Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #261  
Old 08.12.2016, 18:56
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 5,489
Groaned at 62 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 5,702 Times in 3,063 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss Stare

Quote:
View Post
swiss people as a general,are very uptight: one can walk down the street and fart a bit too loud,everybody will turn around and acting shocked ;-)
why don't you just clear your throat thoroughly and spit on the street to cover the sound.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #262  
Old 08.12.2016, 19:12
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 6,373
Groaned at 221 Times in 172 Posts
Thanked 7,895 Times in 4,263 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss Stare

Quote:
View Post
i believe,it comes from the narrow minded mentality from the swiss: if some one doesnt "fit" into the 08/15 stereotype upright and prissy look of a swiss bloke (conservative haircut-preferrably parting in the hair,moustache,pleat-front trousers,loafers,etc); then they will stare because one looks "different" than they do.
.
Oh yes, because the rest of us all worldly people are sooo open-minded! (as this forum clearly shows)
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #263  
Old 08.12.2016, 20:10
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: baden
Posts: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
anotherswiss has become a little unpopularanotherswiss has become a little unpopular
Re: Swiss Stare

Hi
I was born in switzerland and lived over 30 years in switzerland.
I confirm, that it is really special in switzerland, that people stare.
I myself do not have a real explanaition for this. I can remember that when I was younger, that was less a problem.
Maybe, because there are more and more people (just the number) the swiss feels (a little .. I don't think it's a big thing) uncomfortable. 'Caus swiss used to feel themselfs discreet (and comfortable with that). That's getting more difficult nowadays.....
I feel it is disturbing to (not allways, but more often).
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 08.12.2016, 20:28
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: ZH
Posts: 17
Groaned at 27 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Inochka has become a little unpopularInochka has become a little unpopular
Re: Swiss Stare

Quote:
View Post
Hi
I was born in switzerland and lived over 30 years in switzerland.
I confirm, that it is really special in switzerland, that people stare.
I myself do not have a real explanaition for this. I can remember that when I was younger, that was less a problem.
Maybe, because there are more and more people (just the number) the swiss feels (a little .. I don't think it's a big thing) uncomfortable. 'Caus swiss used to feel themselfs discreet (and comfortable with that). That's getting more difficult nowadays.....
I feel it is disturbing to (not allways, but more often).
Exaclty. And I personally can actually feel that HATE towards foreigners behind those looks! But honestly this is all due to personal frustration mainly and a desire to attack someone
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users groan at Inochka for this post:
  #265  
Old 08.12.2016, 20:30
roegner's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 6,211
Groaned at 198 Times in 173 Posts
Thanked 6,565 Times in 3,324 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss Stare

Quote:
View Post
Exaclty. And I personally can actually feel that HATE towards foreigners behind those looks! But honestly this is all due to personal frustration mainly and a desire to attack someone
And donīt you think people may see your frustration and desire to attack someone and react to that?

How do you recognize hate in those looks??
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 08.12.2016, 20:30
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 5,489
Groaned at 62 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 5,702 Times in 3,063 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss Stare

Quote:
View Post
Oh yes, because the rest of us all worldly people are sooo open-minded! (as this forum clearly shows)
Are you? I don't know as I'm Swiss, stereotype upright and prissy look of a swiss bloke, conservative haircut-preferrably parting in the hair,moustache,pleat-front trousers,loafers,etc
........ hang on, I'm not a bloke, does that make a difference? Ah right as he mentioned somewhere I'm common. Or was it bland?

and I always thought I was stared at because I was so pretty ...... ah well ....
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #267  
Old 08.12.2016, 20:41
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: ZH
Posts: 17
Groaned at 27 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Inochka has become a little unpopularInochka has become a little unpopular
Re: Swiss Stare

Wrong. If you fart on the street, noone will notice, and would definitely not stare because of that. They stare out of psychological agression. Swiss like to psychologically abuse others - my personal opinion based on over 15 yrs in this country..

Quote:
View Post
first of all; i thought the author of this thread was/is an (attractive) female being annoyed by people staring at her ;-)
Apart from that,theres always somebody staring: either at your food and/or while and how you`re eating.

swiss people as a general,are very uptight: one can walk down the street and fart a bit too loud,everybody will turn around and acting shocked ;-)

and yes,im "new" here.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users groan at Inochka for this post:
  #268  
Old 08.12.2016, 20:47
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 5,489
Groaned at 62 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 5,702 Times in 3,063 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss Stare

WTF??!!
An other thread was revived today: Why can't you look people in the eyes anymore? [aggression in Swiss society]

What did I learn here today? If one is Swiss, one can't win.
Yeah, well, at least I laughed a lot today.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #269  
Old 08.12.2016, 20:49
Dougal's Breakfast's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 16,555
Groaned at 1,063 Times in 822 Posts
Thanked 44,083 Times in 13,632 Posts
Dougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss Stare

Quote:
View Post
Wrong. If you fart on the street, noone will notice, and would definitely not stare because of that. They stare out of psychological agression. Swiss like to psychologically abuse others - my personal opinion based on over 15 yrs in this country..
Unlike Russians who just use good old fashioned tanks and bombs to abuse others, oder?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Dougal's Breakfast for this useful post:
  #270  
Old 08.12.2016, 20:53
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: ZH
Posts: 17
Groaned at 27 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Inochka has become a little unpopularInochka has become a little unpopular
Re: Swiss Stare

Quote:
View Post
And donīt you think people may see your frustration and desire to attack someone and react to that?

How do you recognize hate in those looks??
Here you go, this is also typical swiss to turn everything around and blame others for own faults. I dont stare at other people, hence I am not into attacking anyone. And why should someone react to me if I am not doing anything, who gives them that right?? If I personally see someone just frustrated, I would probably feel sympathy, definitely not attack, but according to you the swiss people like to attack (or how you put it react to) other people only coz they perceive them as frustrated or ill somehow??
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users groan at Inochka for this post:
  #271  
Old 08.12.2016, 20:55
roegner's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 6,211
Groaned at 198 Times in 173 Posts
Thanked 6,565 Times in 3,324 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss Stare

Quote:
View Post
Here you go, this is also typical swiss to turn everything around and blame others for own faults. I dont stare at other people, hence I am not into attacking anyone. And why should someone react to me if I am not doing anything, who gives them that right?? If I personally see someone just frustrated, I would probably feel sympathy, definitely not attack, but according to you the swiss people like to attack (or how you put it react to) other people only coz they perceive them as frustrated or ill somehow??
Typical Swiss??? You are way off base here and did not even understand what I wrote.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank roegner for this useful post:
  #272  
Old 08.12.2016, 21:04
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: ZH
Posts: 17
Groaned at 27 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Inochka has become a little unpopularInochka has become a little unpopular
Re: Swiss Stare

Quote:
View Post
Unlike Russians who just use good old fashioned tanks and bombs to abuse others, oder?
why dont you come with actual arguments and not just stupid empty accusations, that have nothing to do with the subject. Switzerland has the biggest amount of psychiatrists per capita in Europe, probably in the world.. They all need work.. You are either swiss, or you did not face psychological abuse in this country. Or you became like a swiss yourself. When you criticize they would tell you right away "then just leave". Same thing you did now, intimidating me with those bombs of yours..
but no desire talking to you anymore, dear "Angel".. BTW UK, EU, Switzerland all sell arms very actively to middle East, those arms kill people daily.. just in case you did not know..
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users groan at Inochka for this post:
  #273  
Old 08.12.2016, 21:13
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: ZH
Posts: 17
Groaned at 27 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Inochka has become a little unpopularInochka has become a little unpopular
Re: Swiss Stare

Quote:
View Post
Typical Swiss??? You are way off base here and did not even understand what I wrote.
what did I not understand? My idea was people feel frustrated and stare coz dont want to control themselves. You told me people stare at me (you were talking about me explicitly) coz they feel I am frustrated and want to attack them! And I said No, its ill fantasy. I dont think i missunderstood smth, but its ok dont worry.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Inochka for this post:
  #274  
Old 08.12.2016, 21:16
roegner's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 6,211
Groaned at 198 Times in 173 Posts
Thanked 6,565 Times in 3,324 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss Stare

Quote:
View Post
what did I not understand? My idea was people feel frustrated and stare coz dont want to control themselves. You told me people stare at me (you were talking about me explicitly) coz they feel I am frustrated and want to attack them! And I said No, its ill fantasy. I dont think i missunderstood smth, but its ok dont worry.
No, I just asked whether the cause could be that. But as you seem fairly frustrated in anything you write here, feel free to interpret what you want
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank roegner for this useful post:
  #275  
Old 08.12.2016, 21:32
Dougal's Breakfast's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 16,555
Groaned at 1,063 Times in 822 Posts
Thanked 44,083 Times in 13,632 Posts
Dougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss Stare

Quote:
View Post
why dont you come with actual arguments and not just stupid empty accusations, that have nothing to do with the subject. Switzerland has the biggest amount of psychiatrists per capita in Europe, probably in the world.. They all need work.. You are either swiss, or you did not face psychological abuse in this country. Or you became like a swiss yourself. When you criticize they would tell you right away "then just leave". Same thing you did now, intimidating me with those bombs of yours..
but no desire talking to you anymore, dear "Angel".. BTW UK, EU, Switzerland all sell arms very actively to middle East, those arms kill people daily.. just in case you did not know..
If you feel intimidated by a few words on the internet, maybe it's you who needs a psychiatrist?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Dougal's Breakfast for this useful post:
  #276  
Old 08.12.2016, 21:33
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: ZH
Posts: 17
Groaned at 27 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Inochka has become a little unpopularInochka has become a little unpopular
Re: Swiss Stare

Quote:
View Post
No, I just asked whether the cause could be that. But as you seem fairly frustrated in anything you write here, feel free to interpret what you want
You attacked me supposing the reason for staring was in me, while this is obviously not so, I am not the only one who experienced that. The discussion was about smth else, and you turn it into a discussion about me - not nice. Its the same on the train, you just ride on the train and then someone becomes personal with you suddenly, although we were just supposed to ride on the train, weird, agree? But you dont seem to agree.. I actually dont understand why you write on this topic if you yourself have no ideas and all you can think of is a victim-blaming? pls dont bother to answer, its so boring in here, that I will delete my account right after I created it hehe )
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users groan at Inochka for this post:
  #277  
Old 08.12.2016, 21:35
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: ZH
Posts: 17
Groaned at 27 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Inochka has become a little unpopularInochka has become a little unpopular
Re: Swiss Stare

Quote:
View Post
If you feel intimidated by a few words on the internet, maybe it's you who needs a psychiatrist?
No you are just boring, insulting and attacking people. Go f*** yourself
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users groan at Inochka for this post:
  #278  
Old 08.12.2016, 21:38
kriss kross's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: BE
Posts: 204
Groaned at 93 Times in 61 Posts
Thanked 1,636 Times in 765 Posts
kriss kross has earned the respect of manykriss kross has earned the respect of manykriss kross has earned the respect of many
Re: Swiss Stare

*eating popcorn meme*
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 08.12.2016, 21:47
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 22,210
Groaned at 1,167 Times in 914 Posts
Thanked 25,096 Times in 12,012 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss Stare

Quote:
View Post
its so boring in here, that I will delete my account right after I created it hehe )
Ha ha ha.

You CAN'T!

Tom
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #280  
Old 08.12.2016, 21:49
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 22,210
Groaned at 1,167 Times in 914 Posts
Thanked 25,096 Times in 12,012 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Swiss Stare

Quote:
View Post
*eating popcorn meme*
It's Friday somewhere!

Tom
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
People often stare/look in a strange way at Women with hijab 4_Ni_Ma International affairs/politics 176 14.06.2013 19:50
Swiss justice Minister: Foreign residents should learn a Swiss language cdcdoc Swiss politics/news 189 16.02.2012 23:31
Has EF made you more Swiss than the Swiss? IronAngle General off-topic 7 17.08.2011 18:35
Immigration/Swiss authorities will remove swiss Bank foreign employees HAT Permits/visas/government 42 21.02.2011 16:08
Swiss German, Swiss Italian, Swiss French? yuhu Language corner 34 05.05.2009 14:48


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0