English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Daily life (https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/)
-   -   Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)? (https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/187490-anyone-malaysia-singapore-anyone-one-canada-vancouver.html)

LittleBee88 13.09.2013 01:02

Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
Hi,

I just moved from Vancouver to Zurich. Since I have chinese-malaysian background and I miss all asian stuff here, I was hoping to make friends from either malaysia or singapore, so we can share moments together and feel 'home'. Of course, people from other countries are welcome. Please reply me here or PM and let's see how we can gather. =)

cheesey 13.09.2013 08:13

Re: Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
I am not but just an FYI, there are several Singaporean /Malaysian hang outs in Zurich.

A) Singapore restaurant, near Letzigrund football stadium
B) Toeh restaurant, stauffacher

(check spelling if cannot find these easily)

poot 13.09.2013 09:38

Re: Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesey (Post 1974366)
I am not but just an FYI, there are several Singaporean /Malaysian hang outs in Zurich.

A) Singapore restaurant, near Letzigrund football stadium
B) Toeh restaurant, stauffacher

(check spelling if cannot find these easily)

Why do you think Singaporeans actually hang out in restaurant Singapore?? The food there is some crappy chinese food and nothing like Singapore. Plus Swiss prices. I know a number of Singaporeans and Malaysians and none hang out there.

camembert 13.09.2013 09:48

Re: Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
Met many at the following English Speaking churches in Basel:

Crossroads
http://www.crossroadsbasel.ch/

and

Basel Christian Fellowship
http://www.baselfellowship.org/wp/

Lots of "Makan" :-)

Welcome! :D

cheesey 13.09.2013 10:48

Re: Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by poot (Post 1974408)
Why do you think Singaporeans actually hang out in restaurant Singapore?? The food there is some crappy chinese food and nothing like Singapore. Plus Swiss prices. I know a number of Singaporeans and Malaysians and none hang out there.

because I've been told they do by a Singaporean friend.

As for Swiss prices, what are you expecting in Switzerland lah?

LittleBee88 13.09.2013 11:19

Re: Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
Wow, thank you for the replies so far. Anyway, so far got anyone who'd actually like to meet up in Zurich area? Not necessarily need go makan at malasyian or singaporean place,just meet and make friends lor...

ggstar 02.10.2013 00:11

Re: Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
Welcome to Switzerland! I'm Singaporean but I live in Bern. There are quite a lot of us in Zurich actually. If you have facebook, look for the group Temasek Club Switzerland. They do meet-ups quite often. If you ever come to Bern, give me a shout. In the meantime, enjoy ah!

Guest 14.10.2013 12:20

Re: Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
Hi,

Look for a group Asian group www.alc-swiss.ch, I know they have meetings sometimes.

Good luck.

summerrain 14.10.2013 14:24

Re: Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleBee88 (Post 1974516)
Wow, thank you for the replies so far. Anyway, so far got anyone who'd actually like to meet up in Zurich area? Not necessarily need go makan at malasyian or singaporean place,just meet and make friends lor...

Also can :) selamat datang by the way!

peetaw 15.10.2013 23:15

Re: Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
Hi there!

I have also just moved from Vancouver to Zurich (currently living in District 4). I literally just got in last night! I am still trying to get used to the surroundings and figure out the train system, so if you are up for trading tips/meeting up, please shoot me a PM!

ztyin 20.10.2013 11:26

Re: Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by peetaw (Post 1997876)
Hi there!

I have also just moved from Vancouver to Zurich (currently living in District 4). I literally just got in last night! I am still trying to get used to the surroundings and figure out the train system, so if you are up for trading tips/meeting up, please shoot me a PM!

Hi everyone!

I'm a Malaysian, who was working in Singapore until I got seconded to Switzerland. Just arrived in Zurich last Saturday and am currently busy apartment-hunting... It's really a pain since I'm alone with limited budget >.<

Anyway, would really love to get to know all of you as I haven't met any other Malaysian here except for a friend, who is leaving soon :(:(:(

I was just reading the thread and just requested to join the "Malaysians in Switzerland" page in FB :msngrin:

Look forward to meeting you guys!

Cheers!

SunnyDays10 28.02.2014 23:03

Re: Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleBee88 (Post 1974317)
Hi,

I just moved from Vancouver to Zurich. Since I have chinese-malaysian background and I miss all asian stuff here, I was hoping to make friends from either malaysia or singapore, so we can share moments together and feel 'home'. Of course, people from other countries are welcome. Please reply me here or PM and let's see how we can gather. =)

Hi! I am a half Malaysian and half Singaporean and I just moved to Zurich for work. I am a young professional and hoping to meet other Malaysians/ Singaporeans too! Let me know if you're interested as well. :)

ZoeCH 01.03.2014 04:19

Re: Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
Hiii.. I'm Zoe Chung, a S'porean/M'sian as well,i think it'll be awesome to meet up and i'd love to meet all or any of you..:) pls let me know,if you guys have any oncoming event..? :) (sorry about writing at this hour,couldnt sleep yet!) Cheers!

SunnyDays10 01.03.2014 15:34

Re: Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
Hi Zoe,

I'm not sure about any upcoming events, but it would be great to meet up to trade tips etc and find new friends in Zurich. When did you move to Zurich? I just moved here 2 days ago. :)

racerdude 09.03.2014 19:28

Re: Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
One more Singaporean here...just arrived a week ago and I'm based in Basel.
Would love to meet up with you folks in Zurich or any of the nearby cities over the weekends. Let me know if there are any coming plans!

lns8602 07.05.2014 20:02

Re: Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by racerdude (Post 2106995)
One more Singaporean here...just arrived a week ago and I'm based in Basel.
Would love to meet up with you folks in Zurich or any of the nearby cities over the weekends. Let me know if there are any coming plans!

Hey racerdude,

are you based in Basel now? I am a Malaysian, I just moved to basel too, wanna meet up?

nancy1206 17.05.2014 12:35

Re: Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
Hi, I'm Nancy currently living in Aarau and I'm from Taiwan. I don't know if any of you know about Taiwanese in Switzerland.

Swissant 27.05.2014 15:09

Re: Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
I am a Malaysian, living in Zurich as PhD. PM me if you want to meetup. I like going to the mountains with Swiss locals. Doesnt matter if you dont hang out with your countrymates, the important point is leaning the local culture since you are in Switzerland.

Saha 21.09.2014 23:53

Re: Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
Apa Khabar? Malaysian in Basel! Can see from posts, many are from Zurich. Too bad I don't really go there very often. :msngrin:

Sut 03.10.2014 22:26

Re: Anyone from Malaysia/Singapore? Or anyone one from Canada (Vancouver)?
 
Hello all,
I am a new addition to the Malaysian/Singaporean group, just arrived this week and in the midst of settling in ;)


Cheers,
Felicia


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:11.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0