Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24.10.2005, 15:28
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: iibach
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
scotandy has no particular reputation at present
seeking advice

First of all hello to you all,this is my fist post here.
I have been living in iibach on and off for about a year now,and im hoping to make a permanent move.
Basically i`m aware i can only spend 6 months out of the year here,so i have been working back home in scotland,and im also in the process of making my debut album with friends in Finland,so spending time away isn`t so much as a hastle as it could be.
I`m living with my swiss girlfriend and hoping to find work.
Can anyone advise me on the law regarding residency and employment as most websites seem to contradict themselves (at best)..
any help very much appreciated.
andy .)
Reply With Quote
Old 04.11.2005, 10:56
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Horgen
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sarah_groundsell has no particular reputation at present
Re: seeking advice

Hi my name is Sarah and I work for a recruitment company who specialises in finding Banking, Finance and I.T. people work in Switzerland.

In my experience it is easy to obtain a work permit if you have an EU passport.

If you can find a company who would like to hire you then the company have to apply for a work permit and as far as I know this is very straight forward.

There are 3 types of permits, L, B and C.

L is a temporary permit (for contract work).
B is a permanent permit (for permanent employees).
C is a residency permit (you have to have lived here for something like 10 years to apply for this).

I hope this helps you. If you have any other questions send me an email sarah@stamford-consultants.com or have a look at our website www.stamford-consultants.com it contains some useful information.

Good luck with your job search and move over here.
Reply With Quote
Old 04.11.2005, 11:51
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rapperswil moving to Geneva
Posts: 5
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Charlie has no particular reputation at present
Re: seeking advice

Sarah...just to correct you (sorry).. the C permit (permanent residency) for EU citizens is applicable after the 5th year as continuous resident with employment.

Some Kantons will even transfer the B to C automatically now.

B permits are issued to EU citizens for 5 years.

New rules regarding the cross border traffic, post the Sept Schengen vote, are slowly coming into play, making it vastly easier for EU citizens to come and find work in Switzerland. In 2007 Switzerland will be part of Schengen.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:28.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0