English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Complaints corner (https://www.englishforum.ch/complaints-corner/)
-   -   School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going (https://www.englishforum.ch/complaints-corner/31198-school-timetable-terrible-don-t-know-if-i-am-coming-going.html)

Sutter 21.08.2008 15:15

School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
Ok my daughter started school last week, and my son KG, and i feel all i am doing is looking at my watch to see where i have to be, or who as to be where, or who will be coming home. Here is my kids timetables.

Daughter

Monday 8.15 until 10.50 then 13.45 until 15.15
Tuesday 9.00 until 11.35 then 13.45 until 15.15
Wednesday 9.00 until 11.35 then free
Thursday 7.30 until 10.50 then free
Friday 7.30 until 9.45 then 13.45 until 15.15

Son

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday All the same time 8.30 until 11.30 then free
Thursday 8.30 until 10.45 then 13.45 until 15.15
Friday 8.30 until 10.45 then free

They both have to be there 10 minutes earlier my daughter as about 25 minutes to walk, and my son as about 10 miuntes to walk.

I am running around like an headless chicken, does anybody else have timetables like my daughter, i am schocked for the 1st class to have such a late start on 1 day, and then the next so early she as no sleeping pattern:confused: as i am not going to get her up ar 6.15am every morning so she can be at school at 9am that is not fair to her:(

If i go to the school does anybody think it will make a difference, and they would change it from 7.30 until 8.30.

Thanks

tomcat 21.08.2008 15:17

Re: School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
This is the standard for our school system in Gemeinde Maur as well.

Nothing is coordinated. Everything is done to make sure the Swiss Miss stays at home ... and even that is made more challenging by the shifting schedules.

Edit: The teachers, when asked about coordination, shrugged and agreed that it sucked and there was nothing that could be done about it.

Lou 21.08.2008 15:18

Re: School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
Start a campaign for block times like we have in Kanton Zurich. Makes life so much easier when the kids start & finish at the same time each day.

Guest 21.08.2008 15:25

Re: School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
"Dear Teach,

I am frankly amazed by the school timetable that I have just received. The seemingly random start and end times seem designed to confuse and are plainly stupid. What purpose do they serve ? The school is supposed to be providing a service to our community of routine and discipline, not offering Kafkaque schedules to confuse.

Please be advised I will be sending my children to school based on the phase of the moon as from next week, as it has as much relevance and will act as a better frame of reference than you are offering.

If you are in need of an alarm clock to keep you regular and help you maintain a steady timetable, we can have collection to buy one for you.

love Sutter"

dave

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutter (Post 297791)
Ok my daughter started school last week, and my son KG, and i feel all i am doing is looking at my watch to see where i have to be, or who as to be where, or who will be coming home. Here is my kids timetables.

Daughter

Monday 8.15 until 10.50 then 13.45 until 15.15
Tuesday 9.00 until 11.35 then 13.45 until 15.15
Wednesday 9.00 until 11.35 then free
Thursday 7.30 until 10.50 then free
Friday 7.30 until 9.45 then 13.45 until 15.15

Son

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday All the same time 8.30 until 11.30 then free
Thursday 8.30 until 10.45 then 13.45 until 15.15
Friday 8.30 until 10.45 then free

They both have to be there 10 minutes earlier my daughter as about 25 minutes to walk, and my son as about 10 miuntes to walk.

I am running around like an headless chicken, does anybody else have timetables like my daughter, i am schocked for the 1st class to have such a late start on 1 day, and then the next so early she as no sleeping pattern:confused: as i am not going to get her up ar 6.15am every morning so she can be at school at 9am that is not fair to her:(

If i go to the school does anybody think it will make a difference, and they would change it from 7.30 until 8.30.

Thanks


Sutter 21.08.2008 15:26

Re: School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou (Post 297794)
Start a campaign for block times like we have in Kanton Zurich. Makes life so much easier when the kids start & finish at the same time each day.

Good idea, as i have spoken to some other mummys, and they are all upset with the timetable i mean starting at 7.30 then finishing at 9.45 WHAT IS THAT ABOUT:eek:.

Sutter 21.08.2008 15:28

Re: School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomcat (Post 297793)
This is the standard for our school system in Gemeinde Maur as well.

Nothing is coordinated. Everything is done to make sure the Swiss Miss stays at home ... and even that is made more challenging by the shifting schedules.

Edit: The teachers, when asked about coordination, shrugged and agreed that it sucked and there was nothing that could be done about it.

I fully agree in England i used to go to school at 9am, and finish at 3.15 so the mummy`s could go to work;)

gooner 21.08.2008 15:30

Re: School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveA (Post 297800)
<snip>
...Please be advised I will be sending my children to school based on the phase of the moon as from next week, as it has as much relevance and will act as a better frame of reference than you are offering.
<snip>

dave


Are they going to a Rudolf Steiner with the rest of the Anthroposophists? If so, he might just have to follow a lunar calendar and bury cow horns on the way to school.

tomcat 21.08.2008 15:30

Re: School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou (Post 297794)
Start a campaign for block times like we have in Kanton Zurich. Makes life so much easier when the kids start & finish at the same time each day.

Must be a different Kanton Zurich than the one I am living in.

:confused:

maybe it's more city / Gemeinde / school system specific?

Kantönligeist rules!

Sutter 21.08.2008 15:33

Re: School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveA (Post 297800)
"Dear Teach,

I am frankly amazed by the school timetable that I have just received. The seemingly random start and end times seem designed to confuse and are plainly stupid. What purpose do they serve ? The school is supposed to be providing a service to our community of routine and discipline, not offering Kafkaque schedules to confuse.

Please be advised I will be sending my children to school based on the phase of the moon as from next week, as it has as much relevance and will act as a better frame of reference than you are offering.

If you are in need of an alarm clock to keep you regular and help you maintain a steady timetable, we can have collection to buy one for you.

love Sutter"

dave

Thanks for nothing Dave, i start a thread, for help, and as per usual your post is not very helpful.

I want my Daughter to have a proper sleep routine instead of 1 day she as to be up at 6.15am, and another at 7.45am:(

Thanks to the other HELPFUL posts:D

Shorrick Mk2 21.08.2008 15:33

Re: School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutter (Post 297791)
as i am not going to get her up ar 6.15am every morning so she can be at school at 9am that is not fair to her:(

Life ain't fair - the sooner she gets used to it, the better.

gooner 21.08.2008 15:36

Re: School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutter (Post 297811)
Thanks for nothing Dave, i start a thread, for help, and as per usual your post is not very helpful.

I want my Daughter to have a proper sleep routine instead of 1 day she as to be up at 6.15am, and another at 7.45am:(

Thanks to the other HELPFUL posts:D

This probably belongs on a separate thread, but...

I think that like the straight line, routine is soulless.

swisscath 21.08.2008 15:36

Re: School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomcat (Post 297808)
Must be a different Kanton Zurich than the one I am living in. maybe it's more city / Gemeinde / school system specific?

Kantönligeist rules!


My kids hours are varied too. Thankfully not as bad as they were when they first started. I'd come home after shopping and find one of them sitting on the doorstep coz I'd forget what time they'd finish etc. It's really hard work getting it all coordinated. Feel for you Sutter, those are crappy hours.

Sutter 21.08.2008 15:36

Re: School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shorrick Mk2 (Post 297813)
Life ain't fair - the sooner she gets used to it, the better.

She is only bloody 7 years old.

Guest 21.08.2008 15:37

Re: School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
You misunderstand. This is to help and was not intended as a joke. This is precisely the letter I would write in your position to highlight the lunacy of the proposed timetable.

dave


Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutter (Post 297811)
Thanks for nothing Dave, i start a thread, for help, and as per usual your post is not very helpful.

I want my Daughter to have a proper sleep routine instead of 1 day she as to be up at 6.15am, and another at 7.45am:(

Thanks to the other HELPFUL posts:D


gooner 21.08.2008 15:38

Re: School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutter (Post 297818)
She is only bloody 7 years old.

It's trading magic for fact. I mourn my childhood.

Cheer up Sutter, kids are adaptable, it's you that has to suffer the schedule really.

Sutter 21.08.2008 15:39

Re: School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveA (Post 297819)
You misunderstand. This is to help and was not intended as a joke. This is precisely the letter I would write in your position to highlight the lunacy of the proposed timetable.

dave

Sorry:o i am tired from being up so early:(

Sutter 21.08.2008 15:40

Re: School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gooner (Post 297820)
It's trading magic for fact. I mourn my childhood.

Cheer up Sutter, kids are adaptable, it's you that has to suffer the schedule really.

I know it is killing me, but i feel sorry for my daughter as it is she who as to walk so early in the morning not me.

Guest 21.08.2008 15:42

Re: School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
No prob. Many people suffer under these stupid arrangements and they seem to serve no useful purpose. I can't believe even the teacher wants irregular hours. The fact that they exist doesn't mean they should continue. I would find out from the areas that have block hours, how they were proposed and introduced and start a campaign to do likewise.

dave


Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutter (Post 297822)
Sorry:o i am tired from being up so early:(


gooner 21.08.2008 15:43

Re: School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutter (Post 297823)
I know it is killing me, but i feel sorry for my daughter as it is she who as to walk so early in the morning not me.

She will have nothing but fond memories of walking through the wind, sleet and snow and through dark misty mornings to school.

Lou 21.08.2008 15:43

Re: School timetable is terrible don`t know if i am coming or going
 
I had thought it was the whole of Kanton Zurich that changed to block times. Still happy to have block times where I live :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomcat (Post 297808)
Must be a different Kanton Zurich than the one I am living in.

:confused:

maybe it's more city / Gemeinde / school system specific?

Kantönligeist rules!



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:21.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0