English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Daily life (https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/)
-   -   Summer Time clock change (https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/251370-summer-time-clock-change.html)

omtatsat 20.03.2017 07:57

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Or maybe simply get rid of time altogether!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Urs Max (Post 2758938)
BTT.

In winter I get up while it's still dark and get back home when it's dark again. If the clock was shifted forward by one hour I might get home at least occasionally while the sun is still up.

So to me the real question should be why we have winter ("normal") time in the first place. Just use summer time all year.


Ace1 20.03.2017 08:16

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 2759103)
Or maybe simply get rid of time altogether!

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/...8/60420788.jpg

dodgyken 20.03.2017 08:30

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
I'm an Eastman supporter. :eek:

PaddyG 20.03.2017 08:55

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Now I'm pissed off :mad:. I have to catch a flight from ZRH at 10 on Sunday morning, which means getting the train from Fribourg at 6:04. No only is this an ungodly hour at the best of times, I will have an hour less in bed the night before.
Have they already gone forward in the US?

dodgyken 20.03.2017 08:58

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaddyG (Post 2759120)
Now I'm pissed off :mad:. I have to catch a flight from ZRH at 10 on Sunday morning, which means getting the train from Fribourg at 6:04. No only is this an ungodly hour at the best of times, I will have an hour less in bed the night before.
Have they already gone forward in the US?

Fancy them introducing this clock change thing for the first time this year :p:rolleyes:

VFR on top 20.03.2017 09:01

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaddyG (Post 2759120)
Now I'm pissed off :mad:. I have to catch a flight from ZRH at 10 on Sunday morning, which means getting the train from Fribourg at 6:04. No only is this an ungodly hour at the best of times, I will have an hour less in bed the night before.
Have they already gone forward in the US?

Yes.

dodgyken 20.03.2017 09:02

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaddyG (Post 2759120)
Have they already gone forward in the US?

Quote:

Originally Posted by VFR on top (Post 2759126)
Yes.

I thought they went back 100 years in January.
:o:D

ZenAgent 20.03.2017 09:35

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaddyG (Post 2759120)
Now I'm pissed off :mad:. I have to catch a flight from ZRH at 10 on Sunday morning, which means getting the train from Fribourg at 6:04. No only is this an ungodly hour at the best of times, I will have an hour less in bed the night before.
Have they already gone forward in the US?

When I have early flights out of Zurich, I usually just reserve one of the private day rooms inside the airport. If it's an insanely early internatinal flight, it won't work as they don't open access for customs clearance until 6:00 am. But for a 10:00 am flight, that wouldn't be a problem. Price for an overnight single is 94 CHF.


Transit Hotel

Guest 20.03.2017 21:05

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Medea Fleecestealer (Post 2758246)
Early reminder, clocks go forward next Saturday night/Sunday morning 25th/26th March 2017. :)


And then they go back 60 years on the 29th :msncrazy: (in the UK)

lucid 21.03.2017 00:01

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenAgent (Post 2759148)
When I have early flights out of Zurich, I usually just reserve one of the private day rooms inside the airport. If it's an insanely early internatinal flight, it won't work as they don't open access for customs clearance until 6:00 am. But for a 10:00 am flight, that wouldn't be a problem. Price for an overnight single is 94 CHF.


Transit Hotel


Yeah thumbs up for the hotel option. This sometimes makes sense just because an early flight is significantly cheaper, so you can get a cheaper ticket + the hotel and still come out ahead.

Having to leave at 6:00 even for a 10:00 flight though... I don't envy you.

st2lemans 21.03.2017 09:25

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

And then they go back 60 years on the 29th :msncrazy: (in the UK)
And what a glorious time it was, 50-60 years ago! :p

The Brits were making great cars, planes, and music!

Now, none of it is great. :msnsick:

Make Great Britain great again should be the slogan! :D

Tom

Sbrinz 26.03.2017 07:29

Re: Early reminder - clocks go forward this weekend
 
Did you remember....?

Guest 26.03.2017 07:37

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
I've lost an hour.. how is everyone else doing?

meloncollie 26.03.2017 07:40

Re: Early reminder - clocks go forward this weekend
 
Well at least Hooligan and Heffalump's usual pre-dawn tag team assault to roust me out from under the covers came at a slightly more civilized hour today.


Must. Find. Coffee. Now...

Sbrinz 26.03.2017 07:42

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
I also look younger this morning!

nickatbasel 26.03.2017 08:25

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Nurse! Nurse! He's out of bed again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by st2lemans (Post 2759811)
And what a glorious time it was, 50-60 years ago! :p

The Brits were making great cars, planes, and music!

Now, none of it is great. :msnsick:

Make Great Britain great again should be the slogan! :D

Tom


omtatsat 26.03.2017 09:53

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
No effect. I live in the " timeless ".

Why don't they do an "initiative" against this time saving thing? 60% of the Swiss are against it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Swisstree (Post 2762775)
I've lost an hour.. how is everyone else doing?


robBob 26.03.2017 10:27

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Good Morning EF!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIE2GAqnFGw

omtatsat 26.03.2017 10:29

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-OytmtYoOI

Quote:

Originally Posted by robBob (Post 2762815)


scipio 26.03.2017 10:34

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Swisstree (Post 2762775)
I've lost an hour.. how is everyone else doing?

I haven't lost it, it was stolen from me :msnmad:


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:35.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0