Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 15.04.2014, 20:23
MusicChick's Avatar
modified and reprogrammed
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 11,210
Groaned at 122 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 13,397 Times in 6,656 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: boring clothes

This is amusing...yet again, romanticising a place and pushing one's opinion of utmost satisfacion on others, who are simply not flexible enough. It made me smile. I am not flexible, coz I like to wear interesting clothes, for reasonbale price, in a size that apparently does not exist here for people over 18 (tally veijl bs) Therefore, I should chill out, walk around poorly dressed, until I find such store, devote my entire time searching for stuff (which I hate to do nor have the time for it), or get back to knitting and sewing. Meh....Someone who has no idea, is quite self righteous here. Maybe sitting back and taking in other people's opinions and experiences and then voicing one's own without putting a value judgment on others, might make the debate a bit better. Opinions are, btw, welcome here, sure beans.

Has the world heard about non conventional sizes, tastes and cash funds?

Out of the box...much?

(France has usually clothes that fit thin chicks, usually taller than your reg Italian thin sizes)
__________________
"L'homme ne peut pas remplacer son coeur avec sa tete, ni sa tete avec ses mains." J.H.Pestalozzi

ἀρχὴ ἥμισυ παντός
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #102  
Old 15.04.2014, 22:06
ProsperityJoy's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,179
Groaned at 386 Times in 197 Posts
Thanked 1,077 Times in 555 Posts
ProsperityJoy has earned the respect of manyProsperityJoy has earned the respect of manyProsperityJoy has earned the respect of many
Re: boring clothes

Quote:
View Post
This is amusing...yet again, romanticising a place and pushing one's opinion of utmost satisfacion on others, who are simply not flexible enough. It made me smile. I am not flexible, coz I like to wear interesting clothes, for reasonbale price, in a size that apparently does not exist here for people over 18 (tally veijl bs) Therefore, I should chill out, walk around poorly dressed, until I find such store, devote my entire time searching for stuff (which I hate to do nor have the time for it), or get back to knitting and sewing. Meh....Someone who has no idea, is quite self righteous here. Maybe sitting back and taking in other people's opinions and experiences and then voicing one's own without putting a value judgment on others, might make the debate a bit better. Opinions are, btw, welcome here, sure beans.

Has the world heard about non conventional sizes, tastes and cash funds?

Out of the box...much?

(France has usually clothes that fit thin chicks, usually taller than your reg Italian thin sizes)
I'm sure your rant is directed at me. Well, maybe you should follow your own advice under the circumstances. There was NEVER a debate in my opinion. But you got your jab in at PJ today, and got your "thanks" so you can be a hero now. Who's next?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users groan at ProsperityJoy for this post:
  #103  
Old 15.04.2014, 22:22
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,408
Groaned at 442 Times in 346 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: boring clothes

Quote:
View Post
There's no debate. I'm stating my opinion like everyone else here. There's nothing wrong with that. Additionally, I've been in the fashion business for over 25 years I've run into all types. No one is ever hopeless...LOL One can always find something suitable no matter where they are with a bit more open-mindedness and flexibility of course.
If you have been in the business since 25 years, you should know since a very long time that most of the people don't know what suit them, how to find what's fit best to their body shape and more importantly how to use what they have to their advantage.

You would be of a better help if you would actually help her with her problem instead to be so useless.

Last edited by Nil; 15.04.2014 at 22:27. Reason: She doesn't need tips...
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Nil for this useful post:
  #104  
Old 15.04.2014, 22:36
MusicChick's Avatar
modified and reprogrammed
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 11,210
Groaned at 122 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 13,397 Times in 6,656 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: boring clothes

PJ, I like people who differ. I'd always give you thumbs up for being different. But not for shrugging people off, those who aren't so out of the ordinary, really, no monsters size wise not ultra hipster taste wise.. yet find it difficult to have quick, accessible and inexpensive fashion here, as it is in other Euro countries. You can either look like a teen or a member of some boring country/golf club like anyone else (and pay the corresponding bill).

It's not really a matter of patience to find what suits, it seems a matter of a fashion biz being behind other countries in terms of availability, choice, price and service. It will catch up, but for some, it's boring. Unless I want to look like clones, put on 20kg or be penny less.

I have a pretty professional but also funky wardrobe, but I'm intuitive with clothes shopping, love vintage and move around a lot. But sometimes I just feel like in a normal world, where one comes in a mall and can actually walk out with whatever one needs. For a normal price. That fits. And is not meant to blend in next 20 fashion styles.
__________________
"L'homme ne peut pas remplacer son coeur avec sa tete, ni sa tete avec ses mains." J.H.Pestalozzi

ἀρχὴ ἥμισυ παντός
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #105  
Old 15.04.2014, 22:38
ProsperityJoy's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,179
Groaned at 386 Times in 197 Posts
Thanked 1,077 Times in 555 Posts
ProsperityJoy has earned the respect of manyProsperityJoy has earned the respect of manyProsperityJoy has earned the respect of many
Re: boring clothes

Quote:
View Post
If you have been in the business since 25 years, you should know since a very long time that most of the people don't know what suit them, how to find what's fit best to their body shape and more importantly how to use what they have to their advantage.

You would be of a better help if you would actually help her with her problem instead to be so useless.

Mathnut, if you need tips, pm me, honey.
Oh...now it's your turn. Your thanks should be coming in soon....LOL The OP wouldn't be able to afford my help and neither would you! "Miss. Useless"..I gave my opinion like everyone else.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users groan at ProsperityJoy for this post:
  #106  
Old 15.04.2014, 22:42
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,408
Groaned at 442 Times in 346 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: boring clothes

Quote:
View Post
Oh...now it's your turn. Your thanks should be coming in soon....LOL The OP wouldn't be able to afford my help and neither would you! "Miss. Useless"..I gave my opinion like everyone else.
me, needing your help?



The difference between you and I is that I helped people on here for free instead to belittle them.

Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Nil for this useful post:
  #107  
Old 15.04.2014, 22:50
ProsperityJoy's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,179
Groaned at 386 Times in 197 Posts
Thanked 1,077 Times in 555 Posts
ProsperityJoy has earned the respect of manyProsperityJoy has earned the respect of manyProsperityJoy has earned the respect of many
Re: boring clothes

Quote:
View Post
PJ, I like people who differ. I'd always give you thumbs up for being different. But not for shrugging people off, those who aren't so out of the ordinary, really, no monsters size wise not ultra hipster taste wise.. yet find it difficult to have quick, accessible and inexpensive fashion here, as it is in other Euro countries. You can either look like a teen or a member of some boring country/golf club like anyone else (and pay the corresponding bill).

It's not really a matter of patience to find what suits, it seems a matter of a fashion biz being behind other countries in terms of availability, choice, price and service. It will catch up, but for some, it's boring. Unless I want to look like clones, put on 20kg or be penny less.

I have a pretty professional but also funky wardrobe, but I'm intuitive with clothes shopping, love vintage and move around a lot. But sometimes I just feel like in a normal world, where one comes in a mall and can actually walk out with whatever one needs. For a normal price. That fits. And is not meant to blend in next 20 fashion styles.
But that's "YOUR" experience and that's fine...there are others with completely different experiences, and I have a right to voice my opinion about it...Is that illegal or something?...LOL

Switzerland is already caught-up with fashion, sorry. I can't let you get by with that one. I've worked the New York City circuit and Switzerland along with the UK, and Italy which is one of my favorites outside of Switzerland, and others, believe me Switzerland is not behind in fashion. Maybe you don't know where to look, or your fashion sense is behind the times, but Switzerland has some fabulous shops. And yes, you can find cheaper clothing as well.I think the owners of Les Greider Boutiques would find your analysis quite delusional, but you have a right to your opinion....LOL. And I don't care about thanks...that's neither here nor there. But I know it means something to many of you!
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank ProsperityJoy for this useful post:
  #108  
Old 15.04.2014, 22:56
Oldhand's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 3,939
Groaned at 20 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 6,513 Times in 1,989 Posts
Oldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond repute
Re: boring clothes

I looked great in my bin bag, but got arrested for not having a sticker.
Reply With Quote
The following 15 users would like to thank Oldhand for this useful post:
  #109  
Old 15.04.2014, 22:58
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Neuchatel
Posts: 21,033
Groaned at 445 Times in 337 Posts
Thanked 23,989 Times in 10,888 Posts
Odile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond repute
Re: boring clothes

Was it a red little number
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Odile for this useful post:
  #110  
Old 15.04.2014, 23:01
ProsperityJoy's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,179
Groaned at 386 Times in 197 Posts
Thanked 1,077 Times in 555 Posts
ProsperityJoy has earned the respect of manyProsperityJoy has earned the respect of manyProsperityJoy has earned the respect of many
Re: boring clothes

Quote:
View Post
me, needing your help?



The difference between you and I is that I helped people on here for free instead to belittle them.

Oh, I see, so you think it's your duty to try and belittle me?...LOL ...I'm out of your league love. And I've never offered you help, you're being delusional as well....Carry on.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at ProsperityJoy for this post:
  #111  
Old 15.04.2014, 23:02
Oldhand's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 3,939
Groaned at 20 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 6,513 Times in 1,989 Posts
Oldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond repute
Re: boring clothes

Quote:
View Post
Was it a red little number
Lol.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Oldhand for this useful post:
  #112  
Old 15.04.2014, 23:04
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kt Zh
Posts: 5,347
Groaned at 26 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 7,740 Times in 3,360 Posts
edot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond repute
boring clothes

I'd hope that people i hire to dress me would at least be nice to me. It's ok... My sister was a costumer in Hollywood for about 20 years... I'll ask her.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank edot for this useful post:
  #113  
Old 15.04.2014, 23:12
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 6,373
Groaned at 221 Times in 172 Posts
Thanked 7,895 Times in 4,263 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: boring clothes

So.....it turns out there are no such things as boring clothes.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #114  
Old 15.04.2014, 23:13
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kt Zh
Posts: 5,347
Groaned at 26 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 7,740 Times in 3,360 Posts
edot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: boring clothes

Quote:
View Post
So.....it turns out there are no such things as boring clothes.

Nope, only boring people. ;-)
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank edot for this useful post:
  #115  
Old 15.04.2014, 23:21
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Neuchatel
Posts: 21,033
Groaned at 445 Times in 337 Posts
Thanked 23,989 Times in 10,888 Posts
Odile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond repute
Re: boring clothes

... excellent idea, my favourite cousin (Canadian-Swiss) is a costumer in NYC, TV, films and the Met - I'll ask her. She is 5 years older than me, but always looks fantastic- lucky her and she is really nice and very funny. Hurrah.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 15.04.2014, 23:59
Textoch's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas, USA (formerly Vaud, CH)
Posts: 1,177
Groaned at 26 Times in 24 Posts
Thanked 2,943 Times in 912 Posts
Textoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: boring clothes

Quote:
View Post
But that's "YOUR" experience and that's fine...there are others with completely different experiences, and I have a right to voice my opinion about it...Is that illegal or something?...LOL

Switzerland is already caught-up with fashion, sorry. I can't let you get by with that one. I've worked the New York City circuit and Switzerland along with the UK, and Italy which is one of my favorites outside of Switzerland, and others, believe me Switzerland is not behind in fashion. Maybe you don't know where to look, or your fashion sense is behind the times, but Switzerland has some fabulous shops. And yes, you can find cheaper clothing as well.I think the owners of Les Greider Boutiques would find your analysis quite delusional, but you have a right to your opinion....LOL.
You could probably do with more a) aestheticism; b) refinement; or c) discrimination (your choice).

(Do note that my response is exactly the same kind of response you gave Mathnut regarding flexibility after she shared her experiences/opinion.)
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 16.04.2014, 00:15
ProsperityJoy's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,179
Groaned at 386 Times in 197 Posts
Thanked 1,077 Times in 555 Posts
ProsperityJoy has earned the respect of manyProsperityJoy has earned the respect of manyProsperityJoy has earned the respect of many
Re: boring clothes

Quote:
View Post
You could probably do with more a) aestheticism; b) refinement; or c) discrimination (your choice).

(Do note that my response is exactly the same kind of response you gave Mathnut regarding flexibility after she shared her experiences/opinion.)
Who cares...take your own advice. Did I call you an a$$hole or something? No!

I think world renowned Swiss artists Peter Fischli and David Weiss (David died a couple of years ago) would disagree with your words. If you don't know who they are, look them up...Some of you on EF have a lot of nerve, really. OK, you can count your thanks now, they should be coming in soon you threw a punch at PJ.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 16.04.2014, 00:34
Textoch's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas, USA (formerly Vaud, CH)
Posts: 1,177
Groaned at 26 Times in 24 Posts
Thanked 2,943 Times in 912 Posts
Textoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: boring clothes

Quote:
View Post
You could probably do with more a) aestheticism; b) refinement; or c) discrimination (your choice).

(Do note that my response is exactly the same kind of response you gave Mathnut regarding flexibility after she shared her experiences/opinion.)
Quote:
View Post
Who cares...take your own advice. Did I call you an a$$hole or something? No!

I think world renowned Swiss artists Peter Fischli and David Weiss (David died a couple of years ago) would disagree with your words. If you don't know who they are, look them up...Some of you on EF have a lot of nerve, really. OK, you can count your thanks now, they should be coming in soon you threw a punch at PJ.
Aha - you feel pretty confident about your own taste in clothing, and you find it offensive to have me insinuate that your taste is lacking?

How ironic that this is exactly what you did to Mathnut, yet you don't recognize it.

The truth is I have no basis for saying that you need any additional aestheticism, refinement or discrimination, because what you deem beautiful or tasteful might be completely different from what I believe is beautiful. Likewise, you have no basis for saying that Mathnut is not flexible enough to find clothing in CH that looks/fits her properly since you cannot project your opinion of what looks/fits well onto other people.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Textoch for this useful post:
  #119  
Old 16.04.2014, 00:39
mirfield's Avatar
Moddy McModface
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 8,512
Groaned at 57 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 8,952 Times in 3,294 Posts
mirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond repute
Re: boring clothes

Quote:
View Post
How ironic that this is exactly what you did to Mathnut, yet you don't recognize it.
Of course they do. Have you not read any of PJ's output before? Their speciality is baiting and then crying the poor tale about all the nasty people. Best to ignore and move on.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank mirfield for this useful post:
  #120  
Old 16.04.2014, 00:51
ProsperityJoy's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,179
Groaned at 386 Times in 197 Posts
Thanked 1,077 Times in 555 Posts
ProsperityJoy has earned the respect of manyProsperityJoy has earned the respect of manyProsperityJoy has earned the respect of many
Re: boring clothes

Quote:
View Post
Aha - you feel pretty confident about your own taste in clothing, and you find it offensive to have me insinuate that your taste is lacking?

How ironic that this is exactly what you did to Mathnut, yet you don't recognize it.
This is getting funnier by the minute. I tell you, you can't make this stuff up...So telling someone that Switzerland has nice clothing, that perhaps the reason why they haven't found what they needed is because they may need to be more flexible, that trying different styles may help to close the gap...there's something wrong with that? Or, maybe it's because PJ wrote it? And now you are "trying" to insult me about "taste" when my words had nothing to do with that at all? You and some others are making a mountain out of a molehill...utterly ridiculous! And "tasteless" at that!...I guess that's why Swatch used my "taste" in one of their commercials... Carry on.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
{for sale} clothes.. Clothes and more clothes. (zug) fraj1 Items for sale 0 02.07.2013 16:24
clothes clothes clothes: men & women size S drix Items for sale 3 29.06.2013 19:29
Boring boring swiss village Valeria Sophie Introductions 17 12.11.2012 10:29
Boring! ITPro Complaints corner 33 07.06.2010 18:13


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0