| || |
| || || |
| || |Does anyone here have a roommate?
Well, I do....
I really like her, because when I drop in Zurich she was nice and I end up renting a room at her appartment for 6 months now...I think this was nice...and I appreciate that.
Problem is...she seems to control everything I do and state some mean sentences to me....that I just realize they are mean after a while...!
I am Swiss, because of my Dad..I was born in Brasil, but went to Schweizerschule and grew up with the Swiss culture...but I don't speak so good German yet and I am pretty happy here, doing my stuff, now working, even though it took a while I am fighting for it... and I have my routine, simple one...I don't bother with music or anything loud..but I am not working 100% yet...
So most of the times she wants to go out and party, I rather stay home to save money and focus in the trainning for my Half Marathon I will be running soon and finding new clients, since I have been cleaning apartments.
Problem is she leaves most of the home work for me...like taking the garbage out, or some cleaning, the other day I cleaned all the windows (10)...and ok, she said thank you....than once in a while, like an example of the mean stuff she said:
- For them (the swiss people), you are bullshit, they don't want you here.
- You look like you have demence, you forget things I tell you.
- It is easier for you to stay at home, than to work. (When she "invited" me to go to the forest with the children she works with, because she needed help and I did not want to go to mix things up.)
- You took so long to come home, I was assuming you got a lot of money and went shopping.
- You didn't even go out today? You are getting depressed.
- I trust people, if I didn't, you would not be here. (When I told her to take care with some people she is hagging out)
- Your doing just some bullshit job.
- Well, there are people (immigrants) that are happy winning just 2000 CHF per month.
This is just an example.... I am just trying to work as hard and make money as soon as I can to find another place and do my Fitness Ausbildung.
Does anyone have this kind of problem? Is normal for people to treat you like you worth nothing? And like, just because she pays more for the apartment (because I don't need a 4 room Flat..I just use my room , bathroom and kitchen) ....she threats me like withtout her, I would be on the streets or something like that....
| || || |
Chin up. Take it as a life experience.
Stand your ground and refuses to take nonsense/abuse.
Be polite but be firm and direct.
And get the hell out of there as soon as you can.
Life is too short to tolerate this kind of nonsense.
People who act like this have issues which they cant/dont want to deal with.
No point understanding them. Better to stay away from them and leave them to their own devices.
All the best.