Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 29.09.2020, 18:43
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 7,792
Groaned at 91 Times in 72 Posts
Thanked 11,941 Times in 4,850 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

Quote:
View Post
8- Swiss post office is the only winner here
I can understand your feeling frustrated and bitter about this. Even so, I'd like to encourage you: it does get better. It does.

You'll see: in a few weeks or months from now, you'll look back and realise how - maddening as it all is/was at the time - you succeeded in getting one thing after another in a row, and working, and sorted out. Hang in there, and persevere, because it does get better.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank doropfiz for this useful post:
  #42  
Old 29.09.2020, 21:29
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: LaCote
Posts: 1,060
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,899 Times in 725 Posts
Sigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond reputeSigh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

Brings back memories from my Swiss newbie time
While there are some things I can still not wrap my head around + 10 years later, I do now laugh about the beginings
Like doropfiz said, it will get better!
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Sigh for this useful post:
  #43  
Old 01.10.2020, 11:44
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 10,732
Groaned at 346 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 15,640 Times in 8,014 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

Quote:
View Post
Is it normal for the health insurance to wallop customers with a bill of over 450 chf just for moving address within the same city?? I am quite angry about it .. I could swallow they want to charge admin fees for someone to type in my new address, but are they paying that person 450chf a minute?? if its the new underwriting, then health risks for moving from one street to another within the same city and area does should not increase so significantly, its not like suddenly am going get ill just because I moved 3 streets down the road?? I do not understand it... anyone here works in insurance that can explain it to me?
In short: it's normal. If you're with Sanitas don't expect them to be too transparent about their charges.

I would argue they have a lousy customer care, but it's probably the same with every insurance company.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01.10.2020, 12:02
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 10,732
Groaned at 346 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 15,640 Times in 8,014 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

Quote:
View Post
Do Sanitas not have a physical office you can go to?
I have found going in person is far more likely to generate a response, it’s much harder to fob people off when they’re standing in front of you.
Haha, so they can be smug and obnoxious in your face? I don't know about OP, but I, for one, prefer to deal with this sort from a very large distance.

(to answer the question though - no they don't have)
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01.10.2020, 12:14
fatmanfilms's Avatar
The Marmite Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,018
Groaned at 450 Times in 344 Posts
Thanked 22,314 Times in 11,546 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

Quote:
View Post
Haha, so they can be smug and obnoxious in your face? I don't know about OP, but I, for one, prefer to deal with this sort from a very large distance.

(to answer the question though - no they don't have)
Strange, I agree with BM, far easier to deal in person face to face. I generally had a 90% success rate in CH, perhaps it's an age thing & they respect their elders.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #46  
Old 01.10.2020, 12:59
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 10,732
Groaned at 346 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 15,640 Times in 8,014 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

Quote:
View Post
Strange, I agree with BM,.
Strange that you agree with BM?

No, you're right, in general is easier/better to deal in person.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01.10.2020, 13:50
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 82
Groaned at 14 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
SandyDown has no particular reputation at present
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

btw, Sanitas wrote to me via email yesterday, and they insisted the 450 chf was actually for the moving fees, I asked them to send me facts and proof that moving from one end of Oerlikon to the other end increases my quote by that much... I haven't claimed anything at all from them this year, so its all B.S I have a great private health insurance from the UK, and up to last few months, I said if anything needed I can always fly back and get treated there... ( I see tax conscious people raising their eye brows there and dropping their jaws, but I can't drop that health insurance from the UK its the only one that would cover me for existing conditions fully lol) the UK private health includes all the supplementary stuff they sell us here with no deductible at all, costs only £900 for the year !!

This crap rendered useless insurance that once can't use before spending lots - and only taken because its the law, is just unbelievable..
Reply With Quote
This user groans at SandyDown for this post:
  #48  
Old 01.10.2020, 13:59
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Basle
Posts: 2,764
Groaned at 72 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 1,925 Times in 1,112 Posts
Landers has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond reputeLanders has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

It's difficult to understand your English.
A "moving fee" would be an administration fee to change your address.
A change of premium because of a change in address is different and feasible.
I don't really understand the rest of the post except that it seems you want to return to the UK and use your UK private insurance.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01.10.2020, 14:59
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 82
Groaned at 14 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
SandyDown has no particular reputation at present
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

Quote:
View Post
It's difficult to understand your English.
A "moving fee" would be an administration fee to change your address.
A change of premium because of a change in address is different and feasible.
I don't really understand the rest of the post except that it seems you want to return to the UK and use your UK private insurance.
You don't have to understand it ... but the extra fees is for the changing of the address.... change of addres == moving ... and therefore am being charge extra fees which are 450chf for moving homes / addresses etc... HTH

I have had the private insurance in the UK for many years, and would like to keep it... it has all the supplementary stuff I need ... for Switerland unfortunately am forced to take this Basic useless insurance
Reply With Quote
This user groans at SandyDown for this post:
  #50  
Old 01.10.2020, 15:18
Island Monkey's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wallis
Posts: 5,743
Groaned at 95 Times in 60 Posts
Thanked 6,302 Times in 2,886 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

Quote:
View Post
You don't have to understand it ... but the extra fees is for the changing of the address.... change of addres == moving ... and therefore am being charge extra fees which are 450chf for moving homes / addresses etc... HTH

I have had the private insurance in the UK for many years, and would like to keep it... it has all the supplementary stuff I need ... for Switerland unfortunately am forced to take this Basic useless insurance
No. You are not making yourself clear. Is the charge

A) A one off charge due to the administrative costs of you changing your address

Or

B) An increase in your yearly premium due to your change of address (ie you will pay that much extra every year).
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Island Monkey for this useful post:
  #51  
Old 01.10.2020, 15:33
aSwissInTheUS's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich area
Posts: 12,783
Groaned at 99 Times in 88 Posts
Thanked 19,576 Times in 8,681 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

Quote:
View Post
B) An increase in your yearly premium due to your change of address (ie you will pay that much extra every year).
OP said they moved within the same commune. At least that should not have been the case, if they actually moved within the same commune.

But as we do not know the text of the bill/letter and we can only guess and wonder. Maybe in a distant future we will see the letter/bill or at least a verbatim transcript of it.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01.10.2020, 15:35
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

Quote:
View Post
You don't have to understand it ... but the extra fees is for the changing of the address.... change of addres == moving ... and therefore am being charge extra fees which are 450chf for moving homes / addresses etc... HTH
Why do you refuse to look into the idea that this is due to an increase in premium because of your change of postcode? It's pretty clear that this must be the reason behind it, yet without even investigating the idea you insist that it's a one-off charge to process the address change, which is frankly ridiculous. And for which you present no evidence whatsoever.

Quote:
View Post
I have had the private insurance in the UK for many years, and would like to keep it... it has all the supplementary stuff I need ... for Switerland unfortunately am forced to take this Basic useless insurance
Useless? Only if you don't ever need any medical treatment.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #53  
Old 01.10.2020, 15:38
aSwissInTheUS's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich area
Posts: 12,783
Groaned at 99 Times in 88 Posts
Thanked 19,576 Times in 8,681 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

Quote:
Why do you refuse to look into the idea that this is due to an increase in premium because of your change of postcode?


Quote:
View Post
moving from one street to another within the same city and area does should not increase so significantly
Same commune same premium. Post code is irrelevant. Stop trolling.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01.10.2020, 15:42
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 82
Groaned at 14 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
SandyDown has no particular reputation at present
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

Quote:
View Post
No. You are not making yourself clear. Is the charge

A) A one off charge due to the administrative costs of you changing your address

Or

B) An increase in your yearly premium due to your change of address (ie you will pay that much extra every year).
I pay annually, not monthly, so they just sent me a bill of 450 chf, I believe this is annual bill as well, not monthly it was a one off... you mean the increase was 450/12 = 37chf increase a month?? This could be it...


Below is the exact email I got from them.. just removing names, he said I moved to the most expensive regions but this was the temporary move from one side of Oerlikon to another ( at serviced apartment until I find a permanent place), so this week am moving to a different part of Zurich... I expect I will be walloped another 450 before the end of the year !

Quote:
Dear XXX



Thanks for your message.



Of course we understand your annoyance. However, it is legally anchored that there are different premium regions. You are now in the most expensive region in the canton of Zurich and your premium will increase accordingly.



Sorry for the circumstances, unfortunately there is no room for goodwill in the basic insurance law.



If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

xxxx

Sanitas
Service Center Winterthur, Neuwiesenstrasse 15, 8401 Winterthur
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01.10.2020, 15:44
fatmanfilms's Avatar
The Marmite Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,018
Groaned at 450 Times in 344 Posts
Thanked 22,314 Times in 11,546 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

Quote:
View Post
Strange that you agree with BM?

No, you're right, in general is easier/better to deal in person.
No, we often agree, it's just not obvious to everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01.10.2020, 15:52
kri's Avatar
kri kri is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,833
Groaned at 18 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 1,568 Times in 812 Posts
kri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

Quote:
View Post
I pay annually, not monthly, so they just sent me a bill of 450 chf, I believe this is annual bill as well, not monthly it was a one off... you mean the increase was 450/12 = 37chf increase a month?? This could be it...


Below is the exact email I got from them.. just removing names, he said I moved to the most expensive regions but this was the temporary move from one side of Oerlikon to another ( at serviced apartment until I find a permanent place), so this week am moving to a different part of Zurich... I expect I will be walloped another 450 before the end of the year !
Why are you blaming Sanitas for this? Any other health insurance would have done the same if this is NPA dependant. Whether fair or not is a different question but they have applied the premium based on your NPA and the next insurance will do the same.

K
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01.10.2020, 15:59
aSwissInTheUS's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Zurich area
Posts: 12,783
Groaned at 99 Times in 88 Posts
Thanked 19,576 Times in 8,681 Posts
aSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond reputeaSwissInTheUS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

Quote:
View Post
move from one side of Oerlikon to another ( at serviced apartment until I find a permanent place), so this week am moving to a different part of Zurich... I expect I will be walloped another 450 before the end of the year !
Oerlikon is part of commune Zürich. I can only repeat my self so many times, but all areas of the same commune are in the same premium region.
https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/de/home...nregionen.html

The only possible explanation is that what you thought is Zurich Oerlikon was actually more like Glattbrugg or Glattpark which belongs to Opfikon?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank aSwissInTheUS for this useful post:
  #58  
Old 01.10.2020, 16:00
Belgianmum's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 13,056
Groaned at 228 Times in 192 Posts
Thanked 21,561 Times in 8,834 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

Quote:
View Post
I pay annually, not monthly, so they just sent me a bill of 450 chf, I believe this is annual bill as well, not monthly it was a one off... you mean the increase was 450/12 = 37chf increase a month?? This could be it...


Below is the exact email I got from them.. just removing names, he said I moved to the most expensive regions but this was the temporary move from one side of Oerlikon to another ( at serviced apartment until I find a permanent place), so this week am moving to a different part of Zurich... I expect I will be walloped another 450 before the end of the year !
If you’d just posted that in the first place it would have saved an awful lot of confusion.

If you move again within this year to an area with cheaper premiums they will actually reimburse you the difference. That’s how things work here.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post:
  #59  
Old 01.10.2020, 16:13
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 82
Groaned at 14 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
SandyDown has no particular reputation at present
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

Quote:
View Post
Why are you blaming Sanitas for this? Any other health insurance would have done the same if this is NPA dependant. Whether fair or not is a different question but they have applied the premium based on your NPA and the next insurance will do the same.

K
If you read my question from the start my query was actually is this normal to be charged so much extra for moving? and most of the people told me no they haven't really been charged extra when moving... I also asked how would my health status ( the underwriting would be done for the person health) if I move a few roads down the street?? Its not like am moving to a cut off area where its hard to find a Dr and cost of transporting me to a hospitably would be a lot higher?
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01.10.2020, 16:14
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 82
Groaned at 14 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
SandyDown has no particular reputation at present
Re: Health insurance fees for moving

Quote:
View Post
If you’d just posted that in the first place it would have saved an awful lot of confusion.

If you move again within this year to an area with cheaper premiums they will actually reimburse you the difference. That’s how things work here.
I did post this, I said I got a billed for moving home, and all / most of you said this is not usual to be charged 450 chf for moving
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
when changing health insurance company(Lamal), first months fees not reimbursed? neutralname Insurance 3 14.11.2018 18:32
Moving Back to USA - Need Health Insurance COCH Insurance 5 12.07.2017 18:50
Moving to Swizerland- health insurance Pinkpanter Insurance 6 01.06.2015 22:19
Health insurance when moving cantons natcam Insurance 6 08.03.2015 10:53
Buget organisation to decrease the fees of health insurance ? vaudoise Insurance 8 18.02.2015 07:58


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0