Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #541  
Old 01.11.2016, 16:37
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,871
Groaned at 179 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 6,154 Times in 3,378 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Cannot dear, as an emigrant yourself you'd be among the last persons in the world entitled to look down to immigrants, even if it's about your native country. Especially when they were issued the right to stay here by the immigration authorities, mind their own business, pay (lots of) taxes and contribute to the community. I think you have lost that right long time ago, and honestly, Switzerland still does a good job with selection, at least in general...OP and his trolling behaviour aside.
You've made lots of insulting posts since you joined this forum. Maybe it's a way to reconnect with your old country, or to feel empowered, who knows. But if you choose to spend some time here and not on online platforms related to Canada, as it would be normal, it would be a better idea to be more supportive to the whole immigration in Switzerland thing. Whom you like or dislike has 0 importance, trust me. We all have to put up with each other.
Some nice poster (you know who you are) send me a kind PM about the whole thing. You enjoy a lot of sympathy here - understandable, but that alone does not mean you're entitled to be as rude as you can and always get away with it.

Have a nice day.

Nice! You talk about my language skill ! My advice to you , keep your day job , don't write any books . Your not a " Lucy Maud Montgomery" yet
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank cannut for this useful post:
  #542  
Old 01.11.2016, 16:48
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,871
Groaned at 179 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 6,154 Times in 3,378 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
I still think Irish people are nice. Obviously you are not one of them! Or you are just trying to endear yourself to your bullying buddies.

Oh and yes, seeing you being thanked by the bullying lot was indeed my clue. Pots and kettles comes to mind. Or birds of a feather. Or, whatever.

Your right My wife is Irish
Reply With Quote
  #543  
Old 01.11.2016, 17:06
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 851
Groaned at 129 Times in 67 Posts
Thanked 924 Times in 441 Posts
DerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
Is there a reason you felt the need to write this? Stop saying "ruffle your feathers" because that's not really what you're doing is it? You have a nice line in "opinion as fact" by the way. And three exclamation points do not mitigate the inherent mean-girl vibe to your posts.

And what JagWaugh says goes for me too. I deal with kids on a daily basis.
On a platform where -supposedly- grown-up people express their appreciation or the lack of it by "Thank"ing or "groan"ing respectively, I have to use exclamation marks and such "text speak" nonsense.

The reason I wrote this is because I think exactly THAT (notice the capital letters?) I wanted to say this even earlier but didn't want to be the "mean girl" but after her last post, I just couldn't resist. Why? Is she crying to you in a private message now?

I am getting bored of responding to the ever-increasing number of gang members here. What do you do, nudge each other via PMs and call for support?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank DerDieDas for this useful post:
  #544  
Old 01.11.2016, 17:09
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

No, there is no need- it is so obvious.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #545  
Old 01.11.2016, 17:11
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Lol... I'll say it again: rich people from shit countries.

Always the same.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #546  
Old 01.11.2016, 17:16
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,356
Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
On a platform where -supposedly- grown-up people express their appreciation or the lack of it by "Thank"ing or "groan"ing respectively, I have to use exclamation marks and such "text speak" nonsense.

The reason I wrote this is because I think exactly THAT (notice the capital letters?) I wanted to say this even earlier but didn't want to be the "mean girl" but after her last post, I just couldn't resist. Why? Is she crying to you in a private message now?

I am getting bored of responding to the ever-increasing number of gang members here. What do you do, nudge each other via PMs and call for support?
Attached Thumbnails
9-months-switzerland-honest-report-img_0872.jpg  
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Nil for this useful post:
  #547  
Old 01.11.2016, 17:16
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 851
Groaned at 129 Times in 67 Posts
Thanked 924 Times in 441 Posts
DerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Most Kedi (cat in Turkish) like to pretend they are big lions but spray a bit of water on them and they run for their lives..
Well Nil, I see you speak some Turkish in addition to your mediocre English. If that is the wittiest answer you can come up with, I would think twice before starting a war of words with anybody.

On another note...This thread is fast becoming a retort-fest so I would not bother answering until the OP comes back and puts us back on track.
Reply With Quote
  #548  
Old 01.11.2016, 17:17
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
On a platform where -supposedly- grown-up people express their appreciation or the lack of it by "Thank"ing or "groan"ing respectively, I have to use exclamation marks and such "text speak" nonsense.

The reason I wrote this is because I think exactly THAT (notice the capital letters?) I wanted to say this even earlier but didn't want to be the "mean girl" but after her last post, I just couldn't resist. Why? Is she crying to you in a private message now?

I am getting bored of responding to the ever-increasing number of gang members here. What do you do, nudge each other via PMs and call for support?
Are you twelve? Good grief.

Nah, I'm my own reinforcements. Always have been. Don't do gangs. They're silly.

This is a fun forum. It makes me laugh and shake my head in equal measure. For everyone who brings their own Big Spoon to stir the pot and call it self-righteousness, there are many, many more who prove time and time again that most people, when given the chance, are fundamentally decent. Irreverent and sarcastic maybe, but supportive and very, very kind. Or at least that's been my experience.

I would seriously like to know where this vitriol-soaked shoulder chip has come from. Or does any attention just feel grand? I think I feel a little sorry for you Kedi.

My English is just fine. Have at it.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #549  
Old 01.11.2016, 17:18
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 851
Groaned at 129 Times in 67 Posts
Thanked 924 Times in 441 Posts
DerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
Are you twelve? Good grief.

Nah, I'm my own reinforcements. Always have been. Don't do gangs. They're silly.

This is a fun forum. It makes me laugh and shake my head in equal measure. For everyone who brings their own Big Spoon to stir the pot and call it self-righteousness, there are many, many more who prove time and time again that most people, when given the chance, are fundamentally decent. Irreverent and sarcastic maybe, but supportive and very, very kind. Or at least that's been my experience.

I would seriously like to know where this vitriol-soaked shoulder chip has come from. Or does any attention just feel grand? I think I feel a little sorry for you Kedi.
You sound like one of those women who stick inspirational notes on their cork boards.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at DerDieDas for this post:
  #550  
Old 01.11.2016, 17:20
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 851
Groaned at 129 Times in 67 Posts
Thanked 924 Times in 441 Posts
DerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:

My English is just fine. Have at it.
Who said anything about your English?
Reply With Quote
  #551  
Old 01.11.2016, 17:21
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,356
Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Well Nil, I see you speak some Turkish in addition to your mediocre English. If that is the wittiest answer you can come up with, I would think twice before starting a war of words with anybody.

On another note...This thread is fast becoming a retort-fest so I would not bother answering until the OP comes back and puts us back on track.
I speak 5 languages fluently. Not bad for a ditzy girl, isn't it?

Ask olsun
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Nil for this useful post:
  #552  
Old 01.11.2016, 17:22
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 851
Groaned at 129 Times in 67 Posts
Thanked 924 Times in 441 Posts
DerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

JohltaVontra, where are you?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank DerDieDas for this useful post:
  #553  
Old 01.11.2016, 17:22
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,446
Groaned at 1,246 Times in 828 Posts
Thanked 19,593 Times in 7,567 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

A thread has rarely been more full of cringe than this one... *unsubscribes*
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
  #554  
Old 01.11.2016, 17:23
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 851
Groaned at 129 Times in 67 Posts
Thanked 924 Times in 441 Posts
DerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
I speak 5 languages fluently. Not bad for a ditzy girl, isn't it?

Ask olsun
You don't have to prove anything to me. I don't care anyway.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank DerDieDas for this useful post:
  #555  
Old 01.11.2016, 17:24
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 851
Groaned at 129 Times in 67 Posts
Thanked 924 Times in 441 Posts
DerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond reputeDerDieDas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
A thread has rarely been more full of cringe than this one... *unsubscribes*
I disagree, there have been a lot of even more cringeworthy threads. Some members of this forum lower everyone to their level.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank DerDieDas for this useful post:
  #556  
Old 01.11.2016, 17:25
JagWaugh's Avatar
RIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eglisau
Posts: 7,249
Groaned at 46 Times in 45 Posts
Thanked 14,131 Times in 5,506 Posts
JagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
On a platform where -supposedly- grown-up people express their appreciation or the lack of it by "Thank"ing or "groan"ing respectively, I have to use exclamation marks and such "text speak" nonsense.

The reason I wrote this is because I think exactly THAT (notice the capital letters?) I wanted to say this even earlier but didn't want to be the "mean girl" but after her last post, I just couldn't resist. Why? Is she crying to you in a private message now?

I am getting bored of responding to the ever-increasing number of gang members here. What do you do, nudge each other via PMs and call for support?
So, just so I'm sure I've understood you.
1) You're grown up, nobody else is.
2) The presence of a groan or thank button is some kind of a red flag for you.
3) Your textual cues require parenthetical clarifications.
4) You are allowed to write any form of personal abuse which you see fit, but no one else is, and if anyone takes you to task on that then they must be crying to each other in private and planning to gang up on you.

I can't quite put my finger on it... I don't think it is depression, as depressed people often lose the capacity for boredom. The presumption that there is a gang against you has just a whiff of paranoia... There is a sort of stated superiority, which is often to be found in people who's ignorance is only exceeded by their arrogance.

Did you go on a course to learn to be like this, or were you born this way?
__________________
If everyone you know agrees with you consistently, they are either not listening, or not capable of critical thought.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank JagWaugh for this useful post:
  #557  
Old 01.11.2016, 17:27
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,356
Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
So, just so I'm sure I've understood you.
1) You're grown up, nobody else is.
2) The presence of a groan or thank button is some kind of a red flag for you.
3) Your textual cues require parenthetical clarifications.
4) You are allowed to write any form of personal abuse which you see fit, but no one else is, and if anyone takes you to task on that then they must be crying to each other in private and planning to gang up on you.

I can't quite put my finger on it... I don't think it is depression, as depressed people often lose the capacity for boredom. The presumption that there is a gang against you has just a whiff of paranoia... There is a sort of stated superiority, which is often to be found in people who's ignorance is only exceeded by their arrogance.

Did you go on a course to learn to be like this, or were you born this way?
Wait, isn't Trump?
Reply With Quote
  #558  
Old 01.11.2016, 17:27
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,871
Groaned at 179 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 6,154 Times in 3,378 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Well Nil, I see you speak some Turkish in addition to your mediocre English. If that is the wittiest answer you can come up with, I would think twice before starting a war of words with anybody.

On another note...This thread is fast becoming a retort-fest so I would not bother answering until the OP comes back and puts us back on track.

Good thinking
Reply With Quote
  #559  
Old 01.11.2016, 17:29
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
You sound like one of those women who stick inspirational notes on their cork boards.


You've just made my husband snort tea onto his keyboard. Suffice it to say that I don't have a cork board.

I'd tell you what you sound like but my mother is under the impression she raised a lady.

I mentioned English because you seem to enjoy using it as a limp stick to wave at people.

You're funny. Continue.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #560  
Old 01.11.2016, 17:33
JagWaugh's Avatar
RIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eglisau
Posts: 7,249
Groaned at 46 Times in 45 Posts
Thanked 14,131 Times in 5,506 Posts
JagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 9 months in Switzerland - a honest report.

Quote:
View Post
Wait, isn't Trump?
I think the sentences are too long to be Trump, also no repetition of adjectives.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Foreign credit report in Switzerland??? nomand_ind Finance/banking/taxation 1 29.05.2012 11:07
Newbie report: 3 months silverburn Other/general 25 21.02.2012 13:00
Credit report in Switzerland HollidayG Finance/banking/taxation 7 04.01.2012 18:48
Where to report movie piracy in Switzerland? Mairi Other/general 38 23.10.2009 10:53
Honest opinions needed on life in Switzerland Tanya Daily life 1 24.03.2007 12:54


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0