Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 18.12.2007, 13:53
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Portugal
Posts: 210
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 31 Times in 18 Posts
Sorensen has earned some respectSorensen has earned some respect
What is Spesenpauschale, and can they just put it on the bill?

We just got the bill from the tax accountant; expensive but it was a bit complicated for that period.

What bothers me is the item Spesenpauschale - to me it looks like he just added 3% to cover Xmas presents or something. It is surely not something we asked for.

What exactly does the word mean, and when can it be added?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 18.12.2007, 14:17
Lob's Avatar
Lob Lob is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: -
Posts: 7,814
Groaned at 49 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 1,973 Times in 1,060 Posts
Blog Entries: 1
Lob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is Spesenpauschale, and can they just put it on the bill?

Spesen are expenses. So he's added 3% for incidentals, time, stamps, paper, envelopes, etc
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 18.12.2007, 14:21
Tilia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZH
Posts: 2,631
Groaned at 74 Times in 40 Posts
Thanked 2,398 Times in 1,093 Posts
Tilia has a reputation beyond reputeTilia has a reputation beyond reputeTilia has a reputation beyond reputeTilia has a reputation beyond reputeTilia has a reputation beyond reputeTilia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is Spesenpauschale, and can they just put it on the bill?

3% seems a bit high.... And what is "expensive"? Normal tax-advice as in doing tax declaration for private person would be between 500-800 CHF. Add some complications, some real estate etc and maybe max 2000 CHF for the year would seem reasonable to me.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 18.12.2007, 14:30
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Luzern currently
Posts: 2,565
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 720 Times in 373 Posts
Richard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is Spesenpauschale, and can they just put it on the bill?

Quote:
View Post
3% seems a bit high.... And what is "expensive"? Normal tax-advice as in doing tax declaration for private person would be between 500-800 CHF. Add some complications, some real estate etc and maybe max 2000 CHF for the year would seem reasonable to me.
2000 CHF in that case if anybody wants there tax declaration dealing with I am more than happy to provide a service...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 18.12.2007, 14:31
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Portugal
Posts: 210
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 31 Times in 18 Posts
Sorensen has earned some respectSorensen has earned some respect
Re: What is Spesenpauschale, and can they just put it on the bill?

CHF 2375 + VAT. But we were living in DK and CH, with assets both places, and he negotiated a deal where expenses for double household + plane tickets were deducted.

The authorities found it hard to believe that a married woman, with a child, could do something as weird as having residence in Switzerland while leaving the family in Denmark. I think there were 2 weekends we did not see each other.

Anyway, sounds like he is pushing it a bit, I thought that sort were included.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 18.12.2007, 14:35
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Luzern currently
Posts: 2,565
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 720 Times in 373 Posts
Richard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond reputeRichard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is Spesenpauschale, and can they just put it on the bill?

Quote:
View Post
CHF 2375 + VAT. But we were living in DK and CH, with assets both places, and he negotiated a deal where expenses for double household + plane tickets were deducted.

The authorities found it hard to believe that a married woman, with a child, could do something as weird as having residence in Switzerland while leaving the family in Denmark. I think there were 2 weekends we did not see each other.

Anyway, sounds like he is pushing it a bit, I thought that sort were included.
That is all relatively straightforward if you are having a family abroad. I hope that he also dealt with any Danish tax issues for this money. If so then fair enough. The amount of money tax advisors (not tax experts ie qualified tax lawyers) is actually defined according to agreements and the top whack is CHF 250 per hour...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18.12.2007, 14:39
Tilia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZH
Posts: 2,631
Groaned at 74 Times in 40 Posts
Thanked 2,398 Times in 1,093 Posts
Tilia has a reputation beyond reputeTilia has a reputation beyond reputeTilia has a reputation beyond reputeTilia has a reputation beyond reputeTilia has a reputation beyond reputeTilia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is Spesenpauschale, and can they just put it on the bill?

Haha, believe me, I know all to well what you're talking about ;-) Here's another one of those "weirdos".

It is high but might be worth it in the long run. If the guy can help you out during the year when you have issues because he knows you and because he have good connections with the authorities, well I would accept.



Quote:
View Post
CHF 2375 + VAT. But we were living in DK and CH, with assets both places, and he negotiated a deal where expenses for double household + plane tickets were deducted.

The authorities found it hard to believe that a married woman, with a child, could do something as weird as having residence in Switzerland while leaving the family in Denmark. I think there were 2 weekends we did not see each other.

Anyway, sounds like he is pushing it a bit, I thought that sort were included.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 18.12.2007, 15:21
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Portugal
Posts: 210
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 31 Times in 18 Posts
Sorensen has earned some respectSorensen has earned some respect
Re: What is Spesenpauschale, and can they just put it on the bill?

Quote:
View Post
That is all relatively straightforward if you are having a family abroad. I hope that he also dealt with any Danish tax issues for this money. If so then fair enough. The amount of money tax advisors (not tax experts ie qualified tax lawyers) is actually defined according to agreements and the top whack is CHF 250 per hour...
He IS a tax lawyer - so he using his rate for secretary work it looks like.

Next time I do it myself.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 18.12.2007, 15:26
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ch
Posts: 2,291
Groaned at 37 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 1,623 Times in 836 Posts
gooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond reputegooner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is Spesenpauschale, and can they just put it on the bill?

Quote:
View Post
3% seems a bit high.... And what is "expensive"? Normal tax-advice as in doing tax declaration for private person would be between 500-800 CHF. Add some complications, some real estate etc and maybe max 2000 CHF for the year would seem reasonable to me.

Yes, let me put you on to my guy.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 18.12.2007, 15:29
Tilia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZH
Posts: 2,631
Groaned at 74 Times in 40 Posts
Thanked 2,398 Times in 1,093 Posts
Tilia has a reputation beyond reputeTilia has a reputation beyond reputeTilia has a reputation beyond reputeTilia has a reputation beyond reputeTilia has a reputation beyond reputeTilia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is Spesenpauschale, and can they just put it on the bill?

If he's a lawyer, I would say he is probably worth it. Not because of the actual hours he put in on your tax declaration but because of the use you may have of him when you really need it. I.e. issues with your employer, work-permit, you want to set up your own company etc, etc. Sure, you can go to a new lawyer every time but that will probably cost you a lot more in the end and give you less.

So my advice would be to keep letting the lawyer doing your tax declaration as his "bread and butter" and by that building the relationship with your family. And here I'm talking from personal experience. To have a personal lawyer you can contact at any time for any issue without having to give your whole family history is worth _a lot_ in a foreign country. Actually had my lawyer solve a problem for me today which took him maybe 30 min which would have taken me several hours and probably not as successfully.


Quote:
View Post
He IS a tax lawyer - so he using his rate for secretary work it looks like.

Next time I do it myself.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Tilia for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 18.12.2007, 15:33
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Appenzell
Posts: 5,612
Groaned at 109 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,325 Posts
DaveA has an excellent reputationDaveA has an excellent reputationDaveA has an excellent reputationDaveA has an excellent reputation
Re: What is Spesenpauschale, and can they just put it on the bill?

This is good advice.

dave

Quote:
View Post
If he's a lawyer, I would say he is probably worth it. Not because of the actual hours he put in on your tax declaration but because of the use you may have of him when you really need it. I.e. issues with your employer, work-permit, you want to set up your own company etc, etc. Sure, you can go to a new lawyer every time but that will probably cost you a lot more in the end and give you less.

So my advice would be to keep letting the lawyer doing your tax declaration as his "bread and butter" and by that building the relationship with your family. And here I'm talking from personal experience. To have a personal lawyer you can contact at any time for any issue without having to give your whole family history is worth _a lot_ in a foreign country. Actually had my lawyer solve a problem for me today which took him maybe 30 min which would have taken me several hours and probably not as successfully.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bills, spesenpauschale




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bill for non-attendance of course Andrew9039 Complaints corner 38 17.11.2014 18:33
Received a bill from Kreisburo mikejones1 Permits/visas/government 22 17.12.2010 16:00
Became Unemployed - where is the best instituition to put my Pillar 2 ? Bubugala Employment 6 20.08.2007 19:55
Dear Bill.... nickatbasel International affairs/politics 0 17.08.2007 23:47


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0