Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 31.03.2012, 23:57
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,491
Groaned at 655 Times in 417 Posts
Thanked 16,388 Times in 6,379 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
Asking because me and my wife are considering to new start a life there...

We are still young (20s) and want to make a move to a different place on our planet. We both are passionate and colorful humans that love learning to know different people and their culture than our own.

There are multiple reasons why we choose Switzerland. but most significant is we expect a baby girl soon and have high regard for Switzerland's educational system and environmental ethics.

So i'd probably come visit before making this major step into the unknown.

but, thought i'd ask on this forum first.
How do you like Switzerland??

I've been reading posts here about rumors of grumpiness and hostility towards immigrates.
I understand how some immigrants exploit your social benefits but I am a skilled engineer and law abiding citizen, and wish to be a productive member of society..
Also , I was born in South-Africa and my home language is Afrikaans which is derived from Dutch & German and I'd very much like to learn fluent German.

Do you think i can make a home in Switzerland? would i feel unwelcome
I don't mean to discourage you from coming overhere, as any experience in another country is certainly priceless. If you're thinking of coming to Switzerland with an option to leaving back to Canada, then I suggest you make the leap. However, if you won't be able to get back to Canada or you move will severly impact your finances, then I suggest you don't bother as this place isn't for everyone. To put it mildly, for me, this place blows! You won't be having the same living standard that you have in Canada. Overhere, you'll have to plan ahead for every necessity and getting your basic needs met is a major hassle due to the stringent opening hours and the lack of availability across most segments. Customer service is mostly garbage and so is the food. Prices are through the roof for almost any amenity except electricity and electronics. There is no quick 2am Tim Hortons stint when you feel like having some Timbits...or you need cough syrup on a weekend, then you'll have to wait until Monday or go to the emergency room.....etc. Sure, those can be considered minor details, but it's exactly those details, that make life comfortable IMO. If I were you, I'd take the aforementioned advice and come visit for a couple of weeks and get a feel for the place.
Reply With Quote
The following 10 users would like to thank lost_inbroad for this useful post:
  #22  
Old 01.04.2012, 02:09
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DIJON
Posts: 8
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Aindriu Padraig has no particular reputation at present
Re: How is switzerland?

Hi everyone. I've just joined and I was looking at this thread. I'm looking for summer work in Switzerland and could do with some help. I am living in France for 7 months now so I have reasonable French and some German(I have many German and Austrian friends)on me. I visited Switzerland in November last and I really loved it and want to go back for a longer period. I have 20 years of age and am fluent in English as I come from Ireland.

I have experience in managing small shops as well as farm work and selling of produce. I was also writing for many newspapers back in Ireland and I was working as an English language assistant on a voluntary basis both back home, and as a voluntary tutor here in France. I would really like to find work in Fribourg. Willing to work at any job so long as it pays enough to live on and with a bit of savings as well. Available for 5 months from April 20th-September 20th(roughly).
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Aindriu Padraig for this post:
  #23  
Old 01.04.2012, 02:11
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DIJON
Posts: 8
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Aindriu Padraig has no particular reputation at present
Re: How is switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
Hi everyone. I've just joined and I was looking at this thread. I'm looking for summer work in Switzerland and could do with some help. I am living in France for 7 months now so I have reasonable French and some German(I have many German and Austrian friends)on me. I visited Switzerland in November last and I really loved it and want to go back for a longer period. I have 20 years of age and am fluent in English as I come from Ireland.

I have experience in managing small shops as well as farm work and selling of produce. I was also writing for many newspapers back in Ireland and I was working as an English language assistant on a voluntary basis both back home, and as a voluntary tutor here in France. I would really like to find work in Fribourg. Willing to work at any job so long as it pays enough to live on and with a bit of savings as well. Available for 5 months from April 20th-September 20th(roughly).
Advice from other Irish people who have worked in Switzerland before would be great too.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01.04.2012, 02:15
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,491
Groaned at 655 Times in 417 Posts
Thanked 16,388 Times in 6,379 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
Hi everyone. I've just joined and I was looking at this thread. I'm looking for summer work in Switzerland and could do with some help. I am living in France for 7 months now so I have reasonable French and some German(I have many German and Austrian friends)on me. I visited Switzerland in November last and I really loved it and want to go back for a longer period. I have 20 years of age and am fluent in English as I come from Ireland.

I have experience in managing small shops as well as farm work and selling of produce. I was also writing for many newspapers back in Ireland and I was working as an English language assistant on a voluntary basis both back home, and as a voluntary tutor here in France. I would really like to find work in Fribourg. Willing to work at any job so long as it pays enough to live on and with a bit of savings as well. Available for 5 months from April 20th-September 20th(roughly).
1. Maybe you should write your own thread.

2. Unless you are writing in some Irish dialect, your English doesn't seem quite sufficient to be writing for an Irish newspaper.

3. Your username sounds Romanian.

4. You can fool some people some time but you can't fool everybody all the time.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01.04.2012, 02:31
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DIJON
Posts: 8
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Aindriu Padraig has no particular reputation at present
Re: How is switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
1. Maybe you should write your own thread.

2. Unless you are writing in some Irish dialect, your English doesn't seem quite sufficient to be writing for an Irish newspaper.

3. Your username sounds Romanian.

4. You can fool some people some time but you can't fool everybody all the time.
My English is as good as yours thanks. And it's a Gaelic name because much of my family comes from Connemara which is a bilingual region in the west of Ireland. I'm from Meath in the East of Ireland myself. And as someone who studies languages including English, and who has researched on different English dialects and given English classes, I can tell you that Irish(Hiberno) English is a dialect of the English language. It centres around the noun with the grammar and synthax of the Irish language transformed into English(Sorry if we don't all speak like Brits or Yanks).

Maybe you shouldn't stick your nose up every dog's arse if you haven't anything worth saying.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Aindriu Padraig for this useful post:
The following 2 users groan at Aindriu Padraig for this post:
  #26  
Old 01.04.2012, 02:38
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DIJON
Posts: 8
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Aindriu Padraig has no particular reputation at present
Re: How is switzerland?

Also anyone who knows anything about the German language knows about the Swiss German dialect which most German speakers outside of Switzerland have trouble understanding if they hear the natives of Switzerland speaking it together. The same can be said of Irish English or Gabonese French. It doesn't mean other native speakers are any better. I have English friends and we definitely don't speak Meath or Essex English together.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01.04.2012, 02:48
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,491
Groaned at 655 Times in 417 Posts
Thanked 16,388 Times in 6,379 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
My English is as good as yours thanks. And it's a Gaelic name because much of my family comes from Connemara which is a bilingual region in the west of Ireland. I'm from Meath in the East of Ireland myself. And as someone who studies languages including English, and who has researched on different English dialects and given English classes, I can tell you that Irish(Hiberno) English is a dialect of the English language. It centres around the noun with the grammar and synthax of the Irish language transformed into English(Sorry if we don't all speak like Brits or Yanks).

Maybe you shouldn't stick your nose up every dog's arse if you haven't anything worth saying.
In that case, I apologize...however, syntax is spelled without the "h".


Edit: After some serious googling, I educated myself thanks to our new Irish friend here. Apparently, Irish (Hiberno) has a different syntax than standard English and thus, I would like to take this opportunity to remove the foot out of my mouth... However (and in my defense), it does read like foreign English though.

Last edited by lost_inbroad; 01.04.2012 at 03:02.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank lost_inbroad for this useful post:
  #28  
Old 01.04.2012, 02:51
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: How is switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
My English is as good as yours thanks. And it's a Gaelic name because much of my family comes from Connemara which is a bilingual region in the west of Ireland. I'm from Meath in the East of Ireland myself. And as someone who studies languages including English, and who has researched on different English dialects and given English classes, I can tell you that Irish(Hiberno) English is a dialect of the English language. It centres around the noun with the grammar and synthax of the Irish language transformed into English(Sorry if we don't all speak like Brits or Yanks).
No need to be rude here.

Maybe you shouldn't stick your nose up every dog's arse if you haven't anything worth saying.
No comment.

Quote:
View Post
Also anyone who knows anything about the German language knows about the Swiss German dialect which most German speakers outside of Switzerland have trouble understanding if they hear the natives of Switzerland speaking it together. The same can be said of Irish English or Gabonese French. It doesn't mean other native speakers are any better. I have English friends and we definitely don't speak Meath or Essex English together.
This is simply wrong and very offensive to some Swiss folks. We speak a whole bunch of dialects here.
For further discussion of your initial question, it would be better if you'd write your own thread.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #29  
Old 01.04.2012, 02:55
Chemmie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,144
Groaned at 33 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,233 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is switzerland?

Back on topic, for the OP I think the visit/vacation is the best idea. There is a lot of oldfashioned ingrained culture here which might seem very archaic to those accustomed to more liberal values such as in Canada. They might seem wrong or backwards, but it works very well for the people and the country here. Personally, part of the reason I jumped ship from Canada was to experience the more conservative lifestyles as the liberal nature of Canada had begun to irritate me considerably.

As for raising a child--I do believe Canada is one of the best places to do so. The education system is good and foremost, very flexible. Having done a semester here in highschool it baffled me to see almost my entire class choosing their life career and finishing their academic persuits at 16. Yes this works well and succesfully for many, however this streaming system could hinder the potential of many who are not at the point to make lifetime decisions. Also I have found the Canadian healthcare system to be far superior.

Also do note, in switzerland to be considered an engineer, many expect a Masters degree. A bachelors degree in Switzerland is not considered sufficient in graduating as an engineer. Technical jobs are still there, but just fyi.
__________________
"You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com" -Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Chemmie for this useful post:
  #30  
Old 01.04.2012, 03:28
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: canada
Posts: 27
Groaned at 7 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
intMem has become a little unpopularintMem has become a little unpopular
Re: How is switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
I am just curious.. Have you considered how you are going to qualify for a work/ residence permit?

It took me years to qualify to move here and it drives me nuts when people just say " maybe we should just move to Switzerland! "
i realize the effort.
I had to move mountains to get into Canada.

and i wasn't born into wealth and did not inherit anything. I had to work extra hard to get here to watch the mountains form my window today in a fantastic country..
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank intMem for this useful post:
  #31  
Old 01.04.2012, 03:52
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: canada
Posts: 27
Groaned at 7 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
intMem has become a little unpopularintMem has become a little unpopular
Re: How is switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
Back on topic, for the OP I think the visit/vacation is the best idea. There is a lot of oldfashioned ingrained culture here which might seem very archaic to those accustomed to more liberal values such as in Canada. They might seem wrong or backwards, but it works very well for the people and the country here. Personally, part of the reason I jumped ship from Canada was to experience the more conservative lifestyles as the liberal nature of Canada had begun to irritate me considerably.

As for raising a child--I do believe Canada is one of the best places to do so. The education system is good and foremost, very flexible. Having done a semester here in highschool it baffled me to see almost my entire class choosing their life career and finishing their academic persuits at 16. Yes this works well and succesfully for many, however this streaming system could hinder the potential of many who are not at the point to make lifetime decisions. Also I have found the Canadian healthcare system to be far superior.

Also do note, in switzerland to be considered an engineer, many expect a Masters degree. A bachelors degree in Switzerland is not considered sufficient in graduating as an engineer. Technical jobs are still there, but just fyi.
this was very informative.... thx

yeah my degree might not even be sufficient.

coming from south-africa to canada was a world apart. This country is extremely well governed and much safer to raise a child compared.
I was raised during apartheid regime and back then our countries (SA and swizerland) had good relations. not so sure today.

i should be content to live here but like to dream of living in exotic location and connecting with fellow earthlings across the globe.

for now,, i'll just come visit.

offtopic...was watching a documentary on the Amish and they are really really conservative. still a tight community and i kinda envy their values.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01.04.2012, 04:00
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: canada
Posts: 27
Groaned at 7 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
intMem has become a little unpopularintMem has become a little unpopular
Re: How is switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
It took me years to qualify to move here and it drives me nuts when people just say " maybe we should just move to Switzerland! "
another thing;
it's sad how we divide our planet into sections with borders that is semi-impossible to cross.

after all, you breath my air and i yours.. would it be preferable to border the air so all countries and breath their own pollution

i just wanna come live with the Swiss for awhile. jeez, is that 2 much to ask
mingling with different cultures might be beneficial for the uptight old grumpy people there 2
Reply With Quote
This user groans at intMem for this post:
  #33  
Old 01.04.2012, 09:45
red_conundrum's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bqoiutniw
Posts: 371
Groaned at 84 Times in 42 Posts
Thanked 574 Times in 205 Posts
red_conundrum has a reputation beyond reputered_conundrum has a reputation beyond reputered_conundrum has a reputation beyond reputered_conundrum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is switzerland?

Hi, initMem,

Here's some friendly advice given some generalizations from what you wrote and my experience in Switzerland. Keep in mind they're generatlizations, so they may/may not apply to you. They're rather randomly arranged, stream of consciousness style.

1. Switzerland can be tough for engineers. Depending on the type of engineer you are, it may be easy/not so easy to find a job. But even if you do find a job, let me tell you that the pace of "engineering" here (unless it is mechanical or has a lot to do with manufacturing) is A LOT SLOWER than in the US (and possibly Canada). If you're an EE or a wireless guy you will be bored to death in a typical Swiss company. Swiss companies are extremely conservative and brash, too direct, honest communication is "discouraged" so much that if you indulge in it anyway you may soon find yourself out of a job. Good luck finding another one, search time (depending on how good you are and whether you speak German or French) can go from 3 months to a year or two.

2. It is VERY DIFFICULT to make Swiss friends. I have expat friends here who after 6 years of living here cannot count a single "real Swiss" as part of their friend circle. So consider that when leaving a nice circle of friends in Canada. The social aspects of Switzerland are known to be very difficult for most expats.

3. You seem to want to "change countries" just so you experience a different culture. While one does not argue with taste, one would have to wonder why Switzerland, in particular? In terms of "interesting" and very "different" cultures, why not move to South America, India, Japan, China, or a friendly muslim nation like Morocco or Turkey? You seem to be like a young, dynamic, full of life kind of person so in particular, a place like Argentina, Chile, or Mexico might be very friendly to your interests. Switzerland is still a "Western" country with all the luxuries of hot water and electricity in every home and because of that not particularly different from Canada. The food is not particularly innovative. The people are not particularly gregarious (at least not with foreigners). Yes, there are pretty mountains but so are there also in South America, China, and the alps also exist in France and Italy.

4. If travelling/knowing places is your interest, why not just take a several months vacation travelling between several countries of interest? You can stay in each country for 3-4 weeks and get an idea of what the country is like. My impression of you is that you're young and want to see the world. That's fantastic! But between travelling/seeing the world and actually living somewhere and making it your home there's a world (no pun intended) of difference. When you're looking to settle down somewhere your concerns and priorities will be different and to tell you the truth once you settle and start living somewhere your day-to-day responsibilities like your job, shopping for groceries, putting gas on the car, paying taxes will be exactly the same (if not more difficult here in Switzerland) than they are in Canada. So consider exactly why you're moving and what it is you really want to accomplish.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank red_conundrum for this useful post:
  #34  
Old 01.04.2012, 11:01
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CH
Posts: 1,038
Groaned at 244 Times in 117 Posts
Thanked 699 Times in 434 Posts
Bucentaure is considered a nuisanceBucentaure is considered a nuisanceBucentaure is considered a nuisance
Re: How is switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
...
... Your username sounds Romanian.
...
If it were "Andriu" without the extra "i" in the collegue's name,

it would be Romansh (you know, Switzerland's main language north of the Alps before those criminal Alemannic asylum seekers have taken over the country ), not Romanian. More Swissness is hardly possible.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Bucentaure for this useful post:
  #35  
Old 01.04.2012, 12:49
Chemmie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,144
Groaned at 33 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 4,951 Times in 2,233 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
another thing;
it's sad how we divide our planet into sections with borders that is semi-impossible to cross.

after all, you breath my air and i yours.. would it be preferable to border the air so all countries and breath their own pollution

i just wanna come live with the Swiss for awhile. jeez, is that 2 much to ask
mingling with different cultures might be beneficial for the uptight old grumpy people there 2
I agree with your opinion and support your ideas, but these are exactly some examples of why CH might not be right for you. Many swiss are very much in favor of strict planet borders, ideally they would like to border their air from the rest of the world. They will have no problem mingling, but it won't be to any benefit to them becuase they have it right and best, and have for many years. This is the big cultural difference from Canada.
The swiss have produced a utopian-like image of mountains and the such--which is nice, but one must also note, tourism is one of their strong points, and they market it accordingly.
So I think you and your SO would definitely enjoy some time here, but I think your child would have the best opportunities to grow up to be a successful global citizen in Canada.
__________________
"You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com" -Benjamin Franklin
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank Chemmie for this useful post:
  #36  
Old 01.04.2012, 12:58
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: na
Posts: 11,248
Groaned at 37 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 26,732 Times in 8,253 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How is switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
I am just curious.. Have you considered how you are going to qualify for a work/ residence permit?

It took me years to qualify to move here and it drives me nuts when people just say " maybe we should just move to Switzerland! "
This needs to be stressed. OP, as a non-EU, you are at a significant disadvantage when it comes to securing a job and a permit. An employer must first prove that there are no CH or EU candidates able or available to do the job - which unless you are highly specialized is rather a long shot. Many companies will not go to the hassle and expense this requires. The authorities are holding firm on this, given these tough economic times - it is difficult to get a permit for a non-EU applicant.

If you are an EU or CH citizen, that's an completely different ballgame.

Just make sure you understand the current situation as you make plans.

Best of luck to you.
Reply With Quote
The following 8 users would like to thank meloncollie for this useful post:
  #37  
Old 01.04.2012, 19:06
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DIJON
Posts: 8
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Aindriu Padraig has no particular reputation at present
Re: How is switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
In that case, I apologize...however, syntax is spelled without the "h".


Edit: After some serious googling, I educated myself thanks to our new Irish friend here. Apparently, Irish (Hiberno) has a different syntax than standard English and thus, I would like to take this opportunity to remove the foot out of my mouth... However (and in my defense), it does read like foreign English though.
That's alright. When translating documents in class I don't understand how American business English can be considered English as it's full of shite that I've neevr heard anyone write or say. I've translated things no business in Ireland would ever write anyways so there are many ways of looking at it. Every cripple has his own way of walking.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Aindriu Padraig for this post:
  #38  
Old 01.04.2012, 19:08
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DIJON
Posts: 8
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Aindriu Padraig has no particular reputation at present
Re: How is switzerland?

Quote:
For further discussion of your initial question, it would be better if you'd write your own thread.
I can't. It won't let me when I click on thread starter. Can't one of ye kind people just message me or tell me here? It's all relevant to working in Switzerland.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01.04.2012, 19:12
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DIJON
Posts: 8
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Aindriu Padraig has no particular reputation at present
Re: How is switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
another thing;
it's sad how we divide our planet into sections with borders that is semi-impossible to cross.

after all, you breath my air and i yours.. would it be preferable to border the air so all countries and breath their own pollution

i just wanna come live with the Swiss for awhile. jeez, is that 2 much to ask
mingling with different cultures might be beneficial for the uptight old grumpy people there 2
So Irish English gets complaints and text language doesn't?

That's a nice idea you have there. Good luck selling it.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01.04.2012, 19:15
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DIJON
Posts: 8
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Aindriu Padraig has no particular reputation at present
Re: How is switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
If it were "Andriu" without the extra "i" in the collegue's name,

it would be Romansh (you know, Switzerland's main language north of the Alps before those criminal Alemannic asylum seekers have taken over the country ), not Romanian. More Swissness is hardly possible.
Ich habe lust fuer Switzzertuueetsch lernen.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How secure is a CDI ( contract indeterminé ) in Switzerland? Glaceir1 Employment 8 16.03.2012 12:58
How Is Domino's Pizza in Switzerland? Swisstobe Food and drink 122 27.01.2011 05:07
How is the lifestyle in Switzerland? piyanist_1991 Daily life 29 31.08.2010 16:34
How is foreign income taxed in Switzerland? Pascale266 Finance/banking/taxation 1 08.05.2010 18:04
How is the Jobmarket currently in Switzerland? AnAustralian Employment 2 16.11.2008 14:22


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0