Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Complaints corner
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06.06.2008, 13:13
Sutter's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Thurgau
Posts: 5,796
Groaned at 67 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,589 Posts
Sutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond repute
Weather

Ok i am bored, and ****ed off because of a couple things so here goes my rant.

First what is up with the weather i bought a family card for the open air swimming pool, and we have not used it once because the water is too cold then when it starts to heat up (i drive to the pool everyday to check the tempreture) it rains again so the tempreture goes back down.

Second the post lady shouted at me a few minutes ago because she had to carry a box of wine up the stairs (we live on the ground floor, but you still have to walk up a few stairs) my son buzzed the door because he thought it was my daughter coming home from KG, and i was otherwise engaged. Is she allowed to shout at me i think she is new because i have never seen her before.
__________________
Smile it is another day
  #2  
Old 06.06.2008, 13:20
Sandgrounder's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ZH
Posts: 10,804
Groaned at 87 Times in 80 Posts
Thanked 18,023 Times in 6,915 Posts
Sandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather

Quote:
View Post
Ok i am bored, and ****ed off because of a couple things so here goes my rant.

First what is up with the weather i bought a family card for the open air swimming pool, and we have not used it once because the water is too cold then when it starts to heat up (i drive to the pool everyday to check the tempreture) it rains again so the tempreture goes back down.

Second the post lady shouted at me a few minutes ago because she had to carry a box of wine up the stairs (we live on the ground floor, but you still have to walk up a few stairs) my son buzzed the door because he thought it was my daughter coming home from KG, and i was otherwise engaged. Is she allowed to shout at me i think she is new because i have never seen her before.
Maybe the postlady is in a bad mood because she also bought a pass for the swimming pools she can't use...

Our postie always makes us come down to him to pick up whatever parcel he is delivering. Sometimes he can't even be figged to ring the bell and just puts the "collect it from the post office" chit in our post box.

Cheer up - the weather will improve a bit tomorrow and should be better on Sunday. Go along to the pool regardless but take a big blanket and a flask of something hot and chocolatey (or cold and Scottish ) to warm you up again after your swim.
The following 4 users would like to thank Sandgrounder for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 06.06.2008, 13:23
Mrs. Doolittle's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Aargau
Posts: 5,729
Groaned at 149 Times in 107 Posts
Thanked 6,615 Times in 3,133 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather

Quote:
View Post
Ok i am bored, and ****ed off because of a couple things so here goes my rant.

First what is up with the weather i bought a family card for the open air swimming pool, and we have not used it once because the water is too cold then when it starts to heat up (i drive to the pool everyday to check the tempreture) it rains again so the tempreture goes back down.

Second the post lady shouted at me a few minutes ago because she had to carry a box of wine up the stairs (we live on the ground floor, but you still have to walk up a few stairs) my son buzzed the door because he thought it was my daughter coming home from KG, and i was otherwise engaged. Is she allowed to shout at me i think she is new because i have never seen her before.
Everyone is grouchy - I like to think it's the weather....so much rain.

As for the post lady, I have always found our postal delivery persons to be so friendly. I have never been shouted at. Perhaps she will be nicer if you give her a Christmas gift. We've always done so, but that's a long way away so maybe something in the meantime....
This user would like to thank Mrs. Doolittle for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 06.06.2008, 13:25
nqnln's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Liechtenstein
Posts: 700
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 501 Times in 273 Posts
nqnln has earned the respect of manynqnln has earned the respect of manynqnln has earned the respect of many
Re: Weather

Quote:
View Post
Ok i am bored, and ****ed off because of a couple things so here goes my rant.

First what is up with the weather i bought a family card for the open air swimming pool, and we have not used it once because the water is too cold then when it starts to heat up (i drive to the pool everyday to check the tempreture) it rains again so the tempreture goes back down.
Hey Sutter, you shouldn't need to drive to the pool - check out www.wiewarm.ch and they have listings of current pool temperatures - hopefully yours is there. My local is allegedly 25 degrees at the moment, but I'm not willing to risk it.
I ordered the season pass yesterday fully aware of the current weather. Maybe the rain has gone to my head.
The following 4 users would like to thank nqnln for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 06.06.2008, 13:30
oscarsmum's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: La Belle France
Posts: 245
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 143 Times in 80 Posts
oscarsmum has a reputation beyond reputeoscarsmum has a reputation beyond reputeoscarsmum has a reputation beyond reputeoscarsmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather

Water on the brain.......................: )
  #6  
Old 06.06.2008, 13:34
Sutter's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Thurgau
Posts: 5,796
Groaned at 67 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,589 Posts
Sutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather

As i said she is new, all the other postmen/post ladies have been really nice.

I know i can walk to the pool about 15 minutes, but i am normally out, and about so i nip down quick just to have a look.

With 2 small kiddies and the water only being 22degrees i am not willing to go to the pool because i would have to get in the water with them as they like going into the big pool, and 1 of them cannot swim yet ok he as armbands, and my daughter can swimm, but i would never allow them into the pool on there own as i would be too scared of anything happening to them.

Thanks for replying
__________________
Smile it is another day
  #7  
Old 06.06.2008, 13:39
möpp's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,198
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 1,075 Times in 544 Posts
möpp has a reputation beyond reputemöpp has a reputation beyond reputemöpp has a reputation beyond reputemöpp has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather

Quote:
View Post
First what is up with the weather i bought a family card for the open air swimming pool, and we have not used it once because the water is too cold then when it starts to heat up (i drive to the pool everyday to check the tempreture) it rains again so the tempreture goes back down.
Hi Sutter: our open air swimming pool in Zollikerberg gives the temperature at 22°C at the moment. I went yesterday in the pouring rain and it's actually quite nice swimming in the rain (is there a catchy little tune to go with that?)
The following 3 users would like to thank möpp for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 06.06.2008, 13:41
Sutter's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Thurgau
Posts: 5,796
Groaned at 67 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,589 Posts
Sutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather

Quote:
View Post
Hi Sutter: our open air swimming pool in Zollikerberg gives the temperature at 22°C at the moment. I went yesterday in the pouring rain and it's actually quite nice swimming in the rain (is there a catchy little tune to go with that?)
Wow you are braver than me, thanks but i think i will give it a miss with my 2 nutty kids
  #9  
Old 06.06.2008, 13:58
argus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Zug canton (calmly in Cham)
Posts: 3,378
Groaned at 15 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 2,550 Times in 1,236 Posts
argus has a reputation beyond reputeargus has a reputation beyond reputeargus has a reputation beyond reputeargus has a reputation beyond reputeargus has a reputation beyond reputeargus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather

You poor thing. The weather's a bit dreary over in Cham too and I haven't been to the lake park for a few days.

The mail carrier should've just left the box at the bottom of the stairs and rung the bell to ask you to collect it from there -- if she didn't feel like carrying it up the steps. Guess she felt duty-bound to carry it up, still felt ill used and vented by shouting. "Come in and have a glass, sweets," might not have worked too well.
This user would like to thank argus for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 06.06.2008, 14:00
vwild1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Weather

The weather man says there will be no change in the weather as long as the weather stays like this..

This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 06.06.2008, 14:04
Sutter's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Thurgau
Posts: 5,796
Groaned at 67 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,589 Posts
Sutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather

Quote:
View Post
You poor thing. The weather's a bit dreary over in Cham too and I haven't been to the lake park for a few days.

The mail carrier should've just left the box at the bottom of the stairs and rung the bell to ask you to collect it from there -- if she didn't feel like carrying it up the steps. Guess she felt duty-bound to carry it up, still felt ill used and vented by shouting. "Come in and have a glass, sweets," might not have worked too well.
Thanks, yes i know, i did not ask her to carry it up a few steps. I cannot even go out for a drive because my husband as taken my jeep, and left me his car which i cannot drive i cannot even get it into gear never mind go anywhere
  #12  
Old 06.06.2008, 14:06
Sutter's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Thurgau
Posts: 5,796
Groaned at 67 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,589 Posts
Sutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather

Quote:
View Post
The weather man says there will be no change in the weather as long as the weather stays like this..

What is it going to rain tomorrow **** i am going to watch the football tomorrow in Basel so i hope it does not rain tomorrow

People please stop making rain dances
  #13  
Old 06.06.2008, 14:10
argus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Zug canton (calmly in Cham)
Posts: 3,378
Groaned at 15 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 2,550 Times in 1,236 Posts
argus has a reputation beyond reputeargus has a reputation beyond reputeargus has a reputation beyond reputeargus has a reputation beyond reputeargus has a reputation beyond reputeargus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather

Quote:
View Post
What is it going to rain tomorrow **** i am going to watch the football tomorrow in Basel so i hope it does not rain tomorrow

People please stop making rain dances
No, that was the Talacker bar drunken jig. (Or was it at Pickwick's?)


(Yeah, why won't it rain beer for a change?)
This user would like to thank argus for this useful post:
  #14  
Old 06.06.2008, 14:14
Sutter's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Thurgau
Posts: 5,796
Groaned at 67 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,589 Posts
Sutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather

Quote:
View Post
No, that was the Talacker bar drunken jig. (Or was it at Pickwick's?)


(Yeah, why won't it rain beer for a change?)
Brilliant thanks lets all chant a beer dance
  #15  
Old 06.06.2008, 14:19
Sandgrounder's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ZH
Posts: 10,804
Groaned at 87 Times in 80 Posts
Thanked 18,023 Times in 6,915 Posts
Sandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond reputeSandgrounder has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather

Seeing the lakes with a frothy head of foam would be a bit weird. Also would your hair go fizzy in the beer-rain instead of going frizzy in normal rain..?
The following 2 users would like to thank Sandgrounder for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 06.06.2008, 14:22
argus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Zug canton (calmly in Cham)
Posts: 3,378
Groaned at 15 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 2,550 Times in 1,236 Posts
argus has a reputation beyond reputeargus has a reputation beyond reputeargus has a reputation beyond reputeargus has a reputation beyond reputeargus has a reputation beyond reputeargus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather

We can organise a foam party outdoors. Coolio.

(Mine goes fuzzy.)


Quote:
View Post
Seeing the lakes with a frothy head of foam would be a bit weird. Also would your hair go fizzy in the beer-rain instead of going frizzy in normal rain..?
This user would like to thank argus for this useful post:
  #17  
Old 06.06.2008, 14:24
Sutter's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Thurgau
Posts: 5,796
Groaned at 67 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,589 Posts
Sutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather

Quote:
View Post
Seeing the lakes with a frothy head of foam would be a bit weird. Also would your hair go fizzy in the beer-rain instead of going frizzy in normal rain..?
Erm............ beer, an frizzy hair, or straight hair, and beer lets take a vote i vote frizzy hair, and lots of beer
  #18  
Old 06.06.2008, 14:25
Sutter's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Thurgau
Posts: 5,796
Groaned at 67 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,589 Posts
Sutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather

Quote:
View Post
We can organise a foam party outdoors. Coolio.

(Mine goes fuzzy.)
Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee beer foam party when, and where i will be there
  #19  
Old 06.06.2008, 14:31
ze devil's advocate's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 829
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 653 Times in 349 Posts
Blog Entries: 8
ze devil's advocate has a reputation beyond reputeze devil's advocate has a reputation beyond reputeze devil's advocate has a reputation beyond reputeze devil's advocate has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather

Quote:
View Post
....but i would never allow them into the pool on there own as i would be too scared of anything happening to them.

Thanks for replying
You are a good mummy. Unlike the mum yesterday who let her very little kid go 10 meters ahead of her while approaching a very dangerous crossing (cars come off the motorway at high speed). Kid almost got knocked out as she overshot the crossing in her mini bike. I saw it coming but the mum was in her own world.

Do you use a thermometer to measure pool temp?

The following 2 users would like to thank ze devil's advocate for this useful post:
  #20  
Old 06.06.2008, 14:34
Sutter's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Thurgau
Posts: 5,796
Groaned at 67 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,589 Posts
Sutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather

Quote:
View Post
You are a good mummy. Unlike the mum yesterday who let her very little kid go 10 meters ahead of her while approaching a very dangerous crossing (cars come off the motorway at high speed). Kid almost got knocked out as she overshot the crossing in her mini bike. I saw it coming but the mum was in her own world.

Do you use a thermometer to measure pool temp?

Bloody hell is that true, i would never let my kids let go of my hands on a road.

LOL for the thermometer photo
Closed Thread

Tags
snow, sun, weather




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weather in Switzerland Nobles Daily life 44 22.07.2011 13:15
Fall weather... Peg A Daily life 0 29.08.2009 23:29
Weather Woes raincookie Daily life 22 20.03.2009 11:32
Weather in March? chardie18 Other/general 3 12.10.2008 15:32


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0