Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Activities > Concerts  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 15.02.2010, 17:04
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
thiagogita has no particular reputation at present
Re: Alternative bars and clubs

Alter Metz is really cool. But mostly for metal people. Kontik, next to Mc Donalds at Niederdorf is also a bar full o headbangers but more alternative.

Does anybody wants to have a beer at alter metz? Send me a msg
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 15.02.2010, 17:15
cyrus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Emmenbruecke
Posts: 2,956
Groaned at 37 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 3,373 Times in 1,477 Posts
cyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alternative bars and clubs

Quote:
View Post
Darn it, I am away this weekend Cyrus. I hope it goes well (sounds like good sounds to me) so that you get to do it again. This'll be your 2nd time at Bar 59, so it appears you're going down well.
I will defo make the trip next time you're on. Any follow up sets planned yet?

Cheers,
HB
Cheers, will let you know, think it went down alright but it was a bit quieter this time round. Going to follow up with 59 shortly, also another booker was interested and took my details.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 15.02.2010, 17:25
Gastro Gnome's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 3,555
Groaned at 50 Times in 36 Posts
Thanked 2,856 Times in 1,550 Posts
Gastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond reputeGastro Gnome has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alternative bars and clubs

I wrote about it on the Zürich clubs thread, but the After Hours party at Stairs on Sundays is definitely one of my most alternative experiences here.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Gastro Gnome for this useful post:
  #44  
Old 16.02.2010, 22:08
Kayser Soze's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 153
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 44 Times in 32 Posts
Kayser Soze has no particular reputation at present
Re: Alternative bars and clubs

Quote:
View Post
Hmm Pirates in Hinwil is pretty good apparently, i used to live in hinwil but never went. You take the s9 straight through to hinwil from zuri which will take about 40 mins or you can take the more regular s5 to uster and then change and get s9 from uster to Hinwil.
I have been to Pirate bar, and I must admit that after living 10 years in Switzerland this is the best place in terms of "good mood" I have ever been. I highly recommend it.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 28.05.2010, 13:05
cyrus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Emmenbruecke
Posts: 2,956
Groaned at 37 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 3,373 Times in 1,477 Posts
cyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alternative bars and clubs

Quote:
View Post
Cheers, will let you know, think it went down alright but it was a bit quieter this time round. Going to follow up with 59 shortly, also another booker was interested and took my details.

Back again at Bar 59 on Friday the 4th June (next week) with a mix of indie, beats, indie hip hop, non commercial house, tech and dubstep and other stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 17.02.2018, 20:23
AKG AKG is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Zurih
Posts: 5
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
AKG is considered a nuisanceAKG is considered a nuisanceAKG is considered a nuisance
Re: Alternative bars and clubs

hello zurich,

I would kindly ask for recommendations of good clubs in Zurich, that are as much "underground" as possible (imagine rearranged basements in Berlin clubbing scene style) and that they play techno, minimal, tech house, house, progressive or trance music. I don't like commercial settings, neither commercial music, let alone hiphop, RnB or rap etc.

So far I only know for Zukunft and Hive.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 17.02.2018, 20:59
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Leimbach, Zürich
Posts: 5,066
Groaned at 296 Times in 232 Posts
Thanked 5,485 Times in 2,785 Posts
EdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alternative bars and clubs

Quote:
View Post
hello zurich,

I would kindly ask for recommendations of good clubs in Zurich, that are as much "underground" as possible (imagine rearranged basements in Berlin clubbing scene style) and that they play techno, minimal, tech house, house, progressive or trance music. I don't like commercial settings, neither commercial music, let alone hiphop, RnB or rap etc.

So far I only know for Zukunft and Hive.
You sound like the kind of guy who might like Helsinki

I'd recommend DJ Marcelle on the 2nd of March. I really like my previous evenings there with Marcelle behind the turntables, I am totally not a techno but more a Grindcore kind of guy but the atmosphere was so great that I just had to go along.

https://www.helsinkiklub.ch
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank EdwinNL for this useful post:
  #48  
Old 17.02.2018, 21:00
higgybaby's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,028
Groaned at 44 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 800 Times in 411 Posts
higgybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alternative bars and clubs

Quote:
View Post
hello zurich,

I would kindly ask for recommendations of good clubs in Zurich, that are as much "underground" as possible (imagine rearranged basements in Berlin clubbing scene style) and that they play techno, minimal, tech house, house, progressive or trance music. I don't like commercial settings, neither commercial music, let alone hiphop, RnB or rap etc.

So far I only know for Zukunft and Hive.
http://kauzig.ch
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 18.02.2018, 19:41
Uncle Max's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Züri
Posts: 7,658
Groaned at 171 Times in 111 Posts
Thanked 8,424 Times in 3,486 Posts
Uncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alternative bars and clubs

Quote:
View Post
You sound like the kind of guy who might like Helsinki

I'd recommend DJ Marcelle on the 2nd of March. I really like my previous evenings there with Marcelle behind the turntables, I am totally not a techno but more a Grindcore kind of guy but the atmosphere was so great that I just had to go along.

https://www.helsinkiklub.ch
+1 for Marcelle. She's an original. Not entirely aligned with OPs wishes, but Marcelle will dip into the deep stuff and it's always entertaining.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 19.02.2018, 10:54
flow23's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zürich
Posts: 3,030
Groaned at 91 Times in 69 Posts
Thanked 1,768 Times in 960 Posts
flow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alternative bars and clubs

Quote:
View Post
hello zurich,

I would kindly ask for recommendations of good clubs in Zurich, that are as much "underground" as possible (imagine rearranged basements in Berlin clubbing scene style) and that they play techno, minimal, tech house, house, progressive or trance music. I don't like commercial settings, neither commercial music, let alone hiphop, RnB or rap etc.

So far I only know for Zukunft and Hive.
its all diminishing by the hour. Loops and Staircase...dunno if they're still there?
Fridas Büxe could be added, Hive, Helsinki. Berlin style eventually was Dachkantine, maybe Binz, but its closed sind 12 years. as Zurich never had deserted factories and no-mans-land areas in a countless manner as Berlin, Tresor, E-Werk or Berghain style clubs never existed and never will, as its all turned into Europaallee sooner or later...
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 19.03.2018, 23:18
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
eroeter has no particular reputation at present
Re: Alternative bars and clubs

Hafenkneipe and Bogen F (along with El Lokal , Rote Fabrik already mentioned) are some of my favourites.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank eroeter for this useful post:
  #52  
Old 20.03.2018, 09:21
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
MariaDM has no particular reputation at present
Re: Alternative bars and clubs

kauz is nice. Zukunft, hive, supermarket aswell if you're into techno
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07.09.2018, 16:45
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Lugano
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Swissteo has no particular reputation at present
Re: Alternative bars and clubs

Quote:
View Post
its all diminishing by the hour. Loops and Staircase...dunno if they're still there?
Fridas Büxe could be added, Hive, Helsinki. Berlin style eventually was Dachkantine, maybe Binz, but its closed sind 12 years. as Zurich never had deserted factories and no-mans-land areas in a countless manner as Berlin, Tresor, E-Werk or Berghain style clubs never existed and never will, as its all turned into Europaallee sooner or later...
Kinda sad but understandable...
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alternative to Google allegra_:) General off-topic 3 01.03.2010 23:06
Alternative US flag Nev International affairs/politics 7 24.01.2009 11:36
Getting into bars/clubs with American ID/passport Shlarin Entertainment & dining 23 20.07.2008 23:31
Hookah bars in the Lausanne area? ["smoking bars"] pooyap Entertainment & dining 4 31.03.2008 09:59
[Bern] Something alternative Polorise Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 4 21.06.2007 15:34


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0