English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Daily life (https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/)
-   -   Summer Time clock change (https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/251370-summer-time-clock-change.html)

scipio 26.03.2017 10:37

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 2762803)
No effect. I live in the " timeless ".

Why don't they do an "initiative" against this time saving thing? 60% of the Swiss are against it.

There was one (in the late 70ties I think) and people voted against the summer time. The politicians were afraid of CH being an isolated time zone within Europe and played some tricks and it was introduced nevertheless. So I'm not sure if an initiative would help.

robBob 26.03.2017 10:38

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scipio (Post 2762819)
I haven't lost it, it was stolen from me :msnmad:

If they could at least do it during the week at say 16:00.

Rob 26.03.2017 10:48

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace1 (Post 2759107)

Lunchtime doubly so.

hannah'sauntie 26.03.2017 10:48

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scipio (Post 2762819)
I haven't lost it, it was stolen from me :msnmad:

It's the one given to you last October being taken back.

At least you haven't been charged interest. ;)

Rob 26.03.2017 10:50

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scipio (Post 2762819)
I haven't lost it, it was stolen from me :msnmad:

Look on the bright side. You'll get it back in October.

Edit - great minds think alike:)

omtatsat 27.03.2017 08:14

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
and now the "high point " of the sun is at 1300 not 1200. And all of the weather reports give the temp at 12 but they should give it at 1300 as thats the maximum for the sun. Its simply a schiessdreck!!

st2lemans 27.03.2017 08:41

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 2763230)
and now the "high point " of the sun is at 1300 not 1200.

Actually, it's at 12:31. ;)

Tom

Slaphead 27.03.2017 08:50

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by st2lemans (Post 2763238)
Actually, it's at 12:31. ;)

Tom

13:31 - you forgot to check the DST box ;)

st2lemans 27.03.2017 09:22

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slaphead (Post 2763240)
13:31 - you forgot to check the DST box ;)

Well, that's better than 13:54 for Paris! :eek:

Tom

omtatsat 27.03.2017 09:27

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
then its even worse than i thought
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slaphead (Post 2763240)
13:31 - you forgot to check the DST box ;)


Slaphead 27.03.2017 09:34

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 2763230)
and now the "high point " of the sun is at 1300 not 1200. And all of the weather reports give the temp at 12 but they should give it at 1300 as thats the maximum for the sun. Its simply a schiessdreck!!

SRF gives the temperature at 14:00, which is pretty close to the peak of the sun. However the highest temperatures are generally reached in the late afternoon, normally between 16:00 and 18:00.

omtatsat 27.03.2017 09:39

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
I mean more when the sun is most direct
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slaphead (Post 2763277)
SRF gives the temperature at 14:00, which is pretty close to the peak of the sun. However the highest temperatures are generally reached in the late afternoon, normally between 16:00 and 18:00.


Squeeeez 27.03.2017 12:16

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 2763279)
I mean more when the sun is most direct

Funny, my meaningfulness usually peaks in the morning after the first coffee, then just degrades during the day.

Medea Fleecestealer 03.04.2017 08:44

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Note to self: do not go on holiday the week before the clock changeover. Then you won't have to put the clocks back when you arrive in the UK, put them forward again a week later for the changeover and then have to put them forward again when you get back to Switzerland the following week. :msncrazy:

Confloozed 03.04.2017 09:39

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Medea Fleecestealer (Post 2766776)
Note to self: do not go on holiday the week before the clock changeover. Then you won't have to put the clocks back when you arrive in the UK, put them forward again a week later for the changeover and then have to put them forward again when you get back to Switzerland the following week. :msncrazy:

So, what time is it now?

Medea Fleecestealer 03.04.2017 10:03

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Frankly, I'm not sure. Could be 10.02am or could be 9.02am. Or maybe I'm in transit so it's somewhere inbetween. :p

curley 03.04.2017 18:48

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Medea Fleecestealer (Post 2766812)
Frankly, I'm not sure. Could be 10.02am or could be 9.02am. Or maybe I'm in transit so it's somewhere inbetween. :p

It was 10.03 - you're not making full use of EF!

Medea Fleecestealer 03.04.2017 19:08

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
It was 10.02 when I started the transit (post). :p

Medea Fleecestealer 09.02.2018 07:38

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
EU to review summer time.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42997518

And early reminder - clocks go forward at 2am on 25th March. :p

Guest 09.02.2018 07:50

Re: Summer Time clock change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Medea Fleecestealer (Post 2908632)
EU to review summer time.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42997518

And early reminder - clocks go forward at 2am on 25th March. :p

They've got that the wrong way round. It's winter time they should review.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:15.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0