English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Daily life (https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/)
-   -   I smiled because... (https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/23795-i-smiled-because.html)

Guest 19.08.2009 10:18

Re: I smiled because...
 
... a few Swiss asked me for directions in the little town where I live.

I guess I've grown to look like a 'local'.

:D

inWinti 19.08.2009 11:07

Re: I smiled because...
 
I smiled because my 8 year old daughter asked me the read "The 3 little pigs" to her last night. She hasn't asked me for a while

Peg A 19.08.2009 11:21

Re: I smiled because...
 
I smiled because my brother-in-law has posted some videos of my 1 year old nephew (whom I've never met)... the happy baby sounds are soooooo sweet!

(The added bonus is that my dog - whom I miss terribly! - makes a guest appearance in one of the videos. O M Goodness she has gotten FAT... what the heck is my mother feeding her??? :p)

i-b-deborah 19.08.2009 11:32

Re: I smiled because...
 
I am grinning from ear to ear cos someone wants to buy me a flight to down under, for Chrissy.... actually I've had the Christmas feeling for a couple of weeks now, it's the smell of tannenbaum in summer.....

swissotter 19.08.2009 12:04

Re: I smiled because...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by i-b-deborah (Post 524144)
I am grinning from ear to ear cos someone wants to buy me a flight to down under, for Chrissy.... actually I've had the Christmas feeling for a couple of weeks now, it's the smell of tannenbaum in summer.....

i call --> "first to mention the C word this year!" by deb :D


(127 days and counting...)

ze devil's advocate 19.08.2009 12:13

Re: I smiled because...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by i-b-deborah (Post 524144)
I am grinning from ear to ear cos someone wants to buy me a flight to down under, for Chrissy.... actually I've had the Christmas feeling for a couple of weeks now, it's the smell of tannenbaum in summer.....

That brings a smile to my face too :D

Texaner 19.08.2009 15:08

Re: I smiled because...
 
...I now have both plane tickets and rail passes for a brief visit to CH and so many offers of hospitality from friends and relatives that no hotel rooms will be needed. :D

Sutter 19.08.2009 20:22

Re: I smiled because...
 
Had a fantastic day the kids spent the afternoon on the boat, and i had my nails done:msntongue: then had a coffee with a a good friend:msntongue:

ze devil's advocate 20.08.2009 19:47

Re: I smiled because...
 
I threw some bottled water on a tree next to old peoples house. Oldies were all sitting bored and found it all interesting. So I waved at them with a big smile and they all waved back and gave me an even bigger smile :D

20.08.2009 20:23

Re: I smiled because...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by argus (Post 524036)
... a few Swiss asked me for directions in the little town where I live.

I guess I've grown to look like a 'local'.

:D

I think people look for someone who seem to know where they are going, and look approachable (whatever "approachable" means in this context).

I had a nice young lady give me a Gruezi on my way to the shops this evening.

Sada 20.08.2009 20:26

Re: I smiled because...
 
I hope you'll have a fantastic time over here Tim !!!!!


Quote:

Originally Posted by Texaner (Post 524479)
...I now have both plane tickets and rail passes for a brief visit to CH and so many offers of hospitality from friends and relatives that no hotel rooms will be needed. :D


Texaner 20.08.2009 20:47

Re: I smiled because...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sada (Post 525997)
I hope you'll have a fantastic time over here Tim !!!!!

Thanks! I certainly plan to. ;)

Unfortunately, our plans won't take us further West than Bern, or I'd offer to buy you Guinness in your hometown. :)

Sada 20.08.2009 20:50

Re: I smiled because...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texaner (Post 526013)
Thanks! I certainly plan to. ;)

Unfortunately, our plans won't take us further West than Bern, or I'd offer to buy you Guinness in your hometown. :)

Ohhhhhh, Your The Best !!!! :)

corrieorrie 20.08.2009 22:59

Re: I smiled because...
 
I was smiling ecstatically all day today because our Son rang me this morning from the uk ( his dad went over especially for this) to tell me he had got straight As in his A levels and got his place at Cambridge university to study Geography!!!!!!
It must have been infectious because everyone smiled back at me. I wanted to tell every person I met ----but I can't speak a word of German YET.:msngrin::msngrin::msngrin::msngrin::msngrin:: msngrin:

Guest 21.08.2009 11:10

Re: I smiled because...
 
... the dog did her halter walk early this morning up and down the street, across zebra crossings, into a shopping centre, in and out and up and down an elevator, without once sitting down and refusing to budge.

:p

ze devil's advocate 21.08.2009 12:00

Re: I smiled because...
 
....I ate pasta with Schei*e loads of pesto sauce :-)

21.08.2009 12:23

Re: I smiled because...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by argus (Post 526409)
... the dog did her halter walk early this morning up and down the street, across zebra crossings, into a shopping centre, in and out and up and down an elevator, without once sitting down and refusing to budge.

:p

How old is she?

Guest 21.08.2009 16:55

Re: I smiled because...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ze devil's advocate (Post 526460)
....I ate pasta with Schei*e loads of pesto sauce :-)


mmmmmm..............I'm going to make a nice hot arrabiatta in an hour or so. We'll be smiling and jumping.

Begga 21.08.2009 17:07

Re: I smiled because...
 
I smiled a big one at work just before I left, when my boss "order" me to leave early since it's friday and he feels like I've been working more than 8 h per day lately :) Got to say, I think I have the world's best boss!
All Fridays should be like this :)

Guest 21.08.2009 17:24

Re: I smiled because...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JVC (Post 526488)
How old is she?

10 months.

:)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:42.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0