English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Complaints corner (https://www.englishforum.ch/complaints-corner/)
-   -   Sexual Harassment from a minor? (https://www.englishforum.ch/complaints-corner/273270-sexual-harassment-minor.html)

popeyeolivexx 11.08.2017 08:26

Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
So there's this one kid in my neighborhood I think he's something like 10 to 12. Two days ago he followed me from the bus stop to my house (around 6 minutes) and i thought he lived in the same building or something. When i stopped in front of my door, he grabbed my butt and quickly cycled away. I was so shocked and mad at the same time. Yesterday he followed me to the bus stop AGAIN but luckily there was my neighbor at the bus stop so I told her what he did and he saw us and he cycled away. Today my boyfriend saw him following some Asian's girl again and my boyfriend ran after him but he was too fast to catch. We asked Coop employees they said they know this kid, because he often steals something from Coop. But no one knows who is his parent and where he lives.
I don't know if he only do this to Asian's women, but I don't want this to happen to me or anyone again, I feel so unsafe right now because he's not like a little kid, he's big and creepy. I heard that here in Switzerland kids are untouchable and also not guilty. Please can you advise me what I should do now, I only have the picture of his face and a video of him (but he's hiding his face)


I want to go to the police but i'm not sure if this problem is big enough maybe people think it's a prank? Or should I try to find out who is his parent and talk to them?

NotAllThere 11.08.2017 08:51

Re: Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
Carry a brick in your handbag perhaps?

I recommend you go an talk to the police.

PaddyG 11.08.2017 09:04

Re: Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
Yep, go to the police. Even if he's only a kid now, leaving this kind of behaviour unchecked can lead to worse things once he's is older and stronger.

Guest 11.08.2017 09:21

Re: Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by popeyeolivexx (Post 2829288)
So there's this one kid in my neighborhood I think he's something like 10 to 12. Two days ago he followed me from the bus stop to my house (around 6 minutes) and i thought he lived in the same building or something. When i stopped in front of my door, he grabbed my butt and quickly cycled away. I was so shocked and mad at the same time. Yesterday he followed me to the bus stop AGAIN but luckily there was my neighbor at the bus stop so I told her what he did and he saw us and he cycled away. Today my boyfriend saw him following some Asian's girl again and my boyfriend ran after him but he was too fast to catch. We asked Coop employees they said they know this kid, because he often steals something from Coop. But no one knows who is his parent and where he lives.
I don't know if he only do this to Asian's women, but I don't want this to happen to me or anyone again, I feel so unsafe right now because he's not like a little kid, he's big and creepy. I heard that here in Switzerland kids are untouchable and also not guilty. Please can you advise me what I should do now, I only have the picture of his face and a video of him (but he's hiding his face)


I want to go to the police but i'm not sure if this problem is big enough maybe people think it's a prank? Or should I try to find out who is his parent and talk to them?

Definately not a prank, go to the police and make an official compalint, mention the bit about the Coop (to get them involved) and show them just the photo of his face. Taking a video may be in breach of privacy laws, a photo can be construed as protecting yourself as you gave it to the police for identification purposes.

hannah'sauntie 11.08.2017 09:40

Re: Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
Isn't there a thread somewhere about another young woman having a similar problem with a minor? I wonder if it's the same boy? Can't find the thread though.

Blueangel 11.08.2017 10:01

Re: Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hannah'sauntie (Post 2829333)
Isn't there a thread somewhere about another young woman having a similar problem with a minor? I wonder if it's the same boy? Can't find the thread though.

This is the thread...

https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-li...olice-not.html

Please call the police. It's sexual assault and the boy will only get worse if not challenged. I always think, if he's brazen enough to assault an adult, what's he capable of with a child.

PaddyG 11.08.2017 10:23

Re: Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueangel (Post 2829344)
This is the thread...

https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-li...olice-not.html

Please call the police. It's sexual assault and the boy will only get worse if not challenged. I always think, if he's brazen enough to assault an adult, what's he capable of with a child.

That was in Lachen, this OP lives in Glattfelden. I've no idea if those too places are close, but I thought I'd post to sound knowledgeable and helpful.

Guest 11.08.2017 10:46

Re: Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
Definitely the police. I'm sorry this happened to you.

olygirl 11.08.2017 10:50

Re: Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
The kid has a huge problem. Do him and yourself a favour and inform the police.

Chemmie 11.08.2017 10:58

Re: Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
The kid definitely needs some lessons in respect. Commonly this originates from the parents. Unfortunately a very tough situation to fix and remedy, unless the mother and father are willing to acknowledge and take steps. I don't see the police doing much more than a stern taking to and a slap on the wrist, but if the parent's don't change, neither will the boy---and it will only get worse as he gets older and more independent.

Blueangel 11.08.2017 11:10

Re: Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemmie (Post 2829376)
The kid definitely needs some lessons in respect.

Sorry to disagree Chemmie, but this is a 'gateway crime', along with a kid abusing an animal and flashing. It needs to be addressed.

Chemmie 11.08.2017 11:23

Re: Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueangel (Post 2829380)
Sorry to disagree Chemmie, but this is a 'gateway crime', along with a kid abusing an animal and flashing. It needs to be addressed.

I am not sure what you are disagreeing with, but I don't know of any psychological studies which link this behavior to further psychological issues (unlike animal abuse) and becoming criminals.
This sounds to me more like copying the actions of an older role model (be it family or media) and not understanding that this is not at all acceptable.

Guest 11.08.2017 11:48

Re: Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemmie (Post 2829381)
I am not sure what you are disagreeing with, but I don't know of any psychological studies which link this behavior to further psychological issues (unlike animal abuse) and becoming criminals.
This sounds to me more like copying the actions of an older role model (be it family or media) and not understanding that this is not at all acceptable.

Kids who haven't learned by that age that putting their hands on someone without their consent is a problem... probably won't learn. Some kids have boundary issues for a myriad reasons And have no malicious intent. But this kid... if he enjoys the "chase" and the negative reaction then... yuck. He also knew enough of the acceptability of his actions to skedaddle when a witness appeared. You're likely right that it's copied/learned behaviour... But that only means it's a deeper issue and really does need outside agency intervention.

Corbets 11.08.2017 12:19

Re: Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
Smack the crap out of him.

Then call the police.

lost_inbroad 11.08.2017 12:45

Re: Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
For all you people thinking that calling the police will do anything...well, serial rapists get off after a few months, do you really think the authorities will do anything with a minor?

olygirl 11.08.2017 12:54

Re: Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
The kid is young enough to get help which is why the police need to get involved, and hopefully then, the parents.

lost_inbroad 11.08.2017 12:58

Re: Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by olygirl (Post 2829436)
The kid is young enough to get help which is why the police need to get involved, and hopefully then, the parents.

Yes, it's worth a try and I'm not saying that contacting the authorities is wrong but here:
https://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/schweiz...story/17710830

Guest 11.08.2017 13:09

Re: Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lost_inbroad (Post 2829439)
Yes, it's worth a try and I'm not saying that contacting the authorities is wrong but here:
https://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/schweiz...story/17710830

You completely broke down my idea of Switzerland being a righteous community, pure madness this.

It also teaches people that it's better to take right in their own hands if they can track down the assaulter since the justice system shows itself being a non-helpful partner when it comes to punishments.

Samaire13 11.08.2017 13:18

Re: Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lost_inbroad (Post 2829432)
For all you people thinking that calling the police will do anything...well, serial rapists get off after a few months, do you really think the authorities will do anything with a minor?

Agree, though I'd replace "a minor" with "anyone".

Can't hurt to go to the police, but highly unlikely anything will come of it.

hannah'sauntie 11.08.2017 13:22

Re: Sexual Harassment from a minor?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaddyG (Post 2829354)
That was in Lachen, this OP lives in Glattfelden. I've no idea if those too places are close, but I thought I'd post to sound knowledgeable and helpful.

Nowhere near each other.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:15.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0