Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01.02.2020, 20:09
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 17
Groaned at 12 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 16 Times in 7 Posts
curiousMind has become a little unpopularcuriousMind has become a little unpopular
Nordace sent the wrong product

I ordered a beige set: backpack Nordace Siena, extra internal separator bag, anti-rain cover for my girlfriend with the hope to get it for 6th December. On 18th I left Zurich for holidays and the package arrived on 23rd. Luckily, I came back before 14 days waiting period finished (1 day earlier) to find out, that there are 44 CHF extra of customs duty for me to pay... I paid, because I still wanted to give it as a gift to my girlfriend and ... Voila... the backpack and the external separator were black instead of beige. Total disaster, unacceptable by my girlfriend, so I started contacting the Nordace company by their contact form and I even wrote them on Instagram. After three weeks they offered me to send a proper set to an EU address. I gave them one, and in the last email from them they wrote me among other info the following text:
Quote:
As for the item you received, if you could kindly donate it to a charity on our behalf, we would gladly appreciate it.
I ask myself a question..."Who will give me back the time spent on the contact with them and these 44 CHF spent for customs duty?". I'm waiting for the moment when the proper order reaches my EU address.


What would you do in such a case? I don't hide, that they spurred my ambition. I plan to go somewhere in Zurich where they would give me a certificate of the gift, so that I could send it to Nordace but in this solution I still lose 44 CHF.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank curiousMind for this useful post:
The following 4 users groan at curiousMind for this post:
  #2  
Old 01.02.2020, 20:16
grumpygrapefruit's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Zuriwest
Posts: 6,104
Groaned at 37 Times in 36 Posts
Thanked 15,963 Times in 4,182 Posts
grumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nordace sent the wrong product

Quote:
View Post
I ordered a beige set: backpack Nordace Siena, extra internal separator bag, anti-rain cover for my girlfriend with the hope to get it for 6th December. On 18th I left Zurich for holidays and the package arrived on 23rd. Luckily, I came back before 14 days waiting period finished (1 day earlier) to find out, that there are 44 CHF extra of customs duty for me to pay... I paid, because I still wanted to give it as a gift to my girlfriend and ... Voila... the backpack and the external separator were black instead of beige. Total disaster, unacceptable by my girlfriend, so I started contacting the Nordace company by their contact form and I even wrote them on Instagram. After three weeks they offered me to send a proper set to an EU address. I gave them one, and in the last email from them they wrote me among other info the following text:
I ask myself a question..."Who will give me back the time spent on the contact with them and these 44 CHF spent for customs duty?". I'm waiting for the moment when the proper order reaches my EU address.


What would you do in such a case? I don't hide, that they spurred my ambition. I plan to go somewhere in Zurich where they would give me a certificate of the gift, so that I could send it to Nordace but in this solution I still lose 44 CHF.
You imported something into Switzerland, so you have to pay import duty, MwsT and an admin charge (44.00 is not just Zoll).

As for them asking you to donate that to charity, I would say that's very nice of them!
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank grumpygrapefruit for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 01.02.2020, 21:09
olygirl's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: d' Innerschwiiz
Posts: 5,969
Groaned at 249 Times in 169 Posts
Thanked 13,303 Times in 4,060 Posts
olygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nordace sent the wrong product

And this is why I donít like online shopping
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01.02.2020, 21:16
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 7,248
Groaned at 261 Times in 197 Posts
Thanked 15,918 Times in 5,607 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nordace sent the wrong product

Quote:
View Post
And this is why I don’t like online shopping
This is why I don't start an online shop...

Anyway, a thanks for the OP as I had a good laugh.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank k_and_e for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 01.02.2020, 22:22
Ace1's Avatar
A singular modality
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Morgins, VS
Posts: 7,813
Groaned at 295 Times in 191 Posts
Thanked 12,754 Times in 5,647 Posts
Ace1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nordace sent the wrong product

I don't get it - you started out ordering something to be shipped to CH, paid the fees due on it, and eventually received the item, in the meantime having another item completely free of charge. Am I missing something here?

Are you actually an agent for this company, as it certainly would make me more, not less, inclined to deal with them. Great customer service, I say.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank Ace1 for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 02.02.2020, 08:01
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo
Posts: 9,540
Groaned at 1,848 Times in 1,001 Posts
Thanked 4,365 Times in 2,780 Posts
omtatsat is considered unworthyomtatsat is considered unworthyomtatsat is considered unworthyomtatsat is considered unworthy
Re: Nordace sent the wrong product

Quote:
View Post
I ordered a beige set: backpack Nordace Siena, extra internal separator bag, anti-rain cover for my girlfriend with the hope to get it for 6th December. On 18th I left Zurich for holidays and the package arrived on 23rd. Luckily, I came back before 14 days waiting period finished (1 day earlier) to find out, that there are 44 CHF extra of customs duty for me to pay... I paid, because I still wanted to give it as a gift to my girlfriend and ... Voila... the backpack and the external separator were black instead of beige. Total disaster, unacceptable by my girlfriend, so I started contacting the Nordace company by their contact form and I even wrote them on Instagram. After three weeks they offered me to send a proper set to an EU address. I gave them one, and in the last email from them they wrote me among other info the following text:
I ask myself a question..."Who will give me back the time spent on the contact with them and these 44 CHF spent for customs duty?". I'm waiting for the moment when the proper order reaches my EU address.


What would you do in such a case? I don't hide, that they spurred my ambition. I plan to go somewhere in Zurich where they would give me a certificate of the gift, so that I could send it to Nordace but in this solution I still lose 44 CHF.
In the end you get what you ordered and free and you get to keep the wrong one. You can sell it! What a winger you are!!
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 02.02.2020, 08:09
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,872
Groaned at 764 Times in 542 Posts
Thanked 16,126 Times in 6,344 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nordace sent the wrong product

Quote:
View Post
I ordered a beige set: backpack Nordace Siena, extra internal separator bag, anti-rain cover for my girlfriend with the hope to get it for 6th December. On 18th I left Zurich for holidays and the package arrived on 23rd. Luckily, I came back before 14 days waiting period finished (1 day earlier) to find out, that there are 44 CHF extra of customs duty for me to pay... I paid, because I still wanted to give it as a gift to my girlfriend and ... Voila... the backpack and the external separator were black instead of beige. Total disaster, unacceptable by my girlfriend, so I started contacting the Nordace company by their contact form and I even wrote them on Instagram. After three weeks they offered me to send a proper set to an EU address. I gave them one, and in the last email from them they wrote me among other info the following text:
I ask myself a question..."Who will give me back the time spent on the contact with them and these 44 CHF spent for customs duty?". I'm waiting for the moment when the proper order reaches my EU address.


What would you do in such a case? I don't hide, that they spurred my ambition. I plan to go somewhere in Zurich where they would give me a certificate of the gift, so that I could send it to Nordace but in this solution I still lose 44 CHF.
Quote:
View Post
In the end you get what you ordered and free and you get to keep the wrong one. You can sell it! What a winger you are!!
OP, if even a miserable wretch like omtstat, for whom complaining vehemently about nothing is a daily pastime, is calling you a whinger then you may as well just lie down and end it all now because you have failed at life.

On a more serious note, just sell the additional product that you were allowed to keep and get on with your life.
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 02.02.2020, 08:31
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo
Posts: 9,540
Groaned at 1,848 Times in 1,001 Posts
Thanked 4,365 Times in 2,780 Posts
omtatsat is considered unworthyomtatsat is considered unworthyomtatsat is considered unworthyomtatsat is considered unworthy
Re: Nordace sent the wrong product

On a more positive note



The Modern Rule: Caveat Venditor

Caveat emptor was the rule for most purchases and land sales prior to the Industrial Revolution, although sellers assume much more responsibility for the integrity of their goods in the present day. People consumed far fewer goods and usually from local sources prior to the 18th Century, resulting in very few consumer protection laws (mostly limited to weights and measures). See "Product Liability: Background" for more historical information about the principle of caveat emptor.

Today, most sales in the U.S. fall under the principle of caveat venditor, which means "let the seller beware," by which goods are covered by an implied warranty of merchantability. Unless otherwise advertised (for example, "sold as is") or negotiated with the buyer, nearly all consumer products are guaranteed to work if used for their intended purpose.

For example, a consumer who purchases a coffee grinder that lacks the power to grind coffee beans may return the product for a full refund under an implied warranty of merchantability. But if the same buyer purchased a used coffee grinder at a thrift shop marked "sold as is," returning the product later may prove difficult. While caveat emptor is no longer the rule for consumer transactions, it's important to know when the exception applies.


PS. I gladly accept donations!!
__________________
The following 3 users would like to thank Omtatsat for this useful post:

President Donald Trump, Boris Johnson, Kim Jong-un
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02.02.2020, 11:57
Caleb's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sevelen, SG
Posts: 754
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 969 Times in 433 Posts
Caleb has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nordace sent the wrong product

Quote:
View Post
On a more serious note, just sell the additional product that you were allowed to keep and get on with your life.
The import tax/duties/VAT/fees are your responsibility. The TIME you wasted dealing with their customer service you can recoup. Sell the black backpack, keep what you think is fair for your 10min. spent dealing with them, and donate the rest of the sales proceeds to a charity. WIN/WIN.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Caleb for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 02.02.2020, 13:13
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 17
Groaned at 12 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 16 Times in 7 Posts
curiousMind has become a little unpopularcuriousMind has become a little unpopular
Re: Nordace sent the wrong product

Thank you all for interesting comments so far. To answer few questions
+ I find it not right to keep the whole black set for myself if I get the beige one, that I wanted.
+ I am not a Nordace agent. I just care about solving issues the right way and after I noticed this section on this forum it encouraged me to write about my case.
I think I might sell the backpack and a pocket in here after I have the beige set shipped and I reach 10 posts on this forum. For the moment, I feel, that the right solution would be to get 44 CHF back for me and give the rest to charity. In here I have to explain you, that on the Nordace webpage they put the info "FREE SHIPPING", which does not change when you proceed with the order online and the price does not change after providing the Swiss address in the form. I would expect the automated price change or some additional info provided, that the total cost will be higher. Certainly, I could dive into the webpage content and check the whole FAQ section to find the additional info saying :
Quote:
Base on information we were given by our shipping partners, the most likely case is the custom fee & duty can be avoided in the following countries: United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, countries in the European Union, Norway, Japan, Korea, and Singapore. Anywhere else, we have to check with our shipping agent. We try our best to help you minimize custom fees and taxes but sometimes there are unlucky packages.
Definitely, after this experience, I will read all other extra infos on the webpage.


If Nordace sends me the right set, then they will prove they are a really nice company. After that, I will proceed with selling the black set.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users groan at curiousMind for this post:
  #11  
Old 02.02.2020, 13:19
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo
Posts: 9,540
Groaned at 1,848 Times in 1,001 Posts
Thanked 4,365 Times in 2,780 Posts
omtatsat is considered unworthyomtatsat is considered unworthyomtatsat is considered unworthyomtatsat is considered unworthy
Re: Nordace sent the wrong product

Quote:
View Post
Thank you all for interesting comments so far. To answer few questions
+ I find it not right to keep the whole black set for myself if I get the beige one, that I wanted.
+ I am not a Nordace agent. I just care about solving issues the right way and after I noticed this section on this forum it encouraged me to write about my case.
I think I might sell the backpack and a pocket in here after I have the beige set shipped and I reach 10 posts on this forum. For the moment, I feel, that the right solution would be to get 44 CHF back for me and give the rest to charity. In here I have to explain you, that on the Nordace webpage they put the info "FREE SHIPPING", which does not change when you proceed with the order online and the price does not change after providing the Swiss address in the form. I would expect the automated price change or some additional info provided, that the total cost will be higher. Certainly, I could dive into the webpage content and check the whole FAQ section to find the additional info saying : Definitely, after this experience, I will read all other extra infos on the webpage.


If Nordace sends me the right set, then they will prove they are a really nice company. After that, I will proceed with selling the black set.
better you donate it to donations@omtatsat
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 02.02.2020, 14:16
grumpygrapefruit's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Zuriwest
Posts: 6,104
Groaned at 37 Times in 36 Posts
Thanked 15,963 Times in 4,182 Posts
grumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond reputegrumpygrapefruit has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nordace sent the wrong product

Quote:
View Post
Thank you all for interesting comments so far. To answer few questions
+ I find it not right to keep the whole black set for myself if I get the beige one, that I wanted.
+ I am not a Nordace agent. I just care about solving issues the right way and after I noticed this section on this forum it encouraged me to write about my case.
I think I might sell the backpack and a pocket in here after I have the beige set shipped and I reach 10 posts on this forum. For the moment, I feel, that the right solution would be to get 44 CHF back for me and give the rest to charity. In here I have to explain you, that on the Nordace webpage they put the info "FREE SHIPPING", which does not change when you proceed with the order online and the price does not change after providing the Swiss address in the form. I would expect the automated price change or some additional info provided, that the total cost will be higher. Certainly, I could dive into the webpage content and check the whole FAQ section to find the additional info saying : Definitely, after this experience, I will read all other extra infos on the webpage.


If Nordace sends me the right set, then they will prove they are a really nice company. After that, I will proceed with selling the black set.
Oh come on. The shipping is free but you are responsible for importing goods into CH the same as any other country. The supplier cannot be responsible for that!
Reply With Quote
The following 9 users would like to thank grumpygrapefruit for this useful post:
  #13  
Old 02.02.2020, 15:22
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 17
Groaned at 12 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 16 Times in 7 Posts
curiousMind has become a little unpopularcuriousMind has become a little unpopular
Re: Nordace sent the wrong product

Quote:
View Post
Oh come on. The shipping is free but you are responsible for importing goods into CH the same as any other country. The supplier cannot be responsible for that!

Thanks for making me realise shipping!=total cost of delivery. My fault. I thought, that if they mention "free shipping", then I will not pay any more money than for the product at the moment of ordering it online.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users groan at curiousMind for this post:
  #14  
Old 02.02.2020, 15:25
Caleb's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sevelen, SG
Posts: 754
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 969 Times in 433 Posts
Caleb has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nordace sent the wrong product

Quote:
View Post
For the moment, I feel, that the right solution would be to get 44 CHF back for me and give the rest to charity.
Maybe it's your lack of experience; just bear in mind: ALL purchases from outside CH with a total cost of product+shipping (free shipping doesn't impact this at all) above ca. CHF 65 are subject to VAT (7.7%) + various fees (e.g. customs clearance fee which varies depending the goods country of origin, from the EU it's CHF 11.5, CHF 16 from most other countries). So if your backpack cost CHF200, you'd have to pay CHF 15.5 in VAT + 11.5 in clearance fees, and potentially CHF 13 if the sender didn't provide enough information and the post had to open the package. In this scenario, your fees would be CHF 39.9. This bear no relation to whether you pay shipping or not.
__________________
HEAVEN IS A BATHTUB WITH BOOKS THAT DON'T GET WET
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank Caleb for this useful post:
  #15  
Old 02.02.2020, 15:32
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 7,248
Groaned at 261 Times in 197 Posts
Thanked 15,918 Times in 5,607 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nordace sent the wrong product

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for making me realise shipping!=total cost of delivery. My fault. I thought, that if they mention "free shipping", then I will not pay any more money than for the product at the moment of ordering it online.
It's actually stated on the website
Quote:
Will I be charged additional customs fees or import taxes?
Base on information we were given by our shipping partners, the most likely case is the custom fee & duty can be avoided in the following countries: United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, countries in the European Union, Norway, Japan, Korea, and Singapore. Anywhere else, we have to check with our shipping agent. We try our best to help you minimize custom fees and taxes but sometimes there are unlucky packages.
Not sure if I would order from a site that mentions "unlucky packages".
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02.02.2020, 15:47
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 17
Groaned at 12 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 16 Times in 7 Posts
curiousMind has become a little unpopularcuriousMind has become a little unpopular
Re: Nordace sent the wrong product

Quote:
View Post
Maybe it's your lack of experience; just bear in mind: ALL purchases from outside CH with a total cost of product+shipping (free shipping doesn't impact this at all) above ca. CHF 65 are subject to VAT (7.7%) + various fees (e.g. customs clearance fee which varies depending the goods country of origin, from the EU it's CHF 11.5, CHF 16 from most other countries). So if your backpack cost CHF200, you'd have to pay CHF 15.5 in VAT + 11.5 in clearance fees, and potentially CHF 13 if the sender didn't provide enough information and the post had to open the package. In this scenario, your fees would be CHF 39.9. This bear no relation to whether you pay shipping or not.

Fyi, the "Warenwert" (basis for extra fees) was 125 CHF. Then, there were following parts:
1. Storing in the warehouse, explaining the value : 13.00 CHF
2. Customs duty for "Zone 2" + 3% of value : 16+0,03*125 CHF = 19.75 CHF
3. Einfuhrsteuer (7,7% of MWST value) : 0,12*157 CHF = 12.10 CHF
This is why the total extra cost for me was 44.85 CHF.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank curiousMind for this useful post:
  #17  
Old 02.02.2020, 15:52
3Wishes's Avatar
Moderately Amused
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bern area
Posts: 9,733
Groaned at 66 Times in 63 Posts
Thanked 15,529 Times in 7,113 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nordace sent the wrong product

Quote:
View Post
Fyi, the "Warenwert" (basis for extra fees) was 125 CHF. Then, there were following parts:
1. Storing in the warehouse, explaining the value : 13.00 CHF
2. Customs duty for "Zone 2" + 3% of value : 16+0,03*125 CHF = 19.75 CHF
3. Einfuhrsteuer (7,7% of MWST value) : 0,12*157 CHF = 12.10 CHF
This is why the total extra cost for me was 44.85 CHF.
Makes sense to me. See Caleb's post above.

The costs you're paying are not "shipping" - they are administrative and customs fees as well as VAT. The seller isn't responsible for those costs. You (the buyer/importer) are.

You said you haven't received the new item yet. I wonder if you're going to get hit with another 44 Francs, as the value of the new item is also $125...
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post:
  #18  
Old 02.02.2020, 16:23
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 17
Groaned at 12 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 16 Times in 7 Posts
curiousMind has become a little unpopularcuriousMind has become a little unpopular
Re: Nordace sent the wrong product

Quote:
View Post
Makes sense to me. See Caleb's post above.

The costs you're paying are not "shipping" - they are administrative and customs fees as well as VAT. The seller isn't responsible for those costs. You (the buyer/importer) are.

You said you haven't received the new item yet. I wonder if you're going to get hit with another 44 Francs, as the value of the new item is also $125...

I provided them the EU address this time. They said there should not be any other extra cost this time.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11.02.2020, 21:23
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 17
Groaned at 12 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 16 Times in 7 Posts
curiousMind has become a little unpopularcuriousMind has become a little unpopular
Re: Nordace sent the wrong product

Hi Everyone. The beige set arrived to my EU address. Nordace fulfilled their promise, so I'm selling the black set within this topic.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at curiousMind for this post:
  #20  
Old 11.02.2020, 22:59
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 5,977
Groaned at 53 Times in 42 Posts
Thanked 8,114 Times in 3,382 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nordace sent the wrong product

I post here, now, as I saw your other link, in which you're selling the black backpack.

As I understand it, you received the beige backback that you did want, paid for that and had no customs duties on that because you used and EU address. You also received (incorrectly on the part of the seller), the black backpack, for which the customs duties annoyed you on one hand because you didn't know how the system works and therefore hadn't anticipated those fees, and more so because black is the wrong colour. In the end, the supplier neither asked you to return black backpack nor did they charge you for it, but instead gave it to you for free, and suggested you donate it.

Now you want to sell the backpack and recoup for yourself only the customs duty you paid, and donate the rest of the money you get from selling the backpack. That, indeed, is your right.

I'm really curious, though: why not just donate the backpack (since on this thread there is someone who wrote he'd be happy to have it) altogether, or if you still really want to get back the customs duties, why not sell the backpack for 44,85 CHF?

Quote:
View Post
I ask myself a question..."Who will give me back the time spent on the contact with them and these 44 CHF spent for customs duty?".
No-one will give you your time back. The customs duty you could recoup by your proposed sale.

Quote:
View Post
What would you do in such a case?
What would I do?
1. Thank Caleb for explaining how the system works.
2. Write off the 44 CHF as a learning experience.
2.1. Know that if the beige backpack had arrived correctly in the first place, the 44 CHF would have been due just the same.
3. Give the backpack to omtatsat, who has said he'd like to have it.

As I said, you own the backpack and can do as you please with it, I'm just trying to understand why you would choose this route, when giving it away would save you so much time and effort.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ricardo-wrong product delivered omtatsat Complaints corner 102 09.01.2017 17:28
Best product for dog Arthritis Florida_girl Pet corner 8 02.08.2015 20:16
marketing product leenachandrabala Business & entrepreneur 1 23.08.2013 08:24
Product of the Day cyrus General off-topic 56 18.10.2010 01:14
about SodiumLaurethSulfate product. underwater Family matters/health 5 04.08.2008 19:08


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0