shutter s at 3 or 5 o'clock in the morning and it was not funny, when you have a newborn baby is awful she woke up at 1 am for her feed and when that G guy was coming back from his party.... I hated him for so long... but I live now in a new place
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07.11.2011, 15:59
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wadenswil Zurich
Posts: 162
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 228 Times in 88 Posts
golly is considered knowledgeablegolly is considered knowledgeablegolly is considered knowledgeable
Re: notes on door

Quote:
View Post
I had a letter in the summer from the Gemeinde saying my boat was not parked straight!
I have to park at right angles to the bank so the front was chained & locked to a Gemeinde supplied permanent hook and the back was tied between 2 permanent pillars firmly sunk in the bottom.
When I enquired I was told the guy in the next berth complained I was too close to the pillar on his side ; although we do have this 10inch wide steel pillar between our boats.

The Gemeinde were kind enough to tell me I was not doing anything illegal so there would be no question of a fine
Did you get it in writing. You will need the proof when the fine comes.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank golly for this useful post:
  #37  
Old 07.11.2011, 16:20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Birmensdorf ZH, ex-Lausanne
Posts: 415
Groaned at 15 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 403 Times in 182 Posts
NicoleCZ has a reputation beyond reputeNicoleCZ has a reputation beyond reputeNicoleCZ has a reputation beyond reputeNicoleCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: notes on door

I have a neighbor who has no idea what an inside voice is nor how to close a door without slamming it, two "gifts" she has passed on to her noisy, noisy children. As such, I felt fully within my rights today to do two loads of laundry during the Ruhestunde. Win win.

That is what pisses me off about note-leavers: usually they aren't in a place to throw stones.

I feel like if people aren't going to have a sense of civic responsibility then it goes both ways. It's the whole car window theory thing. I wouldn't have done my laundry had that woman learned to talk on the phone and close doors like a normal human being.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
door to door sales maor Business & entrepreneur 20 24.02.2012 21:40
Swiss complaint notes got nothin' on the US TheSpouse Daily life 2 25.08.2011 08:30
Cocaine Use, measured in notes... sharkey International affairs/politics 20 13.05.2011 15:35
Looking for a door to door delivery service in Switzerland david32 Daily life 7 09.10.2010 21:02
Counterfeit 50 CHF notes Natasha Daily life 42 29.11.2009 19:02


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0