English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Daily life (https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/)
-   -   TIS - This Is Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/235301-tis-switzerland.html)

Bozza 14.06.2015 19:04

Re: TIS - This Is Switzerland
 
Went to the Muse concert in Biel. Been to concerts in a number of different Euro countries but first time I got

- Wee timetable for extra trains home in different directions prepared specifically for this concert
- Free earplugs on the way in
- Lockers at the venue
- Beers/cider at 6 Chf for 4dl didn't seem a ripoff
- Didn't see anyone so trashed they couldn't stay up, no pushing/shoving

TIS

P.S. There was a bunch of streamers/confetti as part of the act towards the end and all I could think of "oh no, the locals won't like all the mess they're making"

glinaa 15.06.2015 08:41

Re: TIS - This Is Switzerland
 
My bike got stolen (TIS?).

The morning after I phoned my insurance to report the problem.
- My bike got stolen.
- No worries. What brand and model? Approximate value? Is your bank account number at UBS valid?
- Uhmm. Yes. Don't you need any paperwork? Bills, a copy of the police report?
- No, everything is fine. We'll check how much a new one costs and will wire you the money.

Next day - cash on my account. The whole thing didn't even take 3 minutes. TIS

22 yards 15.06.2015 10:03

Re: TIS - This Is Switzerland
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Marple (Post 2403880)
There is a shop in the next village that sells "vintage" things for the garden. They have most of their wares outside, some look very heavy, most don't.
When they close in the evening, they don't bother to put things inside... what's the point, everything is there in the morning...TIS

This is the Coop in Dornach, BL, a couple of Sundays ago. They even had a shelf full of Nerf guns there...

Clumsy Maman 15.06.2015 10:12

Re: TIS - This Is Switzerland
 
And the local Landi has lots of pallets (with soil, and other goodies) sitting just outside the shop throughout the weekend. No chains, no locks, nothing!

Belgianmum 15.06.2015 10:17

Re: TIS - This Is Switzerland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsy Maman (Post 2404864)
And the local Landi has lots of pallets (with soil, and other goodies) sitting just outside the shop throughout the weekend. No chains, no locks, nothing!

Same here. They leave loads of stuff outside every night and at the weekend, some if it really expensive but it's always there the next day.

MrVertigo 15.06.2015 20:59

Re: TIS - This Is Switzerland
 
Totally deranged Tidy. This is Switzerland (Ursus Wehrli).

http://m3.paperblog.com/i/55/551032/...-L-xQtyj7.jpeg

jmf 16.06.2015 07:58

Re: TIS - This Is Switzerland
 
1 Attachment(s)
Sorry, couldn't help myself

Clumsy Maman 16.06.2015 09:05

Re: TIS - This Is Switzerland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrVertigo (Post 2405237)
Totally deranged Tidy. This is Switzerland

Now, I see why I fit in here so well. I must be Swiss :D

Castro 16.06.2015 11:07

Re: TIS - This Is Switzerland
 
Losing your job isn't the end of the world - TIS

snapsterone 16.06.2015 14:35

Quote:

This is very new then, they don't usualy let you into the test area, let alone leave you in the car when it's on the ramp......another case of "TIS" ?
This is definitely not Basel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faltrad (Post 2403836)
Did you ask her if the boys also have their own iron? If yes, then TINRS=This is not really Switzerland.

In Basel they do and the girls (at least in my daughters class) get to practise putting condoms on broomsticks in case their partner later in life is handicaped.

Castro 16.06.2015 14:49

Re: TIS - This Is Switzerland
 
Filled up with over CHF 80 of fuel before realising that I had left my wallet at home :msnshock:

Cashier: Here is a receipt, just come by and pay later

TIS

22 yards 16.06.2015 14:59

Re: TIS - This Is Switzerland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by snapsterone (Post 2405595)
In Basel they do and the girls (at least in my daughters class) get to practise putting condoms on broomsticks in case their partner later in life is handicaped.

I'd have thought that would make the broom even more difficult for a handicapped person to handle.

Guest 16.06.2015 15:52

Re: TIS - This Is Switzerland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 22 yards (Post 2404861)
This is the Coop in Dornach, BL, a couple of Sundays ago. They even had a shelf full of Nerf guns there...

I'm so law abiding I can be a right PITA, but things like that really do tempt me. I imagine myself, undercover of darkness, driving to that Coop, parking illegally, and nicking a bag of fertiliser I have no need of... :msnblush:

3Wishes 16.06.2015 16:02

Re: TIS - This Is Switzerland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Marple (Post 2405650)
I'm so law abiding I can be a right PITA, but things like that really do tempt me. I imagine myself, undercover of darkness, driving to that Coop, parking illegally, and nicking a bag of fertiliser I have no need of... :msnblush:

And here I had you pegged as a Nerf gun thief...:p

Guest 16.06.2015 16:13

Re: TIS - This Is Switzerland
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Wishes (Post 2405658)
And here I had you pegged as a Nerf gun thief...:p

Already have one. This is me and Nerf, casing the Coop, ready to pounce on that fertiliser.

Hobs 16.06.2015 17:51

Re: TIS - This Is Switzerland
 
Twit teenage friend of my son left his passport :eek: on the table in our local Migros' coffee shop one Friday afternoon. Sheepishly rocked up to customer services the following morning to ask if it was there; it was, in a box with other forgotten items like brollies, behind the desk.


TIS.

Urs Max 16.06.2015 21:34

Re: TIS - This Is Switzerland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobs (Post 2405712)
Twit teenage friend of my son left his passport :eek: on the table in our local Migros' coffee shop one Friday afternoon. Sheepishly rocked up to customer services the following morning to ask if it was there; it was, in a box with other forgotten items like brollies, behind the desk.


TIS.

Where else would they keep an utterly useless :eek: passport

dodgyken 16.06.2015 21:38

Re: TIS - This Is Switzerland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Urs Max (Post 2405832)
Where else would they keep an utterly useless :eek: passport

Shouldn't you ask that question to the EF-spammers?

aSwissInTheUS 16.06.2015 21:48

Re: TIS - This Is Switzerland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by st2lemans (Post 2403781)
10 year old son goes to the store to buy me a beer (20 years ago), TWS (This Was Switzerland).

Hah, so true. Beeing two 8 years olds, me and my friend had a shopping list that included wine and cigarettes. TWS for sure.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Faltrad (Post 2403764)
Nope, bragging about giving out 1000 CHF notes is not TIS, it's TIZ: This is Zürich. You might have to move.

TIZ means, the guy before you asking in the Globus Gourmessa if it is o.k. to pay with a 1000 note, and then paying the reminder with his Globus Card.

marton 16.06.2015 22:05

Re: TIS - This Is Switzerland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by snapsterone (Post 2405593)
This is definitely not Basel.



In Basel they do and the girls (at least in my daughters class) get to practise putting condoms on broomsticks in case their partner later in life is handicaped.

Broomstick?; does not sound handicapped to me? Now condoms on toothpicks......


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:59.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0