English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Complaints corner (https://www.englishforum.ch/complaints-corner/)
-   -   Big girls need to suck it up (https://www.englishforum.ch/complaints-corner/227288-big-girls-need-suck-up.html)

surfmase 05.02.2015 14:19

Big girls need to suck it up
 
I just saw this article in the 20min http://www.20min.ch/finance/news/sto...d-BHs-16397853 had to rant about it.

The jist of it is that big girls are feeling left out that Victorias Secret doesn't offer large undies. Hey, if they don't have what you want, buy someplace else. (logically they must be doing this already anyhow) Cast your economic vote for the company that can fulfill your needs instead of wining about it. Someone is quoted saying that their money is good enough to buy victorias secret, but since they can only buy lotion and not undies, that their body is not good enough. YES! That is exactly what they are saying, so what are you going to do about it? Obviously these people are jealous because they also want to look sexy in some vic sec undies but instead of doing something themselves they are complaining and hoping to change this company's product range.

Then the next step is to of course complain about the fashion show because all of the models are thin. I am no marketing guru, but this tactic would have been covered in marketing 101. Then they ask some expert his opinion who says: (read this part with a really pompous nerdy voice) well this will cause certain people to develop eating disorders. Hey, just a though, perhaps the person who fills themselves with food because they are depressed has ALREADY developed an eating disorder.

And to return to the topic of marketing it is clear that Victorias Secret has a path and knows what they are doing. There may be a huge void in the underwear business for bigger girls. But I can only imagine that this would be a huge challenge. Hey for shits and giggles lets say its a huge success, Stephanie's Secret successfully makes sexy undies for big girls. What do you say when the thin girls start complaining that Stephanie's only has plus sizes?

So to wrap this up. These complainers should be doing one of two things other than crying about it. 1) slim down yourself because deep down you wish you had the body of the victorias secret model. and because being excessively big is truly unhealthy. or 2) buy undies somewhere else.

Now I already knew when I typed the title that copious amounts of groans would be headed my way, and I have purposely laid down a heavy dose of "hatin on big girls" mostly to amuse myself. I just wanted to clarify that I truly do not care if someone is big or small. I just hate cry babies.

Castro 05.02.2015 14:26

Re: Big girls need to suck it up
 
I don't know what I was expecting to read/see when I opened this thread, but suffice to say I am a little disappointed :msnsad:

Jobsrobertsharpii 05.02.2015 14:29

Re: Big girls need to suck it up
 
https://i0.wp.com/media.tumblr.com/t...pOl1rp9pig.gif

Kittster 05.02.2015 14:32

Re: Big girls need to suck it up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Castro (Post 2334856)
I don't know what I was expecting to read/see when I opened this thread, but suffice to say I am a little disappointed :msnsad:

Did you base your non-specified expectations on the "trying harder" hypothesis by any chance? ;)

I other news, VS used to make cool stuff, I still have some in my drawers, but their newer stuff distinctly fails to thrill me. And don't even get me started on their hideous "perfumes", they make my eyes water with their supreme cheap trashiness.

k_and_e 05.02.2015 14:42

Re: Big girls need to suck it up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by surfmase (Post 2334847)
I just saw this article in the 20min http://www.20min.ch/finance/news/sto...d-BHs-16397853 had to rant about it.

The jist of it is that big girls are feeling left out that Victorias Secret doesn't offer large undies. Hey, if they don't have what you want, buy someplace else. (logically they must be doing this already anyhow) Cast your economic vote for the company that can fulfill your needs instead of wining about it. Someone is quoted saying that their money is good enough to buy victorias secret, but since they can only buy lotion and not undies, that their body is not good enough. YES! That is exactly what they are saying, so what are you going to do about it? Obviously these people are jealous because they also want to look sexy in some vic sec undies but instead of doing something themselves they are complaining and hoping to change this company's product range.

Then the next step is to of course complain about the fashion show because all of the models are thin. I am no marketing guru, but this tactic would have been covered in marketing 101. Then they ask some expert his opinion who says: (read this part with a really pompous nerdy voice) well this will cause certain people to develop eating disorders. Hey, just a though, perhaps the person who fills themselves with food because they are depressed has ALREADY developed an eating disorder.

And to return to the topic of marketing it is clear that Victorias Secret has a path and knows what they are doing. There may be a huge void in the underwear business for bigger girls. But I can only imagine that this would be a huge challenge. Hey for shits and giggles lets say its a huge success, Stephanie's Secret successfully makes sexy undies for big girls. What do you say when the thin girls start complaining that Stephanie's only has plus sizes?

So to wrap this up. These complainers should be doing one of two things other than crying about it. 1) slim down yourself because deep down you wish you had the body of the victorias secret model. and because being excessively big is truly unhealthy. or 2) buy undies somewhere else.

Now I already knew when I typed the title that copious amounts of groans would be headed my way, and I have purposely laid down a heavy dose of "hatin on big girls" mostly to amuse myself. I just wanted to clarify that I truly do not care if someone is big or small. I just hate cry babies.

i got tired of reading this in the middle of the second paragraph.
what is it about?

Leggat 05.02.2015 14:45

Re: Big girls need to suck it up
 
The ladies dainties industry has not always been so. The stories I would hear from my great uncle, who worked 30 long years in the underwear factory in my hometown, as a diesel fitter.

Fabric would come in, be cut to pattern by a room full of ladies. On to the stiching department, and through quality control, where my uncle's job took place. He'd take random undies, give them a once over, a good stretch, and pronounce: Yep! Deese'l fit'er!

Guest 05.02.2015 14:46

Re: Big girls need to suck it up
 
This is old news. We've been talking about the general lack of decent bras for larger breasts in Switzerland for ages in another thread.

VS makes cheap crap anyway, meh.

dajegas 05.02.2015 14:54

Re: Big girls need to suck it up
 
Quote:

This is old news. We've been talking about the general lack of decent bras for larger breasts in Switzerland for ages in another thread.

VS makes cheap crap anyway, meh.
Here is where one would expect pictures for proof :pimp:

Mikers 05.02.2015 14:56

Re: Big girls need to suck it up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by surfmase (Post 2334847)
Hey, just a thought, perhaps the person who fills themselves with food because they are depressed has ALREADY developed an eating disorder .

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfmase (Post 2334847)
These complainers should be doing one of two things other than crying about it. 1) slim down yourself because deep down you wish you had the body of the victorias secret model.

Have you considered a career in counselling ?

Guest 05.02.2015 14:56

Re: Big girls need to suck it up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dajegas (Post 2334898)
Here is where one would expect pictures for proof :pimp:


Voyeur!

The_Love_Doctor 05.02.2015 14:57

Re: Big girls need to suck it up
 
Complaint corner FAIL :rolleyes:

You're complaining about "over-sized" chicks complaining about Victoria Secret not catering for their needs. Who's the cry baby now?! :D

surfmase 05.02.2015 15:01

Re: Big girls need to suck it up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikers (Post 2334902)
Have you considered a career in counselling ?

Yeah, let me start with some advice for the love doctor... Go jump off a cliff, this is my rant.

dodgyken 05.02.2015 15:02

Re: Big girls need to suck it up
 
Is anyone else disturbed when they see young girls (10-13) walking round with VS bags?

dajegas 05.02.2015 15:03

Re: Big girls need to suck it up
 
Quote:

Voyeur!
Not in the least!
Only innocent need to assess the exact discrepancy between the current offer and demand. :angel:

Tom1234 05.02.2015 15:04

Re: Big girls need to suck it up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dajegas (Post 2334911)
Not in the least!
Only innocent need to assess the exact discrepancy between the current offer and demand. :angel:

You can check out the Lidl stuff instead on another thread

Does Lidl cater for the more volumptious ladies?

dodgyken 05.02.2015 15:06

Re: Big girls need to suck it up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Love_Doctor (Post 2334906)
Complaint corner FAIL :rolleyes:

You're complaining about "over-sized" chicks complaining about Victoria Secret not catering for their needs. Who's the cry baby now?! :D

The PC term is fatty-chub-chub :D

surfmase 05.02.2015 15:08

Re: Big girls need to suck it up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom1234 (Post 2334913)
You can check out the Lidl stuff instead on another thread

Does Lidl cater for the more volumptious ladies?

nope, dajegas and I would prefer if you tried again.

Tom1234 05.02.2015 15:32

Re: Big girls need to suck it up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by surfmase (Post 2334919)
nope, dajegas and I would prefer if you tried again.


I'm sure you can find your own soft porn on the web. :rolleyes:

NotAllThere 05.02.2015 15:40

Re: Big girls need to suck it up
 
Quote:

This is old news. We've been talking about the general lack of decent bras for larger breasts in Switzerland for ages in another thread. ..
Definitely our finding, when we were try to get hold of a bra to construct the Dame's breasts in last year's Basel Panto.

dodgyken 05.02.2015 15:41

Re: Big girls need to suck it up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom1234 (Post 2334942)
I'm sure you can find your own soft porn on the web. :rolleyes:

Not found any of that!!!

Loads of hard stuff though

:D:eek::cool:


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:41.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0