Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 25.02.2012, 22:55
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vaud
Posts: 36
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 16 Times in 8 Posts
junecm has no particular reputation at present
Mind your own business ( parking spot issue )

I went to this Les Pleiades for 4th times since the ski season starts. You can't drive your car all the way up to the peak (where the ski station is!). The last stop is at Lally. Then we have to take a train for 1 stop. This place have very few parking space near the train station.

You can park you car further, but you have to walk a little. They reserve a place for people to make a 3 point turn. BUT this place is occupied by car or van all the time.

Today when we were there this restricted car park (for 3 point turn) was empty, so we were in dilema whether to park or not.... We decided to park because we seen this place was taken many times!

GUESS what, when we return from our ski, we saw 2 notes on our screen, saying something like, no parking zone etc.. I am a little mad because why can't I park like other?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 25.02.2012, 23:01
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,491
Groaned at 655 Times in 417 Posts
Thanked 16,388 Times in 6,379 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mind your own business ( parking spot issue )

Quote:
View Post
I went to this Les Pleiades for 4th times since the ski season starts. You can't drive your car all the way up to the peak (where the ski station is!). The last stop is at Lally. Then we have to take a train for 1 stop. This place have very few parking space near the train station.

You can park you car further, but you have to walk a little. They reserve a place for people to make a 3 point turn. BUT this place is occupied by car or van all the time.

Today when we were there this restricted car park (for 3 point turn) was empty, so we were in dilema whether to park or not.... We decided to park because we seen this place was taken many times!

GUESS what, when we return from our ski, we saw 2 notes on our screen, saying something like, no parking zone etc.. I am a little mad because why can't I park like other?
Did the other cars which parked there have fancy decals saying "Polizei" all over the side?
Jokes aside, it is hard to determine from your post why exactly the other cars were allowed to park there and yours wasn't. I'd say, just be glad that you didn't get a ticket or get towed away.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank lost_inbroad for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 25.02.2012, 23:08
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vaud
Posts: 36
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 16 Times in 8 Posts
junecm has no particular reputation at present
Re: Mind your own business ( parking spot issue )

Quote:
View Post
Did the other cars which parked there have fancy decals saying "Polizei" all over the side?
Jokes aside, it is hard to determine from your post why exactly the other cars were allowed to park there and yours wasn't. I'd say, just be glad that you didn't get a ticket or get towed away.
I know I was lucky that I did not get parking ticket or towed away. I saw cars are parked on bikes parking space as well, in front of the working area for people to clean up the snow. I just do not understand how those people can get away with it? Perhaps they could smell my ENGLISH SPEAKING CAR?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26.02.2012, 00:50
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pully
Posts: 426
Groaned at 50 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 184 Times in 106 Posts
muffin is considered a nuisancemuffin is considered a nuisancemuffin is considered a nuisance
Re: Mind your own business ( parking spot issue )

Quote:
View Post
I went to this Les Pleiades for 4th times since the ski season starts. You can't drive your car all the way up to the peak (where the ski station is!). The last stop is at Lally. Then we have to take a train for 1 stop. This place have very few parking space near the train station.

You can park you car further, but you have to walk a little. They reserve a place for people to make a 3 point turn. BUT this place is occupied by car or van all the time.

Today when we were there this restricted car park (for 3 point turn) was empty, so we were in dilema whether to park or not.... We decided to park because we seen this place was taken many times!

GUESS what, when we return from our ski, we saw 2 notes on our screen, saying something like, no parking zone etc.. I am a little mad because why can't I park like other?

I guess because "two wrongs doesn't make one right"......
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank muffin for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nosy "concierge"--Mind your own beeswax (French) tearley Language corner 81 09.07.2011 18:20
Should we mind our own business? [how the forum is moderated] wpp1 Forum support 3 05.12.2009 20:42
People should just mind their own business... barbie0676 Complaints corner 9 03.10.2007 23:49
Setting up your own business - evening classes? Angelpop Business & entrepreneur 27 10.08.2006 11:49


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0