English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Daily life (https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/)
-   -   Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe] (https://www.englishforum.ch/daily-life/267511-bye-bye-billag-welcome-our-new-overlord-serafe.html)

aSwissInTheUS 10.03.2017 11:17

Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
The responsible federal departement UVEK/DETEC has found a new, cheaper (not for me and you) provider for billing.

Starting from 1. January 2019 the Radio and TV licences fee will be invoiced by Serafe AG.
English press release: https://www.uvek.admin.ch/uvek/en/ho...-id-65954.html

The parent company of Serafe, Secon AG, provides services for health insurance billing, well known costumers are Atupri and Helsana.
https://www.seconag.com/Kunden.aspx


So, who will change all the thread names and titles? :rolleyes: ;)

EDIT: The new "reception fee" will be 1 CHF/day or 365 CHF/year https://www.serafe.ch/en/
(leap years come with one free day, hurray)

Medea Fleecestealer 10.03.2017 11:27

Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
Not chepaer for us?

"the fee for radio and television for households can be reduced to significantly less than CHF 400 per year. The Federal Council will set the amount of the fee in good time before the new system enters into force."

curley 10.03.2017 11:27

Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aSwissInTheUS (Post 2753795)
The responsible federal departement UVEK/DETEC has found a new, cheaper (not for me and you) provider for billing.

Starting from 1. January 2019 the Radio and TV licences fee will be invoiced by Serafe AG.
http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/schweiz/...story/14416764


So, who will change all the thread names and titles? :rolleyes: ;)

Hmmmmm .....
<< Auch das Konzept, das die Tochterfirma der Secon AG aus Fehraltdorf ZH vorlegte, habe überzeugt. >>what new concept?!
<<Das neue Abgabesystem wird voraussichtlich aber erst am 1. Januar 2019 in Kraft treten>> What new fee-system?
I don't like it. It's not even fake information, it's no information at all. Just little hints. Do I have to worry about my safety? :eek:

No rush changing the thread titles though, is there.

aSwissInTheUS 10.03.2017 11:30

Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Medea Fleecestealer (Post 2753809)
Not chepaer for us?

"the fee for radio and television for households can be reduced to significantly less than CHF 400 per year. The Federal Council will set the amount of the fee in good time before the new system enters into force."

That is because it changes from "a household which has a reception device" to "a household which has ears or eyes" a.k.a "new fee-system" a.k.a "everyone pays" a.k.a "no more separate radio and TV licenses" as approved by the people on 14 June 2015 https://www.admin.ch/ch/d/pore/va/20150614/index.html

adrianlondon 10.03.2017 11:57

Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
Boo. Saying I had no TV or radio, whilst refusing to let them into my apartment, proved easy and fun.

Saying I have no eyes or ears is going to be more tricky. I guess I could stumble around, walking into them whilst saying "WHAT???" very loudly.

mirfield 10.03.2017 12:00

Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aSwissInTheUS (Post 2753795)
So, who will change all the thread names and titles? :rolleyes: ;)

We could get the swear filter to change "Billag" to "Serafe". Though that'd make this thread very weird to read...

martin959 10.03.2017 12:06

Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
Still dont get the point of this "Fee"... everything is online now, the Tv and Radio as we know it is dissapearing, soon we will be paying Fees to Youtube... :p

porsch1909 10.03.2017 12:48

Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by martin959 (Post 2753852)
Still dont get the point of this "Fee"... everything is online now, the Tv and Radio as we know it is dissapearing, soon we will be paying Fees to Youtube... :p

What do you think the ads are? If you don't want ads you can subscribe to youtube red for $10 per month!

MrVertigo 10.03.2017 12:56

Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
190 jobs in danger at Billag in canton Fribourg.....it will hurt.

Tom1234 10.03.2017 12:59

Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by martin959 (Post 2753852)
Still dont get the point of this "Fee"...

It pays for Swiss television and radio (and for infrastructure where applicable)

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin959 (Post 2753852)
... everything is online now, the Tv and Radio as we know it is dissapearing, soon we will be paying Fees to Youtube... :p

My car's radio is not online -it's FM over the air.

simple_person 10.03.2017 12:59

Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
240 jobs :eek:

http://www.20min.ch/schweiz/news/sto...Spiel-24578967

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrVertigo (Post 2753878)
190 jobs in danger at Billag in canton Fribourg.....it will hurt.


MrVertigo 10.03.2017 13:04

Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by simple_person (Post 2753884)

didn't know they had so many people to do nothing.... :confused:

curley 10.03.2017 13:50

Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by simple_person (Post 2753884)

That's tragic for the employees. But a company that after 20 years of existence has 2 clients - one that brings in 99% of the turnover and one, logic conclusion, that brings in the other 1% - has a crap management.
Or to look at it differently: If Swisscom founds a subsidiary (Tochtergesellschaft) solely to collect what we know as Billag-fees, it is a clear statement by Swisscom that "if we lose that contract, we don't want to be responsible for / want to be able to fire you - 240 - folks"
No?
On the other hand, the Bund (that's us! Btw.) owns 51.22% of Swisscom. So somehow the governement has just gotten rid of 240 indirect governemental employees ....?

And who is Serafe AG? When you try to google it, all you get is this Billag-news. They don't seem to have a website of their own. And it's a subsidiary (Tochtergesellschaft) of Secon AG, who provides software-solutions for insurances.
Weird.

aSwissInTheUS 10.03.2017 14:03

Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by curley (Post 2753910)
And who is Serafe AG? When you try to google it, all you get is this Billag-news. They don't seem to have a website of their own. And it's a subsidiary (Tochtergesellschaft) of Secon AG, who provides software-solutions for insurances.
Weird.

It was purposely founded for just that business case. In some years it will be Like-Billag-Closure-In-Fribourg all over again ;)

I am pretty sure that the RA and the FE in the name is for Radio and Fernsehn. Just no clue what the SE means yet. Service?

slammer 10.03.2017 14:05

Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by curley (Post 2753910)
That's tragic for the employees. But a company that after 20 years of existence has 2 clients - one that brings in 99% of the turnover and one, logic conclusion, that brings in the other 1% - has a crap management.
Or to look at it differently: If Swisscom founds a subsidiary (Tochtergesellschaft) solely to collect what we know as Billag-fees, it is a clear statement by Swisscom that "if we lose that contract, we don't want to be responsible for / want to be able to fire you - 240 - folks"
No?
On the other hand, the Bund (that's us! Btw.) owns 51.22% of Swisscom. So somehow the governement has just gotten rid of 240 indirect governemental employees ....?



And who is Serafe AG? When you try to google it, all you get is this Billag-news. They don't seem to have a website of their own. And it's a subsidiary (Tochtergesellschaft) of Secon AG, who provides software-solutions for insurances.
Weird.



Seems like they only started late last year, I wonder (mildly) who is behind them.

st2lemans 10.03.2017 14:06

Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aSwissInTheUS (Post 2753912)
I am pretty sure that the RA and the FE in the name is for Radio and Fernsehn. Just no clue what the SE means yet. Service?

Swedish. ;)

Tom

martin959 10.03.2017 14:38

Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom1234 (Post 2753882)
It pays for Swiss television and radio (and for infrastructure where applicable)



My car's radio is not online -it's FM over the air.


Soon they will be all :P in a couple of years ;)

AbFab 10.03.2017 14:45

Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
So there's already to be a vote about getting rid of Billag - and the upper house already rejected to initiative.

If the people vote to end Billag, does this mean it will be able to keep on Billag with another name??

st2lemans 10.03.2017 14:52

Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by martin959 (Post 2753938)
Soon they will be all :P in a couple of years ;)

A couple decades, maybe.

A couple years? Forget it.

DAB has been around for over two decades, yet only now is starting to take hold.

Same with DVB, though that advanced slightly faster and has been the norm for a few years now.

Tom

curley 10.03.2017 15:42

Re: Bye bye Billag [Welcome our new overlord Serafe]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aSwissInTheUS (Post 2753912)
It was purposely founded for just that business case. In some years it will be Like-Billag-Closure-In-Fribourg all over again ;)

I am pretty sure that the RA and the FE in the name is for Radio and Fernsehn. Just no clue what the SE means yet. Service?

LOL. So what if they hadn't gotten the deal? They would immediately have closed this Ltd. again?!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:32.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0