Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Living in Switzerland > Daily life  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09.04.2016, 19:58
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Frontaliers speeding, etc, fines - Jura

1000s of frontaliers work in the Jura and are a bit too keen on driving too fast - getting caught and never paying their fines. Answer from Jura authorities:
simple, just take fines directly out of salary at source + admin fee.

Sorted. The same applies here in Neuchâtel (well the speeding and non-paying of fines) and I imagine in all frontaliers C/Kantons which are now considering doing the same.

Last edited by Odile; 09.04.2016 at 20:19.
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 09.04.2016, 20:16
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 29,134
Groaned at 2,031 Times in 1,525 Posts
Thanked 34,688 Times in 16,477 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frontaliers speeding, etc, fines - Jura

Great idea!

Tom
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 31.01.2017, 21:05
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: geneva
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
jaydeebean has no particular reputation at present
Re: Frontaliers speeding, etc, fines - Jura

I don't see why frontaliers wouldn't be paying their fines since they make it everyday to the canton and can be easily found at their place of work since they have a work permit. It's just a matter of cross checking to files.
Not worth the risk for them to not pay their fine.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank jaydeebean for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 01.02.2017, 19:33
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Nyon
Posts: 3,423
Groaned at 158 Times in 118 Posts
Thanked 4,297 Times in 2,093 Posts
bowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frontaliers speeding, etc, fines - Jura

It would be so much nicer if they didn't get the tickets in the first place. Not that the drivers of Swiss registered cars don't speed but ...

I've never driven the road from Signy to St. Cergue without at least one F registered car attempting to check my tonsils via my exhaust pipe. Bar-stewards!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01.02.2017, 19:49
eyebeebe's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pfäffikon SZ
Posts: 1,805
Groaned at 17 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 2,082 Times in 952 Posts
eyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frontaliers speeding, etc, fines - Jura

I thought there were already agreements in place between Switzerland and our neighbours to forward on any speeding fines accrued by their residents in neighbouring countries and to enforce their payment?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01.02.2017, 20:03
Belgianmum's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 11,757
Groaned at 194 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 18,537 Times in 7,775 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frontaliers speeding, etc, fines - Jura

Quote:
View Post
I thought there were already agreements in place between Switzerland and our neighbours to forward on any speeding fines accrued by their residents in neighbouring countries and to enforce their payment?
French speeding tickets certainly make their way to the registered owner of a Swiss registered car.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01.02.2017, 22:43
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,345
Groaned at 24 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 995 Times in 590 Posts
Meerkat33 is considered knowledgeableMeerkat33 is considered knowledgeableMeerkat33 is considered knowledgeable
Re: Frontaliers speeding, etc, fines - Jura

Quote:
View Post
I thought there were already agreements in place between Switzerland and our neighbours to forward on any speeding fines accrued by their residents in neighbouring countries and to enforce their payment?
Indeed, they even send them to Italy and it seems to work.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02.02.2017, 15:11
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mies
Posts: 872
Groaned at 13 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 626 Times in 359 Posts
catandmouse is considered knowledgeablecatandmouse is considered knowledgeablecatandmouse is considered knowledgeable
Re: Frontaliers speeding, etc, fines - Jura

Quote:
View Post
French speeding tickets certainly make their way to the registered owner of a Swiss registered car.
Indeed I was caught speeding in neighbouring France and received the speeding fine directly from the French authorities about 3 weeks later, so presumably they called up the data from somewhere here in Switzerland.
Quite impressed with the amount of paperwork a simple speeding fine generates in France.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02.02.2017, 15:12
donpiedro's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Nyon
Posts: 615
Groaned at 23 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 849 Times in 329 Posts
donpiedro has earned the respect of manydonpiedro has earned the respect of manydonpiedro has earned the respect of many
Re: Frontaliers speeding, etc, fines - Jura

Quote:
View Post
I've never driven the road from Signy to St. Cergue without at least one F registered car attempting to check my tonsils via my exhaust pipe. Bar-stewards!
That road is a proper race track!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02.02.2017, 15:35
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 4,552
Groaned at 492 Times in 321 Posts
Thanked 4,099 Times in 1,952 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frontaliers speeding, etc, fines - Jura

Quote:
1000s of frontaliers work in the Jura and are a bit too keen on driving too fast - getting caught and never paying their fines. Answer from Jura authorities:
simple, just take fines directly out of salary at source + admin fee.

Sorted.
"Sorted" with great risks of abuses, lack of verification, presumptions of culpability, etc...
How are these individuals "identified" and at which stage? simply flash the plates and identify?

What about the link between the plate record system vs the employee payroll systems (for people with identical names), forged plates, people who borrowed someone's car, etc...


When "law enforcement" merges with "admin" and "finances", sure, no error could ever occurs.


PS: genuine question, so these people are taxed less, then because it's on the payroll so it's less income?


It's absurd and it's a admission of impotency from law enforcement authorities.

PS2: I'm against speeding and driving abuse, I wish these people would get fined more, but properly.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank CorsebouTheReturn for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 02.02.2017, 15:43
MusicChick's Avatar
modified, reprogrammed and doctored²
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 15,504
Groaned at 314 Times in 222 Posts
Thanked 17,959 Times in 9,320 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Frontaliers speeding, etc, fines - Jura

Quote:
View Post
"Sorted" with great risks of abuses, lack of verification, presumptions of culpability, etc...
How are these individuals "identified" and at which stage? simply flash the plates and identify?

What about the link between the plate record system vs the employee payroll systems (for people with identical names), forged plates, people who borrowed someone's car, etc...


When "law enforcement" merges with "admin" and "finances", sure, no error could ever occurs.


PS: genuine question, so these people are taxed less, then because it's on the payroll so it's less income?


It's absurd and it's a admission of impotency from law enforcement authorities.

PS2: I'm against speeding and driving abuse, I wish these people would get fined more, but properly.
Propely meaning getting information about what happened, where and who issued the fine before the offender decides to pay. Automatic sanctions have zero remedial value. No reflection. And I agree that it is potentially too easy to abuse.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speeding fines France Germany and outside Switzerland Sbrinz Transportation/driving 5 05.06.2013 17:02
Update: Speeding fines in France helenakc Transportation/driving 16 05.06.2013 12:05
Bilateral Speeding fines JonP Transportation/driving 25 24.07.2009 17:06


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0