English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Daily life (https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/)
-   -   Feedback on Digifuchs.ch for buying photography equipment? (https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/264117-feedback-digifuchs-ch-buying-photography-equipment.html)

Chuff 22.12.2016 10:23

Feedback on Digifuchs.ch for buying photography equipment?
 
Has anyone here regularly or recently purchased camera equipment from Digifuchs.ch and had good experiences with them? They have a lens in stock that I really want, but the lens is a grey import and the warranty is ONLY with Digifuchs... its not with Fujifilm Schweiz which I guess means I always have to go through them. That kind of makes me a little nervous. Any feedback on the potential downsides of this would be appreciated, please. :)

PS: I live less than 10 mins away from them so getting to and from the shop isn't an issue.

effveedeebee 22.12.2016 11:37

Re: Feedback on Digifuchs.ch for buying photography equipment?
 
I've bought lenses (including grey market ones) over Digifuchs- the grey market price is often a big discount, but as you said it comes without warranty.

Luckily I haven't had to use the warranty on any of the gear I've bought through them so I can't tell you if it's good or bad. But depending on how expensive that lens is and how well you treat your gear, it could be well worth the savings. If you're planning on taking a 5k$ lens to Burning Man you might want to get the warranty :)

If you have separate camera gear insurance that might cover the gear anyhow, so it's worth checking out...

Chuff 22.12.2016 11:40

Re: Feedback on Digifuchs.ch for buying photography equipment?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by effveedeebee (Post 2711618)
I've bought lenses (including grey market ones) over Digifuchs- the grey market price is often a big discount, but as you said it comes without warranty.

Luckily I haven't had to use the warranty on any of the gear I've bought through them so I can't tell you if it's good or bad. But depending on how expensive that lens is and how well you treat your gear, it could be well worth the savings. If you're planning on taking a 5k$ lens to Burning Man you might want to get the warranty :)

If you have separate camera gear insurance that might cover the gear anyhow, so it's worth checking out...

Hi thanks for the reply. The saving is only 10chf in this instance over buying at Media Markt or Digitec... the only benefit is I can get it today and have it for my family Christmas event. However my spider senses are tingling, and I am loathe to pay out 1.5k if I don't feel fully comfortable with it, so will likely let it pass and do without a telephoto this year. :)

fatmanfilms 22.12.2016 11:52

Re: Feedback on Digifuchs.ch for buying photography equipment?
 
Used them several times, they are an official Nikon dealer & have most stuff for immediate collection. The price in the shop is often higher so you need to order online & then collect 10 minutes later.

Any problems go directly to the Nikon repair centre, they have fixed things for me free of charge both with grey imports & way out of guarantee.

porsch1909 22.12.2016 12:00

Re: Feedback on Digifuchs.ch for buying photography equipment?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatmanfilms (Post 2711630)
Used them several times, they are an official Nikon dealer & have most stuff for immediate collection. The price in the shop is often higher so you need to order online & then collect 10 minutes later.

Any problems go directly to the Nikon repair centre, they have fixed things for me free of charge both with grey imports & way out of guarantee.

Not sure Nikon will repair Fuji stuff...

Chuff 22.12.2016 12:00

Re: Feedback on Digifuchs.ch for buying photography equipment?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatmanfilms (Post 2711630)
Used them several times, they are an official Nikon dealer & have most stuff for immediate collection. The price in the shop is often higher so you need to order online & then collect 10 minutes later.

Any problems go directly to the Nikon repair centre, they have fixed things for me free of charge both with grey imports & way out of guarantee.

I migrated away from Nikon to Fuji, and the warranty is only with Digifuchs on the lens I am looking at so I can't go direct to the repair centre. :)

fatmanfilms 22.12.2016 12:04

Re: Feedback on Digifuchs.ch for buying photography equipment?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuff (Post 2711643)
I migrated away from Nikon to Fuji, and the warranty is only with Digifuchs on the lens I am looking at so I can't go direct to the repair centre. :)

I suspect the Fuji repair centre won't be that bothered. The Film division was always very helpful with special requests very un Swiss.

Slaphead 22.12.2016 12:05

Re: Feedback on Digifuchs.ch for buying photography equipment?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuff (Post 2711621)
Hi thanks for the reply. The saving is only 10chf in this instance over buying at Media Markt or Digitec... the only benefit is I can get it today and have it for my family Christmas event. However my spider senses are tingling, and I am loathe to pay out 1.5k if I don't feel fully comfortable with it, so will likely let it pass and do without a telephoto this year. :)

No, for 1.5K I'd walk away from a grey import, especially, if as you say, the saving is only 10 chuffs.

If it was just 200 - 300 then I'd probably risk it

Chuff 22.12.2016 12:08

Re: Feedback on Digifuchs.ch for buying photography equipment?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slaphead (Post 2711646)
No, for 1.5K I'd walk away from a grey import, especially, if as you say, the saving is only 10 chuffs.

If it was just 200 - 300 then I'd probably risk it

This is also my thinking, and my spider senses were tingling from the moment I saw it was grey import... I always try and listen to my gut. If I went and bought it then it would be purely for the short-term convenience of having it for Christmas, and I'm not sure that is the right reason to buy. I'll certainly manage without it until the new year. :)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:47.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0