Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 15.10.2019, 12:44
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Uitikon
Posts: 13
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
slavikst has no particular reputation at present
Re: Cannot cancel order on mediamarkt.ch

Quote:
View Post
Many businesses will reward their executives who keep staffing at a minimum while being blind to customer service.

One thing one must ever do is to tell them you will never do business with them again. Something like “Please tell me why I should continue to do business with you” can be much more effective.

In the first case they know they have lost a customer and have little hope of getting them back. In the second you are opening the door for them to do some damage controls.
I like your advise! Well, in my case, I couldn't ever reach them in the first place to tell them that.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 15.10.2019, 13:05
aSwissInTheUS's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich area
Posts: 11,111
Groaned at 85 Times in 76 Posts
Thanked 16,866 Times in 7,507 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cannot cancel order on mediamarkt.ch

Really, nobody wrote the most obvious and basic thing to do?

Registered Letter

Simply write your demands, time limit (14 days are usual), and how demands should be fulfilled and send it to the CEO.

Media Markt E-Commerce AG
z.Hd. Patrick Marti
Allmendstrasse 23
8953 Dietikon
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank aSwissInTheUS for this useful post:
  #23  
Old 15.10.2019, 13:45
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,872
Groaned at 764 Times in 542 Posts
Thanked 16,126 Times in 6,344 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cannot cancel order on mediamarkt.ch

Quote:
View Post
Thank you everybody for suggestions. The credit card company might not be able to help as the transaction happened over a month ago now. I could go to the store, but at this point I wasted a lot of time already trying to reach out to them and I suspect I would be given some excuse, like "we are brick and mortar store, online store is a different organisation". Indeed, in the bottom of the email confirmation: "Media Markt E-Commerce AG".
So as far as I can see there is no organisation (government or private) that can help in this situation?
Go to a physical store and talk to the customer service department and explain the situation. I have never had a situation with Media Markt that could not be reolved and it sounds to me like you could have resolved your own situation quicker by using a little more initiative.

Quote:
View Post
Media markt is a German concern. Not to be trusted. Prices are higher than others. Microspot is really good. Pick up in store and pay
I have used Media Markt for years and the prices can still very competitive. I trust them far more than Inter Discount.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
  #24  
Old 15.10.2019, 14:56
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 9,733
Groaned at 66 Times in 63 Posts
Thanked 15,529 Times in 7,113 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cannot cancel order on mediamarkt.ch

Quote:
View Post
Really, nobody wrote the most obvious and basic thing to do?

Registered Letter

Simply write your demands, time limit (14 days are usual), and how demands should be fulfilled and send it to the CEO.

Media Markt E-Commerce AG
z.Hd. Patrick Marti
Allmendstrasse 23
8953 Dietikon
^This. I am amazed at how many people come on here to complain and claim they've tried everything to get in contact without luck. 99.9% of them have not bothered to write a registered letter.

I guess letter-writing in general is so out of fashion we never even think of it as an option any more.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 15.10.2019, 15:11
Squeeeez's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Frauenfeld
Posts: 914
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 871 Times in 402 Posts
Squeeeez has a reputation beyond reputeSqueeeez has a reputation beyond reputeSqueeeez has a reputation beyond reputeSqueeeez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cannot cancel order on mediamarkt.ch

Quote:
View Post
I guess letter-writing in general is so out of fashion we never even think of it as an option any more.
Sure it is an option, but, in my opinion:

It is slow. Compared to a 1-2 click "cancel order" button.
It takes physical movement, a lot of effort in general compared to moving the mouse, typing a few keys, or calling a phone number.
And then on top of it, it costs (minimum of 5.30). Swiss Post is not really user friendly anymore, so you have to find out where and when you can even send that letter.



And then, but that might just be me, bothering a CEO with "I did not receive the order" sounds a bit like overkill to me so I'd be too shy to do it.
Maybe it's just something I ordered for 20.- and then all the above reasons weigh in significantly.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Squeeeez for this useful post:
  #26  
Old 15.10.2019, 21:51
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Uitikon
Posts: 13
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
slavikst has no particular reputation at present
Re: Cannot cancel order on mediamarkt.ch

Quote:
View Post
Go to a physical store and talk to the customer service department and explain the situation. I have never had a situation with Media Markt that could not be reolved and it sounds to me like you could have resolved your own situation quicker by using a little more initiative.


I have used Media Markt for years and the prices can still very competitive. I trust them far more than Inter Discount.
Following your advise I did go to a physical store tonight (the one in Sihlcity, Zurich). I was told at the customer service department the online order cancellation is handled at the cashier. The lady was very friendly. She looked up the order number, and said that to cancel it I need to call that toll hotline number. After I complained that I cannot ever reach through, she said that they would have to do the same on their end (calling that same number). She promised the colleague of her would call tomorrow for me and give me the update.

To summarise: it is incredibly difficult to cancel the order they advertised to fulfil in 7 business day and fail to do so in... 1 month and 1 week without a single update to me explaining the delay.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank slavikst for this useful post:
  #27  
Old 15.10.2019, 21:59
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Uitikon
Posts: 13
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
slavikst has no particular reputation at present
Re: Cannot cancel order on mediamarkt.ch

Quote:
View Post
^This. I am amazed at how many people come on here to complain and claim they've tried everything to get in contact without luck. 99.9% of them have not bothered to write a registered letter.

I guess letter-writing in general is so out of fashion we never even think of it as an option any more.
I personally came here not to complain, but rather to ask an advise as to what can be done in a given situation. It seems like a registered letter is the way to go. Though I will try to dispute the transaction with the credit card instead. Otherwise, I will miss the deadline while waiting for their reply.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 15.10.2019, 22:12
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 9,733
Groaned at 66 Times in 63 Posts
Thanked 15,529 Times in 7,113 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cannot cancel order on mediamarkt.ch

Quote:
View Post
I personally came here not to complain, but rather to ask an advise as to what can be done in a given situation. It seems like a registered letter is the way to go. Though I will try to dispute the transaction with the credit card instead. Otherwise, I will miss the deadline while waiting for their reply.
Nothing wrong with doing both - dispute with credit card and write a letter. Who knows, maybe you'll even score a voucher for a future purchase as a token apology.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post:
  #29  
Old 16.10.2019, 23:32
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 7,200
Groaned at 265 Times in 227 Posts
Thanked 9,315 Times in 4,909 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cannot cancel order on mediamarkt.ch

Quote:
View Post
Nothing wrong with doing both - dispute with credit card and write a letter. Who knows, maybe you'll even score a voucher for a future purchase as a token apology.
I'm with OP here. It shouldn't be that difficult to get through to some representative to get the issue clarified/order canceled, and they shouldn't have to bear the additional cost and effort of registered mail.

Alas, you get what you pay for. Cheap price thus cheap (as in, poor) service.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post:
  #30  
Old 17.10.2019, 00:25
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Uitikon
Posts: 13
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
slavikst has no particular reputation at present
Re: Cannot cancel order on mediamarkt.ch

Quote:
View Post
Following your advise I did go to a physical store tonight (the one in Sihlcity, Zurich). I was told at the customer service department the online order cancellation is handled at the cashier. The lady was very friendly. She looked up the order number, and said that to cancel it I need to call that toll hotline number. After I complained that I cannot ever reach through, she said that they would have to do the same on their end (calling that same number). She promised the colleague of her would call tomorrow for me and give me the update.

To summarise: it is incredibly difficult to cancel the order they advertised to fulfil in 7 business day and fail to do so in... 1 month and 1 week without a single update to me explaining the delay.
Update: As promised and to my surprise I did receive a call this evening from the Media Markt brick and mortar store. They told me they called 3 times to the online store hotline to no avail, wrote them an email too. He said he will inform the CEO that it is impossible to cancel online orders. I guess Media Markt physical business operates much better than the online one. Also, it is very strange that the physical store has no channel of communicating with the online store.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank slavikst for this useful post:
  #31  
Old 22.10.2019, 22:21
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Uitikon
Posts: 13
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
slavikst has no particular reputation at present
Re: Cannot cancel order on mediamarkt.ch

UPDATE: Yesterday finally I received an email from MediaMarkt that the order is cancelled. The money has not been refunded yet, but I think it's a matter of days now. It was not easy to cancel that order:
- writing them multiple messages
- hours spent on the toll hotline
- a trip to the brick-and-mortar store
- a transaction dispute with a credit card (which I now have to close)

People shop online to save time. I guess, not always
Thanks a lot to everybody who offered their advice here!
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank slavikst for this useful post:
  #32  
Old 31.10.2019, 23:33
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Genève
Posts: 11
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Karabilj has no particular reputation at present
Re: Cannot cancel order on mediamarkt.ch

Quote:
View Post
UPDATE: Yesterday finally I received an email from MediaMarkt that the order is cancelled. The money has not been refunded yet, but I think it's a matter of days now. It was not easy to cancel that order:
- writing them multiple messages
- hours spent on the toll hotline
- a trip to the brick-and-mortar store
- a transaction dispute with a credit card (which I now have to close)

People shop online to save time. I guess, not always
Thanks a lot to everybody who offered their advice here!
I had similar experience with Amazon, while functioning everything is perfect, once I received wrong item ended up in writing 10 emails and paying for sending back item, after that one I'm buying there just when necessary. Yes, idea is to save time but seems idea is also to save money on customer support.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 15.01.2020, 16:06
Atheri's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Geneva
Posts: 46
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 35 Times in 15 Posts
Atheri has no particular reputation at present
Re: Cannot cancel order on mediamarkt.ch

Wish I saw this thread earlier..

Made order on 7th of December.. it's still showing as 'In Process' on 15th January.
Have written them two times asking about it, no response in weeks.

Will try calling tomorrow and see how it goes.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
consumer protection, customer service, mediamarkt




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I cancel an online order? shadysand Other/general 6 03.05.2017 16:13
Moved canton but cannot cancel phone salie TV/internet/telephone 20 22.02.2015 13:19
Can I cancel an order for goods? jammidge Other/general 3 02.07.2014 21:12
Cannot book Zurich to Milan on sbb.ch? DavidSJC Travel/day trips/free time 9 28.10.2013 16:19
Cancel online order aldiko Other/general 3 01.06.2012 10:14


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0