English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Complaints corner (https://www.englishforum.ch/complaints-corner/)
-   -   Babyjoe.ch beware! (https://www.englishforum.ch/complaints-corner/146202-babyjoe-ch-beware.html)

kri 26.05.2012 13:16

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wollishofener (Post 1567929)
So that they do what is the NORM in industry ! To delete negative inputs and so have a nice "rating" :D do you really believe in the scrap elsewhere ?

Guess i am naive :-(

amch 26.05.2012 18:41

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
I had a very good experience with Babyjoe just this past week. I ordered a babygate, received order confirmation right away, shipping confirmation in 4 days and actual shipment was delivered within a week. Easy and reasonably priced.

Wollishofener 28.05.2012 09:41

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by amch (Post 1568068)
I had a very good experience with Babyjoe just this past week. I ordered a babygate, received order confirmation right away, shipping confirmation in 4 days and actual shipment was delivered within a week. Easy and reasonably priced.

Another proof of the fact that things in any company can go right and wrong. It is obvious that if something starts to go wrong it will continue to go wrong or even deteriorate

If you, in whatever function, manage to get a problem under control, you will get the respect of the customer. Things often do not depend on the companies as a whole but on the singple person(s) in charge

suissa 01.06.2012 21:21

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wollishofener (Post 1567929)
So that they do what is the NORM in industry ! To delete negative inputs and so have a nice "rating" :D do you really believe in the scrap elsewhere ?

Not all web shops are the same, I assure you that bad reputation spreads quickly. Do you think that sites such as Amazon, eBay or trip advisor would have reached critical mass of customers by telling lies or hiding bad ratings?

Kirsty8134 01.06.2012 22:37

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
I also recently had good experience with an order for a buggy board placed through Babyjoe.ch. Very timely responses and delivery.

Yurona 18.10.2012 11:11

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
I.'m currently waiting for an item ordered more than 4 weeks ago ( item was marked " in stock"). No replies to my emails......

TheMorgans 26.10.2012 11:55

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yurona (Post 1691645)
I.'m currently waiting for an item ordered more than 4 weeks ago ( item was marked " in stock"). No replies to my emails......

We had a really terrible experience with Babyjoe and I thought I might share it with you :)

8 weeks ago, we ordered a pram from Babyjoe and paid in advance. (It's not a small amount of money... but since it worked perfectly fine with 4mybaby several times, so we thought the same would apply to Babyjoe)

So the pram is supposed to ship within 3-5 Working days...

We waited 2 weeks before calling them, since we didn't get any notice or the pram. I told the hotline, what was going on and the guy hung up on me. After this, nobody would pick up the phone. It took me a whole day to reach someone from Babyjoe again. Then they said that they don't have the pram and that I could cancel the order.

I suggested that they'd send me an E-mail with the cancellation confirmation. Another 2 days of calling and I received the E-mail, yay!

In the E-mail it says that I should give them my account details, so that they'd refund the amount.

Now, 5 week later, still no money in sight.

Now, we've informed the police in Wil (St. Gallen) and the Betreibungsamt.

Yurona 28.10.2012 14:28

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
U'm also still waitign for my order - didn't pay in advance though, and its not essential stuff, so I'm annoyed ( and certainly will never use them again), but otherwise not too bothered.

ElggDK 28.10.2012 14:38

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
I have said it before and will gladly repeat it again....NEVER NEVER NEVER pay in advance.....NEVER.

Take your business elsewhere. There is always another supplier.


Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMorgans (Post 1697704)
We had a really terrible experience with Babyjoe and I thought I might share it with you :)

8 weeks ago, we ordered a pram from Babyjoe and paid in advance. (It's not a small amount of money... but since it worked perfectly fine with 4mybaby several times, so we thought the same would apply to Babyjoe)

So the pram is supposed to ship within 3-5 Working days...

We waited 2 weeks before calling them, since we didn't get any notice or the pram. I told the hotline, what was going on and the guy hung up on me. After this, nobody would pick up the phone. It took me a whole day to reach someone from Babyjoe again. Then they said that they don't have the pram and that I could cancel the order.

I suggested that they'd send me an E-mail with the cancellation confirmation. Another 2 days of calling and I received the E-mail, yay!

In the E-mail it says that I should give them my account details, so that they'd refund the amount.

Now, 5 week later, still no money in sight.

Now, we've informed the police in Wil (St. Gallen) and the Betreibungsamt.


TheMorgans 28.10.2012 14:53

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElggDK (Post 1699245)
I have said it before and will gladly repeat it again....NEVER NEVER NEVER pay in advance.....NEVER.

Take your business elsewhere. There is always another supplier.

Lesson learnt, and yes fortunately there are more shops around... BUT: We thought it doesn't hurt if more people know about their practices.

ElggDK 28.10.2012 15:25

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMorgans (Post 1699251)
Lesson learnt, and yes fortunately there are more shops around... BUT: We thought it doesn't hurt if more people know about their practices.

I appreciate your concern.

In Denmark web-shops can get a certain official quality approval (quality in terms of business moral) and if you apply and get approved for this approval, you are not allowed to offer your customers to pay up front. Too much protection to my taste but normally rules are not establish without a course so apparently a lot of businesses have received pay and not delivered over the years.

annas 27.11.2012 13:12

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
I am waiting for my money to be paid back far too long, after the delayed too much a delivery that I had to cancel the order.
If anyone knows what can I actually do to speed the process, I would very much appreciate. Did it actually help to call the police or the Betreibungsamt?

kri 27.11.2012 15:04

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by annas (Post 1729198)
I am waiting for my money to be paid back far too long, after the delayed too much a delivery that I had to cancel the order.
If anyone knows what can I actually do to speed the process, I would very much appreciate. Did it actually help to call the police or the Betreibungsamt?

How long have you waited? If it is not a big amaount and less than 30 days I would just wait.

They are obviously really crap and going down the drain....

Guess it is a matter of time before they shut

rob1 27.11.2012 15:08

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by annas (Post 1729198)
I am waiting for my money to be paid back far too long, after the delayed too much a delivery that I had to cancel the order.
If anyone knows what can I actually do to speed the process, I would very much appreciate. Did it actually help to call the police or the Betreibungsamt?

send them a mail saying you want an instant refund or you will issue a betribung, wait 2 or 3 days and then do it.

miss_bean 01.10.2013 21:53

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
Hi
Just wanted to share my positive feedback about babyjoe
ordered the dondolo hängematte from them, ordered it on sunday evening, And was positively surprised to get my courier today (Tuesday afternoon)
Probably they have improved or may be I was plain lucky!

TheMorgans 18.11.2013 20:44

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
Sorry for the late reply, life with a baby is a bit insane :)

We got our money back in the end, however, only AFTER I've issued a Betreibung and a complaint at the police. The officer was familiar with the practice of this company, stating that if you pay in advance, they simply do not deliver.

We had to wait 8 weeks for the mess to be sorted out.

However, if you simply order and click "Auf Rechnung", then it should be straight forward, because they want you to pay their bill...

So, we'll never order from this shop again and will share our experience with everyone we know and don't know :rolleyes:

Harrie Nak 11.01.2015 08:37

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
Bumping an old thread as it seems Babjoe still hasn't got their sh*t together.

Bought and instantly paid a grand worth of baby furniture a week ago, but have yet to hear back (even after asking about the status).
The stuff was listed as being in stock, however now is listed as having a 4-6 weeks delivery time. It better be because of my order...

PS: Even though they advertise offering buying on account, I did not have this option when ordering. Maybe that's because I chose to order without creating an account on their website.

Mrs. Doolittle 11.01.2015 15:16

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
Maybe if you read this thread first, you may have thought twice about ordering from them.

Hope you are able to resolve the problem.

Harrie Nak 11.01.2015 17:02

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Doolittle (Post 2316374)
Maybe if you read this thread first, you may have thought twice about ordering from them.

Hope you are able to resolve the problem.

No shit?

I was naive enough to follow colleague's advices to order there, without trying to first dig up a 2.5 year old thread and decide otherwise.

Google cache still shows the items were listed as in stock when I ordered (which I made a screenshot of / will print out).
I'll give them till the end of the month to come up with the goods or my money, before I will file a Betreibung.

Harrie Nak 21.01.2015 13:24

Re: Babyjoe.ch beware!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrie Nak (Post 2316042)
Bumping an old thread as it seems Babjoe still hasn't got their sh*t together.

Bought and instantly paid a grand worth of baby furniture a week ago, but have yet to hear back (even after asking about the status).
The stuff was listed as being in stock, however now is listed as having a 4-6 weeks delivery time. It better be because of my order...

PS: Even though they advertise offering buying on account, I did not have this option when ordering. Maybe that's because I chose to order without creating an account on their website.

How wrong I was!

It took me a phone call, but two weeks after my order was paid the goods were delivered. The friendly gentlemen even helped me carry the stuff up!

So to sum things up the only thing that Babyjoe in my opinion should improve is communication (also looking at the fact that I got a "Versandbestätigung" email AFTER my furniture was delivered).


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:45.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0